+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Shaunx729 said:
Got my notes a few weeks back.

On the second page there is a due date june 25th 2014

Criminality is in progress
Security has not been started.

The last time my file had notes entered onto it was january 7th 2014

Basically what was said: APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS REVIEWED AND APPEAR CONSISTENT. RCMP INITIATED VIA GCMS. FILE TO REVIEW OFFICER.

It has been 223 days since I submitted my application or 7.33 months. Can anyone shed some light on the security/criminality, the due date reference as well as what ''review'' officer means.

Thank you so much!
Criminality is what held up my husbands application. His took about 5 months to complete despite having no criminal record and only living in UK and Canada. CIC told my MP that the background checks are outsourced to a third party and they have no way of checking how long it will take.

The June 25th date is likely a bring forward date that essentially means it will notify the officer on that date to look at your file. This is so (hopefully) no files fall through the cracks and is forgotten. It does not mean it won't be done before then, and unfortunately also does not mean it will be done by then.

There has been an increase in waiting time but 224 days is around what others have been waiting... And some like Brit_Immigrant way longer :-( I believe he is also waiting for background checks to be completed, as well I know Jennfwa on the spreadsheet was told last week they are still waiting for her background check to be completed.

Keep busy, try not to obsess (I failed at this), and know it will come through and once it does you almost forget immediately how stressful the process can be.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Becki567 said:
Once a decision is made you will receive your COPR by registered mail. You will have to sign for it.

You may also watch your ECAS to be updated to "Decision Made" but this is not always accurate or timely.
Thank you Becki567 for the information.

I will have to wait I guess for a while coz just sent them what they require last week.

Thanks again

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Becki567 said:
Criminality is what held up my husbands application. His took about 5 months to complete despite having no criminal record and only living in UK and Canada. CIC told my MP that the background checks are outsourced to a third party and they have no way of checking how long it will take.

The June 25th date is likely a bring forward date that essentially means it will notify the officer on that date to look at your file. This is so (hopefully) no files fall through the cracks and is forgotten. It does not mean it won't be done before then, and unfortunately also does not mean it will be done by then.

There has been an increase in waiting time but 224 days is around what others have been waiting... And some like Brit_Immigrant way longer :-( I believe he is also waiting for background checks to be completed, as well I know Jennfwa on the spreadsheet was told last week they are still waiting for her background check to be completed.

Keep busy, try not to obsess (I failed at this), and know it will come through and once it does you almost forget immediately how stressful the process can be.
Yep my background check has been ongoing since Feb 6th, so 4 months!

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2015 Proof of Cohabitation
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval 15-07-2014 In Progress 20-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2014 extended to 27-04-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Becki567 said:
That is a great news. I hope there is little or no delay for you. I held off adding you to the spreadsheet until you decided if you were going to withdraw your application or not. I think we should add you now but make a note in the "notes" section. Can you provide me with the date your application was received by Mississauga again? This is the date you know they received it through tracking it, not the date they acknowledge receipt. Thank you
Thanks Becki, our application was received May 14. Will also let you know when they received the replacement forms indicating Common-law.

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
Need a bit of advice here folks

At the start of the process being from Northern Ireland i originaly applied for a NI criminal police check, soon after I realised it was the wrong one and I actually needed the apro police check which i then ordered. Both documents arrived and since the NI one was cheap and not relevent it got ignored and i opened the apro check which had "No trace" happy days it got sent in with the application.

A couple of days ago while clearing out I found and opened the NI Police document and had a little read and there is a conviction on it for a motoring offence in 1998 "driving without due care and attention" ( at the time i remember getting the penalty points and fine but just figured it was a fixed penalty and didnt realise it was an actual conviction ) so bugger me i checked no to criminal convictions on the application on my understanding that it was a fixed penalty and the NO trace on the apro!

so my question is should i contact the London visa office with a groveling email explaining the above situation or since it was no trace on my police check leave it?

and advise or anyone with similar experiances?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
For some reason, traffic offences don't always show up on the UK PCC.

