+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2015 Proof of Cohabitation
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval 15-07-2014 In Progress 20-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2014 extended to 27-04-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
katathfx said:
Thank you, I will withdraw the application and resubmit as Common Law. I don't think they have even looked at it yet because it has only been 17 days since they received it. Do you know if they send the entire application back to me?
Wanted to up-date my course of action. After speaking with CIC regarding if I get my application package back when I the withdraw application. I was informed that they do not return it. The agent also advised me not to withdraw it because there is a very good chance that they will see it as an error and contact me to confirm. With any luck at that point they will request we resubmit IMM 1344 and IMM 0008. The application is full of documents supporting a common law partnership as well as the reasons why we choose conjugal. Not sure what my chances are for a positive out come, but I am trying to be optimistic. Worse case scenario it is denied and we will resubmit. Fingers crossed :)

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
Hi! Just wanted to share what we've found since arriving in Canada at the end of March and I also have a question I'm hoping someone can answer.

We flew into Vancouver from NZ and my husband entered as a visitor on his UK passport. We explained that his PR application was submitted in December and had no problems entering Canada. They stamped his passport to stay as a visitor for 6 months. I had to wait a while at customs while they processed my form for our stuff arriving later by sea. We bought 3 months of travel insurance before we left NZ. We spent some time in Vancouver and Calgary looking for jobs. I was able to get a drivers license in BC using my parents address. We also bought a car in BC (again using my parents address). We drove to San Francisco to pick up our dogs who flew from NZ. No problems getting into the US or back into Canada. Strangely they didn't stamp my husband's passport when he re-entered Canada, so I think his visitors visa is valid from the date we flew into Vancouver.

I ended up getting a job in Calgary, so I had to transfer my drivers license and the car from BC to Alberta. Now this worked out well for me because it turns out BC will accept an NZ drivers license but Alberta will not, so by getting a BC one first, I was able to just transfer my new BC license and avoid having to take a drivers test (something my husband will have to do after he gets PR). We also got Alberta health care, though my husband's has an expiry date (when his visitors visa expires). We used the CIC website to update our address and it's been updated on the website to a Calgary address for both of us. Our stuff arrived from NZ and we got it shipped to Calgary and cleared from customs.

My husband has had many job interviews and one (conditional) job offer in writing. I'm confident he will have his choice of jobs when his PR comes through.

Now hopefully PR will come soon, but I'm wondering if he should go ahead and apply for an IEC visa, just in case PR takes a long time, it may allow him to start work sooner. He is eligible for IEC on his NZ passport, but his PR is on his UK passport. He was going to apply for IEC from NZ, but got nervous when part of the application said that he must have intent to remain in Canada temporarily, and return to NZ at the end of the year. Does anyone know if he's eligible for IEC (with PR application pending) and if applying would be a problem for his PR application??? As I said, hopefully he won't have to use it, but the waiting is hard, and having some certainty of being able to work soon would be wonderful.

I am absolutely thrilled to be back in Canada after being away for 13 years!

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hello

Can I ask, when they request for the scanned copy of the bio data page of the passport, what will happend then, do they email you back and say to you - OK YOU ARE GOOD TO GO or they will officially write to you and inform you.

Thank you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
qtazngal said:
Hello

Can I ask, when they request for the scanned copy of the bio data page of the passport, what will happend then, do they email you back and say to you - OK YOU ARE GOOD TO GO or they will officially write to you and inform you.

Thank you.
They don't acknowledge receipt of requested information. (At least in my experience). What does it say on e-CAS?

Graihn

Jul 15, 2013
Kitchener-Waterloo
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 22 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 22 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 1 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 12 2014
zardoz said:
They don't acknowledge receipt of requested information. (At least in my experience). What does it say on e-CAS?

I emailed them 3 weeks after I sent the receipt for paid RPRF, and they replied within two days to say they had received it. I had an excuse to email though, as my phone number's changed.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Graihn said:
I emailed them 3 weeks after I sent the receipt for paid RPRF, and they replied within two days to say they had received it. I had an excuse to email though, as my phone number's changed.
Same for me when I sent back my faulty COPR. Nothing until I prodded them to ask if they had actually received it, a couple of weeks later. London actually used the word "urgently" in their request for me to return it, so I felt justified in querying on the same basis.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi guys

Apologies if I mislead you.

See, I received a request to send scanned photocopy of the bio data page of the passport which I did and asked also the person who I was sending it to to give me a confirmation of receipt that he received the email with the copy of the passport. Right away he did saying the its received.

My questions is, what happends next? Would they email me again and say, everything is ok, you guys may leave to go the Canada or would they write?

