+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
rhcohen2014 said:
while it may not be common in the london thread, there are quite a few other applicants who's applications were sent to ottawa when they weren't expecting it to. this isn't necessarily bad or wrong. it just is.

also, currently applicants from the sydney and paris visa offices are getting their application processed in mississauga. this seems to be a new thing. someone recently posted the information in the may applicant thread. according to what CIC "told" them, it's related to workflow reasons at those offices. whether that's the real reason, we will never know. it's just what is currently happening with applications.
I never said t was bad or wrong it just might be worth sending an email just to be sure

If this is happening quite often then your right it's probably not a mistake but I would still want to be sure..

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Chevy23 said:
I never said t was bad or wrong it just might be worth sending an email just to be sure

If this is happening quite often then your right it's probably not a mistake but I would still want to be sure..
oh of course! it's always better to hear it from cic themselves. i just don't think it's anything to be concerned about at this point.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
rhcohen2014 said:
oh of course! it's always better to hear it from cic themselves. i just don't think it's anything to be concerned about at this point.
So perhaps the answer is, don't be concerned by this as it's becoming quite common but send an email just to be sure :)

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi Everyone

A kind person emailed me and asking about my update. I would like to thank that person for thinking about me and my situation, A massive THANK YOU TO YOU.

Update: since our interview last July (its has nothing to do with the genuiness of our marriages its a bit more complicated), the lady from the Canadian High Commission in London said that we had good news and bad. Good news is that the sponsorship and my husband's application passed but the bad news is we need to pay a fee and when that fee is done, well I guess thats that I suppose. She also said that if and when granted COPR, the lastest we can go home is April 10 nxt year. I must admit she was ever so nice and very helpful. We were glad to have this interview as we managed to asked her soooo many questions. Hoping to get my husband's COPR by the end of this year. We need to go back again as my husband need to sign something personally and I cant wait to see her again as I have more pressing questions. I intend to send payment end of this month when I get paid from work. They did say that it will take another 4 months for another correspondence after payment. ::)

Goodness, I think my case is the longest so far from August 2012 and now August 2014 and still waiting. I can only say that things happens for a purpose. :)

If I hear from them again, will let you know. Thanks again.

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Hey thanks for all the info guys!
I wow was pretty worried about it last night,but now I'm sure it's nothing.
We will email CIC during the week though just to be sure,as you guys were saying,it would be best to hear it from CIC themselves,then at least we can be 100% about it.

Lets just hope its one of those weird thngs they do without explanation! :D

Thanks again for all the help rhcohen and Chevy!

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
I am applying (from the UK) to sponsor my husband. Looking at the supporting document checklist it asks for an original ‘option C printout’ which obviously I won’t have, and also proof of employment and income. I work in the UK but will obviously be giving up my job to relocate to Canada, so do I really need to include a letter from my current employer, or should I just skip items 17-19 (IMM 5491) and focus on number 20, which is proof that I am planning to establish myself in Canada?

Caroline T.

Oct 19, 2013
Australia
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/202014
Med's Done....
01/11/2014
NVJ said:
I am applying (from the UK) to sponsor my husband. Looking at the supporting document checklist it asks for an original ‘option C printout' which obviously I won't have, and also proof of employment and income. I work in the UK but will obviously be giving up my job to relocate to Canada, so do I really need to include a letter from my current employer, or should I just skip items 17-19 (IMM 5491) and focus on number 20, which is proof that I am planning to establish myself in Canada?
You can call the CRA and request for them to send you you're most recent option C printout, I would get a letter from your employer and send recent payslips, they just want to know what your income sources are and that you will be able to support your partner if needed. I am also living aborad and this is what I did, even if you are obviously leaving your job soon to move to Canada, you're better off having more than enough proof of everything it asks for, so they don't have to question anything.

jenandmartha

Jun 20, 2014
Hello again, kind of unrelated question, but was wondering what other people were doing for medical insurance while they are waiting to get a care card for their sponsored uk partner? We seem to be finding travel insurance that stipulates that you are intending to return to the UK and are worried that the they would not cover any expenses if we needed them to if they discovered we were not returning to the uk.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Jen

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
jenandmartha said:
Hello again, kind of unrelated question, but was wondering what other people were doing for medical insurance while they are waiting to get a care card for their sponsored uk partner? We seem to be finding travel insurance that stipulates that you are intending to return to the UK and are worried that the they would not cover any expenses if we needed them to if they discovered we were not returning to the uk.

Thanks for all the help guys!
Jen
try https://www.travelinsurance.ca

they seem to have a package available for "inpatriots" to canada under the visitor section. this is for PRs and returning Canadians waiting for provencial health care. it seems you have to sign up through one of their partners. you'll be able to find a list of companies based on where you plan to live.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
qtazngal said:
Hi Everyone

A kind person emailed me and asking about my update. I would like to thank that person for thinking about me and my situation, A massive THANK YOU TO YOU.

Update: since our interview last July (its has nothing to do with the genuiness of our marriages its a bit more complicated), the lady from the Canadian High Commission in London said that we had good news and bad. Good news is that the sponsorship and my husband's application passed but the bad news is we need to pay a fee and when that fee is done, well I guess thats that I suppose. She also said that if and when granted COPR, the lastest we can go home is April 10 nxt year. I must admit she was ever so nice and very helpful. We were glad to have this interview as we managed to asked her soooo many questions. Hoping to get my husband's COPR by the end of this year. We need to go back again as my husband need to sign something personally and I cant wait to see her again as I have more pressing questions. I intend to send payment end of this month when I get paid from work. They did say that it will take another 4 months for another correspondence after payment. ::)

Goodness, I think my case is the longest so far from August 2012 and now August 2014 and still waiting. I can only say that things happens for a purpose. :)

If I hear from them again, will let you know. Thanks again.
That's excellent news! Fingers crossed for you!

PF

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/09/2014
Med's Done....
26/07/2014
Passport Req..
17/11/2014
Me again,.

In my personal history, do I include Travel ?

zqdot

Nov 11, 2013
Just posting updates for the master excel sheet.

June 20, 2014- Application in Process
June 23, 2014- Requested Police Certificate from UK
July 10, 2014- Police Certificate and attached questionnaire submitted

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
zqdot said:
Just posting updates for the master excel sheet.

June 20, 2014- Application in Process
June 23, 2014- Requested Police Certificate from UK
July 10, 2014- Police Certificate and attached questionnaire submitted
Spreadsheet is updated, and nice to seem some progress on your file. Fingers crossed for a quick decision made

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
PF said:
Me again,.

In my personal history, do I include Travel ?
I would include travel after the age of 18.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
ghunter said:
That's excellent news! Fingers crossed for you!
Hi ya

Now I remember! Many many thanks ghunter :D :D :D