+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
NVJ said:
Hi,
We have just started the whole process and am feeling very overwhelmed and confused!

I am Canadian, my husband British. We have 2 kids - they have dual citizenship.

We've downloaded the forms for applying outside Canada, but there seems to be so many inconsistencies (my sponsorship forms ask for information in Canadian dollars, phone numbers can only be entered in Canadian format, etc) Also they are asking questions like "Has your spouse ever met your children?" but there doesn't seen to be any way to indicate that they are OUR children.

Also on his forms (Generic Application form) we have to list ALL family members and include them on the application as Type A dependants, although again there is no clear way of indicating that they are our kids and have dual citizenship (I can select two nationalities from them from the drop down box--is this sufficient enough?)

Has anyone immigrated with kids who were already Canadian but just a spouse who wasn't?

Thanks

My son was born here and I only had to mention him in our application twice I think, your kids will not have to be included in your application as dependents. Here is the link where I got that information from when I was applying- http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-baby-dual-citizenship-t233086.0.html;msg3372281#msg3372281

In the "has your spouse ever met your children?" question we just put ex: John Smith is my child with Nancy, the principal applicant, who is my spouse.

I hope a more senior member can confirm what I am saying just in case.

Shayreef

Apr 16, 2013
Hello,

I am attempting to send a Case Specific Enquiry to the London Visa Office however the page does not load. I called CIC and they informed me to email the London Visa Office with the information I need to send them.

Does anyone know the email that I can contact them through? I've sent them an email before and they replied from the LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca email but I do not know if I can send anything to them there.

Also, I've been reviewing the 2014 Spreadsheet and noticed that the applications that have been processed and accepted are all over the place. I mailed my application in February, Mississauga received it on Mar 6, 2014 and I was accepted as a sponsor April 3, 2014. Is there a "general" time that it will take for the application to get accepted?

Thank you for your assistance.

Sherif

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
Well we finally have some good news. My husband decided to apply for a IEC (working holiday visa) on his NZ passport as we've been in Canada since March and he really needs to start working. Yesterday he got the email that his IEC visa has been approved(only took 2 weeks!). As we were making plans to drive to the border (about 3.5 hours away) over the weekend, I checked our account and found that his PR application is now "In Process". Not sure how long it will take to receive his PR now and so we're deciding if we should just wait for it or go ahead and activate his IEC now. The drawbacks of the IEC visa are that he may need one year of health insurance (even though he's covered under Alberta Health Care through me - it expires when his visitors visa expires next month) and a ticket out of Canada.
He already has one job offer, but wants to wait and see if some others come through before making a decision.
So happy to have some progress!

jenandmartha

Jun 20, 2014
Woohoo we got Martha's visa yesterday! Well I think we did at least, it's arrived at my in-laws' place but they don't understand the paperwork, but they had to sign for it and it is a big stack of documents, not sure what else it could be. We are going to theirs on Wednesday so we'll see then, Just thought I'd see if anyone knew if that is what the final decision should look like when it arrives? (They haven't updated our online thing since being approved as a sponsor). Also, is there anything else we need to do before flying to Canada? Looking at flights on Sept 7th :)

Thanks,
Jen

NVJ

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2015
Doc's Request.
2 requests in error, nothing needed
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Med's Done....
30-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM on ecas 19-10-2015
alicia13 said:
In the "has your spouse ever met your children?" question we just put ex: John Smith is my child with Nancy, the principal applicant, who is my spouse.

Thanks. I think that's what we'll do.

If you were applying from here, what did you put for income when the sponsor forms were already prefilled with CAD, did you just cross out and write in local currency, or find the current exchange, or something else all together? Even though we're applying from outside Canada, the sponsor forms don't seen to reflect that.

N

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Shayreef said:
Hello,

I am attempting to send a Case Specific Enquiry to the London Visa Office however the page does not load. I called CIC and they informed me to email the London Visa Office with the information I need to send them.

Does anyone know the email that I can contact them through? I've sent them an email before and they replied from the LDNIMMIGRATION @ international.gc.ca email but I do not know if I can send anything to them there.

Also, I've been reviewing the 2014 Spreadsheet and noticed that the applications that have been processed and accepted are all over the place. I mailed my application in February, Mississauga received it on Mar 6, 2014 and I was accepted as a sponsor April 3, 2014. Is there a "general" time that it will take for the application to get accepted?

Thank you for your assistance.