Again, apologies and also thank you.

qqqqq

Mar 24, 2014
Hi guys,

Do we have to inform CIC about speeding,parking tickets ( from New Zealand) and what if we have some due parking fines with ministry of justice ?

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
ghunter said:
No worries, I have updated the spreadsheet now. I noticed in your old posts that you said your extra documents were requested on April 15th, so I put that date for now. Please let me know if it was the 19th instead and I will change it. :)
It's sad that you remember my dates better than I do, ghunter. Can I blame it on application stress? Thanks a lot, and you do have the correct information posted on the google docs.

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2015 Proof of Cohabitation
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval 15-07-2014 In Progress 20-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2014 extended to 27-04-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
katathfx said:
Wanted to up-date my course of action. After speaking with CIC regarding if I get my application package back when I the withdraw application. I was informed that they do not return it. The agent also advised me not to withdraw it because there is a very good chance that they will see it as an error and contact me to confirm. With any luck at that point they will request we resubmit IMM 1344 and IMM 0008. The application is full of documents supporting a common law partnership as well as the reasons why we choose conjugal. Not sure what my chances are for a positive out come, but I am trying to be optimistic. Worse case scenario it is denied and we will resubmit. Fingers crossed :)
Another update, This morning I called my MP and explained my mistake with the application. He called CIC on my behalf. What I need to do is submit a letter flagged as "Additional Information" on the envelope, explain my error in a letter and resubmit the above mentioned forms under Common Law. With any luck, this shouldn't cause my application to be processed any slower than normal (but time will tell). I am grateful to the people in this forum who quickly let me know that I messed up BIG :)

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
Got my notes a few weeks back.

On the second page there is a due date june 25th 2014

Criminality is in progress
Security has not been started.

The last time my file had notes entered onto it was january 7th 2014

Basically what was said: APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS REVIEWED AND APPEAR CONSISTENT. RCMP INITIATED VIA GCMS. FILE TO REVIEW OFFICER.

It has been 223 days since I submitted my application or 7.33 months. Can anyone shed some light on the security/criminality, the due date reference as well as what ''review'' officer means.

Thank you so much!

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Shaunx729 said:
Got my notes a few weeks back.

On the second page there is a due date june 25th 2014

Criminality is in progress
Security has not been started.

The last time my file had notes entered onto it was january 7th 2014

Basically what was said: APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTS REVIEWED AND APPEAR CONSISTENT. RCMP INITIATED VIA GCMS. FILE TO REVIEW OFFICER.

It has been 223 days since I submitted my application or 7.33 months. Can anyone shed some light on the security/criminality, the due date reference as well as what ''review'' officer means.

Thank you so much!
I think from reading on here that review officer is the final officer that will be making the final decision on your file, looking to see if your proof is good and passing your eligibility which is the last stage I believe.

I too ordered my notes and it also says crim in progress and security not started.. it is my understanding that security can take a few months

I don't understand due dates as I had a few due dates on my file.. some of which were Feb. 2014 which has now passed and April 2015! - So I'm choosing to ignore them haha

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
qtazngal said:
Hi guys

Apologies if I mislead you.

See, I received a request to send scanned photocopy of the bio data page of the passport which I did and asked also the person who I was sending it to to give me a confirmation of receipt that he received the email with the copy of the passport. Right away he did saying the its received.

My questions is, what happends next? Would they email me again and say, everything is ok, you guys may leave to go the Canada or would they write?

Again, apologies and also thank you.
Once a decision is made you will receive your COPR by registered mail. You will have to sign for it.

You may also watch your ECAS to be updated to "Decision Made" but this is not always accurate or timely.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
qqqqq said:
Hi guys,

Do we have to inform CIC about speeding,parking tickets ( from New Zealand) and what if we have some due parking fines with ministry of justice ?
You do not have to inform them. You would have to inform them if you were speeding so excessively you were pulled over and charged with a crime like dangerous driving because that is a criminal code offence.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
katathfx said:
Another update, This morning I called my MP and explained my mistake with the application. He called CIC on my behalf. What I need to do is submit a letter flagged as "Additional Information" on the envelope, explain my error in a letter and resubmit the above mentioned forms under Common Law. With any luck, this shouldn't cause my application to be processed any slower than normal (but time will tell). I am grateful to the people in this forum who quickly let me know that I messed up BIG :)
That is a great news. I hope there is little or no delay for you. I held off adding you to the spreadsheet until you decided if you were going to withdraw your application or not. I think we should add you now but make a note in the "notes" section. Can you provide me with the date your application was received by Mississauga again? This is the date you know they received it through tracking it, not the date they acknowledge receipt. Thank you