The rule of thumb with CIC is to be open and honest, so it might be worth updating them via a CSE. (claim loss of memory). That way, they have no excuse for claiming "misrepresentation".

Having said that, it's extremely unlikely that a "due care" offence will jeopardise your application, especially from 16 years ago.

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
Cheers Zardoz.

I will play it safe and do some groveling lol

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Hi everyone,
Today I received my GCMS notes and to my surprise Criminality check is not started yet!! My file was transferred to London 6th of January 2014. After 5 months, they have not done anything to my application. I am guessing to wait for 3, 4 months more! This process will be maximum for me! I am so upset :(

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
saeedar said:
Hi everyone,
Today I received my GCMS notes and to my surprise Criminality check is not started yet!! My file was transferred to London 6th of January 2014. After 5 months, they have not done anything to my application. I am guessing to wait for 3, 4 months more! This process will be maximum for me! I am so upset :(
Calm yourself. If you have a look at the spreadsheet, you'll see that only one person from January has been processed; they're currently working on applications that got to London around November. So your approval is probably 2ish months away. Criminality doesn't take that long, it's not like it's going to be a ridiculously long process once they start it, so just sit tight and calm yourself.

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
SchnookoLoly said:
Calm yourself. If you have a look at the spreadsheet, you'll see that only one person from January has been processed; they're currently working on applications that got to London around November. So your approval is probably 2ish months away. Criminality doesn't take that long, it's not like it's going to be a ridiculously long process once they start it, so just sit tight and calm yourself.
Thanks SchnookoLoly! I was waiting to see some progress on my application and the result of GCMS notes just annoyed me. Last updated time on my application is last February and the last status is "Eligibility in progress". But GCMC notes do not tell everything!
I hope I will reach to the point of PR approval.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
saeedar said:
Thanks SchnookoLoly! I was waiting to see some progress on my application and the result of GCMS notes just annoyed me. Last updated time on my application is last February and the last status is "Eligibility in progress". But GCMC notes do not tell everything!
I hope I will reach to the point of PR approval.
Also, if you look on the bottom of your notes you will see the date they were generated. This date is often different from the date you received them. In my case, 2 out of the 3 times I ordered the notes they were generated close to the date I ordered them but I still had to wait the 30 days to receive them.

So if that date is a month ago, there very likely could be some changes to your file as of today.

Does that make sense?

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Becki567 said:
Also, if you look on the bottom of your notes you will see the date they were generated. This date is often different from the date you received them. In my case, 2 out of the 3 times I ordered the notes they were generated close to the date I ordered them but I still had to wait the 30 days to receive them.

So if that date is a month ago, there very likely could be some changes to your file as of today.

Does that make sense?
Yes Becki, you are right! The file is generated exactly the day I requested them! And due date on my file is after file generation date.
This gives me some hope that they have may done something to my application so far. Of course, due date does not say that officer will definitely take a look at my application.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
saeedar said:
Yes Becki, you are right! The file is generated exactly the day I requested them! And due date on my file is after file generation date.
This gives me some hope that they have may done something to my application so far. Of course, due date does not say that officer will definitely take a look at my application.
Your eligibility due date is usually 12 months from when they receive your application in London. My criminality due date was September 29th 2013 and is still in progress. i wouldn't read too much in to the due dates!

saeedar

Star Member
Oct 7, 2012
Brit_Immigrant said:
Your eligibility due date is usually 12 months from when they receive your application in London. My criminality due date was September 29th 2013 and is still in progress. i wouldn't read too much in to the due dates!
Exactly! Due date for eligibility is set to one year from the date file is received in London office. But due date in application assignment is some days ago. Anyway, due dates do not say anything trustful!

Brit, when your file sent to London? have you been asked for any extra document?

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
saeedar said:
Exactly! Due date for eligibility is set to one year from the date file is received in London office. But due date in application assignment is some days ago. Anyway, due dates do not say anything trustful!

Brit, when your file sent to London? have you been asked for any extra document?
My file was received my London on August 30th 2013. No they didn't request any documents, the application was complete and paid for when I submitted it with the UK police certificate, RCMP screen results and medical completed form all included.