Sherif
Yes you can use that email to send information

The current trend for applications on the spread sheet is about 7 months, just keep an eye on the spread sheet it will give you a better estimation of current time lines

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
jenandmartha said:
Woohoo we got Martha's visa yesterday! Well I think we did at least, it's arrived at my in-laws' place but they don't understand the paperwork, but they had to sign for it and it is a big stack of documents, not sure what else it could be. We are going to theirs on Wednesday so we'll see then, Just thought I'd see if anyone knew if that is what the final decision should look like when it arrives? (They haven't updated our online thing since being approved as a sponsor). Also, is there anything else we need to do before flying to Canada? Looking at flights on Sept 7th :)

Thanks,
Jen
Congrats!

When I received my copr it came in a big-ish brown envelope and it had CIC London and immigration written all other it

Mine was thin, it only had 2 copies of my copr and a letter, but I have heard of other cases where London have sent all the evidence back in the same envelope as well

Don't worry about ECAS sometimes it doesn't get updated at all, some people have received copr before anything gets updated online

There's nothing more you need to do before flying to Canada, the are some b4 forms one for goods accompanying and one for goods following you will need to fill out... I haven't done mine yet but I think its pretty straight forward

Gatawa04

Jan 9, 2014
Ipswich
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/01/2014
AOR Received.
28/02/2014
Med's Done....
25/01/2014
Hi all

Just quick clarification, submited our application end of January, got sponsorship approval in february, We paid a sponsorship application fee of $75 and principal applicant fee of $475. Is there another fee that we need to pay before tbe process is complete.

thanks
Gats

jenandmartha

Jun 20, 2014
Chevy23 said:
Congrats!

When I received my copr it came in a big-ish brown envelope and it had CIC London and immigration written all other it

Mine was thin, it only had 2 copies of my copr and a letter, but I have heard of other cases where London have sent all the evidence back in the same envelope as well

Don't worry about ECAS sometimes it doesn't get updated at all, some people have received copr before anything gets updated online

There's nothing more you need to do before flying to Canada, the are some b4 forms one for goods accompanying and one for goods following you will need to fill out... I haven't done mine yet but I think its pretty straight forward
Thanks! We had my father-in-law scan it in for us, not sure what was confusing to him, it clearly is our copr and says we are good to go, so exciting! Could someone update us on the spreadsheet please? Our app was received Nov 29th :)

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Gatawa04 said:
Hi all

Just quick clarification, submited our application end of January, got sponsorship approval in february, We paid a sponsorship application fee of $75 and principal applicant fee of $475. Is there another fee that we need to pay before tbe process is complete.

thanks
Gats
You will need to pay the 'right of permanent residency' fee or RPRF for short

It's $490 CAD and can be paid online the same way the others were, you will need to mail a copy of the receipt to Mississauga with your file number on the envelope and receipt

They will link it to your file and update London

I recommend paying it as soon as you can, if you wait for London to request it then this can delay your file

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
A quick update.

I landed on the 5th of August and have to say the process was very simple. We were very lucky with the time of our flight as there was nobody else in the the line at Toronto airport immigration. It probably took all of 15 minutes start to finish.

Myself and my wife were taken into a cubical where my PR was activated and my status was changed to landed. Very few questions just a few quick ones like the date we got married our previous address and the address we were taking up residency in, then into another cubical where I was issued my SIN. After collecting our bags we were directed into customs to declare goods following this was the only part of the process that held us up as there are a couple of forms that need filled out in duplicate and we were done, straight into Timmies for a coffee and box of tim bits to wait for the bus.

Any advice I could give for anyone landing at a busy port like Pearson is be prepared and make it as easy as possible for the immigration and customs folks it will make the process so much easier for everybody. Be prepared to wait for at least 45-60 mins if you are booking transport as the immigration guy who took us said we were lucky and just missed 2 flights arriving and they were going non stop for an hour.

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
We finally received an answer to the email we sent chasing the COPR. They have lost the copy of my passport and need that to issue the COPR. We have sent it over tonight so hopefully the letter should come soon!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Sammyjolpp said:
We finally received an answer to the email we sent chasing the COPR. They have lost the copy of my passport and need that to issue the COPR. We have sent it over tonight so hopefully the letter should come soon!
Finally!!

At least you've had some communicaton now! The missing photocopy is not a major thing... It could be a lot worse

Hopefully not to much longer now! At least you know your copr will be on it's way :)

kateface

Apr 29, 2014
We finally got our sponsorship approval! Yey! Thank you for your calming input chevy23 ;)

Could somebody with the power please update the spreadsheet for us? AOR was August 8 2014 and sponsor approval was August 12 2014. Thank you!

Also, I have reached a rather frustrating hurdle...has anyone managed to log in on the application status check thing? There doesnt seem to be a Family Class option so I'm a little stumped!

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
Please update spreadsheet:

11 August - Email received asking for copy of data bio page from passport to be scanned and emailed over.
12 August - Email received asking for Right of Permanent Residence Fee
12 August - Right of Permanent Residence Fee paid online and receipt posted to Mississauga

Many Thanks!