+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sammyjolpp

Apr 7, 2014
Becki567 said:
I am not a good example. Our delivery notice went to the wrong house, and we did not find out COPR had arrived until post office sent final notice, this time to the right house. So ours was a month, but that is not normal.
I specified my Mums address as the mailing address as I knew we would be moving at some point this year. Our non-mailing address has changed but I assumed they would not send it there . Did yours go to your mailing address?

Many Thanks,

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Sammyjolpp said:
I specified my Mums address as the mailing address as I knew we would be moving at some point this year. Our non-mailing address has changed but I assumed they would not send it there . Did yours go to your mailing address?

Many Thanks,
We got our SA by email and then mail strangely..

And it was sent to the mailing address which is in quebec, whereas our non mailing address for SA is in Alberta

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Chevy23 said:
Omg! :eek:

Luckily I have not moved house so hopefully it will come soon :)
We didn't move. Our house number is 151 and they delivered it to 131... Guess the mailman couldn't read? LOL

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Sammyjolpp said:

Many Thanks,
See reply to Chevy :)

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Becki567 said:
We didn't move. Our house number is 151 and they delivered it to 131... Guess the mailman couldn't read? LOL
Oh sorry I totally misread that!

Our house number is 138, hopefully our postman can handle 3 digits

Sometimes our post goes to 136 as our house is kinda tucked around the corner so I think the postman gives up and just leaves our mail there!

Make sure you update when you get yours Sammyjolpp... I think I'll be checking with 136 just to be sure haha

GWN86

Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
17-11-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet available
LANDED..........
Not yet available
I'm a bit curious, what is in the package that contains the COPR? Other than the COPR, if there is anything.

We currently live in Cyprus and I'm moving back ASAP due to my father having a stroke and my mother got a date for her eye surgery. So we're abandoning the island and my husband will rotate into Canada on a tourist visa as he is working in Saudi Arabia in the Oil/Gas Industry (4 weeks on, 4 weeks off) till the process is done.

Now... When using lawyers, since they are our main point of contact, will the COPR go to them or will it be sent to our current listed address in Cyprus? Or will we not get a physical one at all due to being visa exempt?

Sorry for the billion questions, as always you guys have a faster response time than the lawyers so haha :p

*Note: My sponsorship approval letter was mailed to them, rather than me.

Christopholus

Sep 27, 2012
I've just realised that I did not include IM5406 with my application. I misinterpreted the checklist somehow and didn't realise I needed to include it.

What can I do to ensure that it finds its way to the right place?

Also does my partner need to fill out this form as well as she is a family member? Or does it only apply to family members who are applying for residency?

Original of completed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406), for the sponsored person and each family member 18 years of age or over, signed by the person concerned
Now I've noticed this I am second guessing a few other things too. I hope this is the only mistake I've made!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Christopholus said:
I've just realised that I did not include IM5406 with my application. I misinterpreted the checklist somehow and didn't realise I needed to include it.

What can I do to ensure that it finds its way to the right place?

Also does my partner need to fill out this form as well as she is a family member? Or does it only apply to family members who are applying for residency?

Now I've noticed this I am second guessing a few other things too. I hope this is the only mistake I've made!
Only you need to fill out this form, as your partner must already be Canadian

I don't know if there's anything you can do about it until you get your file number so that they can link it up to your application

I might be wrong on that but I'm sure someone who does know will advise

Either way this missed form is probably going to cause a delay in your application

Christopholus

Sep 27, 2012
Thanks.
I guess I will fill it and send it to Mississauga, mark on the envelope what it is with my full name and UCI and hope that it finds its way to the right place.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Christopholus said:
Thanks.
I guess I will fill it and send it to Mississauga, mark on the envelope what it is with my full name and UCI and hope that it finds its way to the right place.
Ok yh if you have your UCI that should be ok

I paid my RPRF late, but before they asked for it and it got their ok, I put my name and file number on it

Its worth a try and may minimise any delay.. if any

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
GWN86 said:
I'm a bit curious, what is in the package that contains the COPR? Other than the COPR, if there is anything.

We currently live in Cyprus and I'm moving back ASAP due to my father having a stroke and my mother got a date for her eye surgery. So we're abandoning the island and my husband will rotate into Canada on a tourist visa as he is working in Saudi Arabia in the Oil/Gas Industry (4 weeks on, 4 weeks off) till the process is done.

Now... When using lawyers, since they are our main point of contact, will the COPR go to them or will it be sent to our current listed address in Cyprus? Or will we not get a physical one at all due to being visa exempt?

Sorry for the billion questions, as always you guys have a faster response time than the lawyers so haha :p

*Note: My sponsorship approval letter was mailed to them, rather than me.

I just got the copr and a short letter saying the same as the email i got

It will be posted to the address you gave in the application, usually what is on ecas

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
jkgtr said:
I just got the copr and a short letter saying the same as the email i got

It will be posted to the address you gave in the application, usually what is on ecas
Yours just arrived? I thought you got yours on the 15th

I'm still waiting for mine and out of the whole 7 months process for me, these last 2 weeks have been the longest

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
yes i got mine on the 15th, i was replying to the questions that gwn86 asked

"I'm a bit curious, what is in the package that contains the COPR? Other than the COPR, if there is anything."

and

"Now... When using lawyers, since they are our main point of contact, will the COPR go to them or will it be sent to our current listed address in Cyprus?"

Still waiting?!? mine only took about a week and that was including a couple of public holidays with no post, hope it doesnt take to much longer mate.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
jkgtr said:
yes i got mine on the 15th, i was replying to the questions that gwn86 asked

"I'm a bit curious, what is in the package that contains the COPR? Other than the COPR, if there is anything."

and

"Now... When using lawyers, since they are our main point of contact, will the COPR go to them or will it be sent to our current listed address in Cyprus?"

Still waiting?!? mine only took about a week and that was including a couple of public holidays with no post, hope it doesnt take to much longer mate.
Ahh ok sorry I was looking at the spreadsheet trying to work out average times for receiving copr LOL and thought that your had taken 3 weeks to arrive

I will try and read stuff properly next time!!

Moun7

Apr 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 22, 2014
AOR Received.
Jul 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Jul 22, 2014
Med's Done....
Mar 27, 2014
Passport Req..
Jun 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jul 03, 2015
ghunter said:
Congratulations! I have updated you on the spreadsheet. This was sponsorship approval, rather than just the acknowledgement of receipt, right?

What nationality passport does your wife hold? I am trying to figure out if you are visa exempt of not! :)

Thanks. She holds Indian citizenship therefore is not visa exempt.