+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

katathfx

Star Member
Feb 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014
Doc's Request.
08-01-2015 Proof of Cohabitation
AOR Received.
Sponsorship Approval 15-07-2014 In Progress 20-02-2015
Med's Done....
28-04-2014 extended to 27-04-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2015
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
SchnookoLoly said:
The point of conjugal is for people who literally cannot be together usually because of legal reasons - same sex couples in a country where homosexuality is illegal, or a couple who has gotten married in a country where divorce is not recognised so they literally cannot get married.

Neither the UK nor Canada has these restrictions. There was nothing to stop you and your boyfriend from living together, which you state you did, or from getting married now that your divorce is finalised - and this latter fact is probably what is going to cause you the biggest issue now. There is literally nothing stopping you from getting together in Canada, or the UK, or any other country and getting married. You are both legally able to get married now, and there are no legal reasons why you cannot. Therefore you will not qualify as conjugal partners.

Use this link to withdraw your application: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=732&t=14
Thank you, I will withdraw the application and resubmit as Common Law. I don't think they have even looked at it yet because it has only been 17 days since they received it. Do you know if they send the entire application back to me?

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
OK so i got my gcms notes back today

My wife passed as my sponsor, which we already knew only notes on this are they recommend the V/O verify her intentions to return to Canada which we have done stating she is applying for work after completing her studies here by attaching some email records of letter of acknowledgement of applications etc.
medical has been passed.
security and criminality have not yet started.

it states it is "in process" but no date given so i assume this is just a generic term.

one thing that does stand out is a note from someone in London in March listing evidence and our previous marital status, at the end they state "Application and submitted documents reviewed and appear consistent. File to review officer"

has anyone who has ordered notes ever seen this? I am going to interpret it as a positive message from an officer in London.

thanks for reading folks!

John.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
I ordered mine and it also says criminality in process

At the end of our notes it says something similar 'no need to doubt bona fides of relationship file to officer for review'

I can't say for sure what it means but like you I see it as a positive thing

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Ours also said our documents appear to be consistent and "extensive evidence to support b.f.a relationship" I think the bfa stood for bonafide? Ours was approved. I laughed the extensive because I sure did provide alot

Mrs.Purcy

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-14
Med's Done....
01-24-14
Chevy23 said:
I ordered mine and it also says criminality in process

At the end of our notes it says something similar 'no need to doubt bona fides of relationship file to officer for review'

I can't say for sure what it means but like you I see it as a positive thing
How long did it take for criminality in process to show? What was the time frame in months from when your spouses PR was sent to London from Missisauaga?

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Mrs.Purcy said:
How long did it take for criminality in process to show? What was the time frame in months from when your spouses PR was sent to London from Missisauaga?
According to my notes it was sent to London on the 1st April and criminality was changed to in process on the 17th April

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Chevy23 said:
According to my notes it was sent to London on the 1st April and criminality was changed to in process on the 17th April
My notes say "extensive evidence to show common law for more than 12 months. No reason to doubt bona fide relationship recommended passed and sent to officer for final approval." and my criminality was set to in progress RCMP check initiated and completed on February 6th 2014 and has sat that way ever since.

The evidence gets checked once in Mississauga, by one officer in London and then gets sent to the final officer for final review and decision.

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
So are you saying that this means it's with the final officer for review but can still sit there for months?

I see from the spreadsheet that your still waiting for copr, London seems very inconsistent so really nothing means anything and you can never really know from gcms notes when copr will arrive

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Chevy23 said:
So are you saying that this means it's with the final officer for review but can still sit there for months?

I see from the spreadsheet that your still waiting for copr, London seems very inconsistent so really nothing means anything and you can never really know from gcms notes when copr will arrive
Yeah, who knows? Mine appears to be a bit of an anomaly, it doesn't usually take this long but mine has been sitting there as recommended approved for 4 months now waiting for that final approval on eligibility.

Criminality has taken that long also. I have a squeaky clean record in Canada and from the UK so who knows why that is taken so long as well?

It is very inconsistent. The spreadsheet average is massively skewed by the people that get processed super fast. The median is a bit more of an accurate indicator, but we will see that rise for sure as more 2013 applicants start to get processed. The lack of activity is making them numbers appear a lot faster than they are. Only one applicant processed from 2014 with 5 months gone looks like the wait time will be significantly over 6 months for 2014 applicants at the moment but only time will tell!

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
Does anyone know anything about the wait times for case specific inquiries? We sent one to London a month ago, and another (unrelated) about two weeks ago with no word. Any idea?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Applicant7 said:
Does anyone know anything about the wait times for case specific inquiries? We sent one to London a month ago, and another (unrelated) about two weeks ago with no word. Any idea?
They may, or may not reply in about a month from the date of sending. Unless, of course, you mark it "urgent". In that case, they tend to reply within a day or two. However, they have to be convinced that it IS urgent, or the CSE will be put back onto the slow pile. I have used it at least three times to London and all have been urgent in nature.

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
zardoz said:
They may, or may not reply in about a month from the date of sending. Unless, of course, you mark it "urgent". In that case, they tend to reply within a day or two. However, they have to be convinced that it IS urgent, or the CSE will be put back onto the slow pile. I have used it at least three times to London and all have been urgent in nature.
Thanks for answering so quickly. I can't in good conscience mark it urgent, so I suppose I will languish unanswered here in Frankfurt. They both had to do with the website really (they had not correctly updated our address, or said anything about our medicals), so I'll just have to hope things work out.

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
Sorry for double posting, but just to keep the spreadsheet accurate, some things in my column need to be changed.

Sponsor approval: January 13th.
Extra docs requested: April 19th.

Sorry for any additional hassle.

jennfwa

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
Applicant7 said:
It depends. Sometimes they reply and sometimes they don't. I emailed them last week and I got a reply within 12 hours. I was shocked.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Applicant7 said:
Sorry for double posting, but just to keep the spreadsheet accurate, some things in my column need to be changed.

Sponsor approval: January 13th.
Extra docs requested: April 19th.

Sorry for any additional hassle.
No worries, I have updated the spreadsheet now. I noticed in your old posts that you said your extra documents were requested on April 15th, so I put that date for now. Please let me know if it was the 19th instead and I will change it. :)