+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Chevy23 said:
So after looking at my copr

They have put my height as 5ft 1
I'm actually 5ft 5

Does this matter?? Everything else is correct

Thanks guys
I searched another forum for you. And saw that someone else had an issue and got this reply from London when they sent a case specific enquiry

"Just got a reply to my 'urgent' email of yesterday sent to CHC saying to send my daughter's passport and COPR form back for correction. Just in case anyone else has similar difficulties, this might be useful:

'If an error appears in the name, date of birth, passport number and/or citizenship on the permanent resident visa and COPR, these should be returned to our office to make the relevant changes. Other mistakes, such as height or eye colour, may be changed by the officer at the port of entry when you enter Canada.' "

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Becki567 said:
I searched another forum for you. And saw that someone else had an issue and got this reply from London when they sent a case specific enquiry

"Just got a reply to my 'urgent' email of yesterday sent to CHC saying to send my daughter's passport and COPR form back for correction. Just in case anyone else has similar difficulties, this might be useful:

'If an error appears in the name, date of birth, passport number and/or citizenship on the permanent resident visa and COPR, these should be returned to our office to make the relevant changes. Other mistakes, such as height or eye colour, may be changed by the officer at the port of entry when you enter Canada.' "
Oh thank god I was thinking I would have to send it back

That's really good info thanks for that becki +1

Caroline T.

Oct 19, 2013
Australia
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/202014
Med's Done....
01/11/2014
Heppster said:
Hello,
I am also a Canadian living in the UK. For proof of return to Canada, I showed them 3 things. I got a job offer from my previous employer. I understand that is out of the question for you. Another thing was my visa expiring here in the UK. Again, this wont work in your case, but... I also asked my aunt and uncle to write a letter stating that they would host us upon arrival in Canada until we are able to find suitable accommodations and start my job.
If you have any friends or family that would be willing to do this for you that would be helpful. Also, if you have had any written communication with anyone over Texts, or email stating your intent to return to Canada this can also be beneficial. You may even apply for jobs, and if you are sent any correspondence from them, you can use this as intent to live in Canada because you are in the process of applying for a job. If you find somewhere that is willing to hold a position for you when you get there even better. If not, the intent is still there by actually looking for work.
Those are the things I think would help you. There may be other ways that others in the forum may know....
Best of luck with your application.
One more thing... Below is a link to some videos by a lawyer that will help you fill in the application forms. Be sure to check them out.

Hi, I have also been unsure about the proof of intent to return to Canada, I've also found it unrealistic to try to look for work or rent when I hve no idea when the application will be approved, for my proof I got my mom to write a letter saying that we can stay with her till we get settled, i gave a bank statement proving that i still have an account in canada, a car ownership form (my car is sitting at my parents house in canada), and my australian visa expiry, I also wrote about what my plans are in Canada, that i want to work for a year and save in order to go back to school, i miss my family and friends, my sisters getting married and i want to be there, and i explained that i didnt know when before my australian visa expires that i would be back so I couldnt look for jobs/rent. So hopefully that is enough, they can't expect you to have everything planned exactly if you dont know when you are able to go back to Canada, unless you get some a**hole.

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
Caroline T. said:
Hi, I have also been unsure about the proof of intent to return to Canada, I've also found it unrealistic to try to look for work or rent when I hve no idea when the application will be approved, for my proof I got my mom to write a letter saying that we can stay with her till we get settled, i gave a bank statement proving that i still have an account in canada, a car ownership form (my car is sitting at my parents house in canada), and my australian visa expiry, I also wrote about what my plans are in Canada, that i want to work for a year and save in order to go back to school, i miss my family and friends, my sisters getting married and i want to be there, and i explained that i didnt know when before my australian visa expires that i would be back so I couldnt look for jobs/rent. So hopefully that is enough, they can't expect you to have everything planned exactly if you dont know when you are able to go back to Canada, unless you get some a**hole.
We were in a similar position. We just showed intent by having email correspondence with a recruitment guy over there about possible job opportunities next year and also some email communication with an estate agent about different areas to live. We also added a letter explaining that we were committed to returning but until the COPR was received would not be applying for jobs / committing to housing. They accepted ours and my partner was approved to sponsor pretty quickly.

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
I forgot the process takes 11 months for the second part of sponsorship. Is it really that long?! :(

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Mrs.Purcy said:
I forgot the process takes 11 months for the second part of sponsorship. Is it really that long?! :(
My second half went through in 3 months, if you look at the 2014 spreadsheet you will see that the current trend is no where near 11 months at the moment

I would say that for the second stage right now it's between 6 and 8 months

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
Chevy23 said:
My second half went through in 3 months, if you look at the 2014 spreadsheet you will see that the current trend is no where near 11 months at the moment

I would say that for the second stage right now it's between 6 and 8 months
Where can I find the 2014 spreadsheet?

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
:D :D :D :D i finally got sponsorship today .... it says unconditional promise of support , does any one know what that means please .Can someone update the spreadsheet please, i'm so excited i could cry.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
taffy7 said:
:D :D :D :D i finally got sponsorship today .... it says unconditional promise of support , does any one know what that means please .Can someone update the spreadsheet please, i'm so excited i could cry.
I checked our SA, are you referring to the below?

"Reminder – Your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support
The undertaking you signed is an unconditional promise to financially support and provide basic requirements for your sponsored relative(s)."

It means exactly what it says, just that by signing the undertaking you promise to support your sponsored relatives

Oh and congratulations!!!

taffy7

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2014/June 10th 2014 application complete
Doc's Request.
09 June 2014 same doc's requested again 6th Oct 2014. docs not needed again mistake by cic
AOR Received.
sponsorship approval 05 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
05 Aug 2014
Med's Request
28 July 2015
Med's Done....
30th Dec 2013
Passport Req..
in process 18th July 2015/ DM 5/12/2015
LANDED..........
28/12/2015
Chevy23 said:
I checked our SA, are you referring to the below?

"Reminder – Your undertaking is an unconditional promise of support
The undertaking you signed is an unconditional promise to financially support and provide basic requirements for your sponsored relative(s)."

It means exactly what it says, just that by signing the undertaking you promise to support your sponsored relatives

Oh and congratulations!!!

yes i was just wondering if it had the two year conditional attached to it, not that it matters ., and thank you Chevy23

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
taffy7 said:
yes i was just wondering if it had the two year conditional attached to it, not that it matters ., and thank you Chevy23
No my SA doesn't have the condition attached to it, I think determining if the condition applies or not is done during the second stage so it won't be on SA but will be on the copr - if it applies to you

My copr clearly had the condition written on it

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
taffy7 said:
Added ;D

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
taffy7 said:
Congratulations!!!!!

Promise of support is the undertaking the sponsor commits to, so for 3 years ( I think?) the sponsor is financially responsible for their spouse.