+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Chevy23 said:
So I got a request for RPRF today and I paid it on the 27th June

I sent a case specific enquiry - not sure if I'll get a reply

My ECAS went to in process on 30th June but my official request for RPRF was today (9th June) perhaps someone can change that on the spreadsheet... probably doesn't matter but I figure its best to keep the spreadsheet as accurate as possible

Thanks
Im confused...So have a look at spreadsheet and see if the changes are correct

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Chevy23 said:
Also how exactly does copr arrive by mail?

Do you have to sign for it? Can anyone sign or does it have to be who its addressed to?
Or does it just get put through the letter box

and

How do you know if the interview has been waived?

Requesting RPRF has to be a good thing right... surely there not gonna make you pay it, reject your application and then have to refund it back to you?

Sorry for numerous posts and questions... I'm bored at work and keep looking at this forum and the recent activity has got me excited lol
It comes by registered mail. It does have to be signed for but I don't know if anyone can sign for it or not. We got ours from the post office and my hubby was there to sign for it. I would never say never with the CIC, but realistically with it being assessed in London, odds are no interview. Have you ever ordered your notes? That would tell you if they had any relationship doubts.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
GWN86 said:
Well this is just mind boggling.

We have been contacted by the London office to give a police check from the UAE. Problem is, we can't seem to find ANY UAE embassy, mission or consulate within Cyprus as this must be done within the country of residence. In theory we might be able to get one when he's on rotation in Saudi where he holds a residence visa for work (only) but we're unable to get one here (as far as we know). The London office has given us 60 days to produce this. Anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

'Local Requests:
You should apply in person at the police department of the emirate. You will be required to present the following documents:

your original passport, as well a copy;
a copy of your resident visa;
three photographs; and
applicable fees.
Non-Resident Requests:
Applicants may send applications by courier with a pre-paid airway bill to the relevant office listed below. You must submit with your application the following:

a set of fingerprints certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE Embassy in your country of current residence;
a copy of your passport;
a copy of your former residence visa; and
applicable fees'

UPDATE:

Lawyers have contacted us saying that in theory we might be able to get it waved if we write a letter stating the difficulty in obtaining a police check from here.
I have no idea, but with this type of question you might have better luck getting an answer if you post it in its own thread on the board. Other members that are not applying through London may have had this experience and are more likely to see your post

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Becki567 said:
It comes by registered mail. It does have to be signed for but I don't know if anyone can sign for it or not. We got ours from the post office and my hubby was there to sign for it. I would never say never with the CIC, but realistically with it being assessed in London, odds are no interview. Have you ever ordered your notes? That would tell you if they had any relationship doubts.
I ordered my notes a couple months ago and they said criminality in process and the notes said proof seen, no need to doubt bonafides of relationship. But that's it

Is it worth ordering them again now? Or should I wait a few weeks to see if they receive my RPRF and if my ECAS changes to DM .. Me being hopefull I know

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Chevy23 said:
I ordered my notes a couple months ago and they said criminality in process and the notes said proof seen, no need to doubt bonafides of relationship. But that's it

Is it worth ordering them again now? Or should I wait a few weeks to see if they receive my RPRF and if my ECAS changes to DM .. Me being hopefull I know
I wouldn't order them again. NO need to doubt relationship should be enough to not make you worry about an interview.

jamestneutron

May 29, 2013
E-K said:
Is anyone else having trouble with their E-CAS?

We checked our status yesterday, and got this message (below). We thought it was maybe just a system glitch, but we're getting the same message today, too.

The message says :

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times
At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
sponsored a member of the family class;
applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
applied to resume Canadian citizenship.

Thoughts?
I was having this issue all day yesterday, but I noticed that the Family name field was case sensitive. Try all lower case or just capitalizing the first letter. Worked for me. Hope this helps you.

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
Chevy23 said:

I sent them an email to change my phone number, and also added "oh by the way, have you received my RPRF?"
They replied that they had within 2-3 days.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Graihn said:
I sent them an email to change my phone number, and also added "oh by the way, have you received my RPRF?"
They replied that they had within 2-3 days.
Yh I remember you saying you did that

I did send them a case specific email but I have nothing I can change so I just mentioned that I paid it a couple weeks before they requested it... Hopefully they will reply but I don't know

I'll keep a look out for a reply but it said in the auto email it takes them 28 days to respond

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
Once you recieve your copr do you have to send of your passport to the london Vo to get stamped?

I ask because i have flights booked to go to Canada for 2 weeks on the 5th of August, is there a quick turnaround on that process. If not should i go for the 2 weeks as a tourist and wait until i get back to send of my passport to London as I will be landing in Canada permanently mid September?

thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jkgtr said:
Once you recieve your copr do you have to send of your passport to the london Vo to get stamped?

I ask because i have flights booked to go to Canada for 2 weeks on the 5th of August, is there a quick turnaround on that process. If not should i go for the 2 weeks as a tourist and wait until i get back to send of my passport to London as I will be landing in Canada permanently mid September?

thanks
As you are visa-exempt, you do not send your passport.

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014

HolgerDanske

Feb 1, 2014
jkgtr said:
Got an email today saying that my file has now been approved and your Confirmation of Permanent Residence will be sent today.

Have to say such a relief to see that email dropping in!

According to ecas it started processing on the 5th of July and decision made today on the 8th of July. they have been busy indeed.
Have you received your COPR by mail???

I have the same decision time line as you, and I am flying out to Toronto monday morning, so I am hoping it will arrive before.

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
no i havent got it yet, but i am expecting delays due to this weekend marking the start of the 12th fortnight so there will be no post here over the weekend and public holiday here in Northern Ireland.

I will keep you up to date though

Christopholus

Sep 27, 2012
I just had a look at the spreadsheet and I am very happy to see 2014 applications are starting to be approved. Congratulations everybody!

I am in the process of finalizing my application, and hope to have it sent of either by the end of today or tomorrow. Now that 2014 applications are being approved I am feeling very optimistic!