+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

aj~

Star Member
Oct 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
File Transfer...
30/08/2013
Med's Done....
19/04/2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17/04/2014
LANDED..........
07/05/2014
togethersoon said:
No no, don't beat yourself too much over doing the medical early! My husband had sort of done the same thing, but it's really for lack of knowing. If all goes well for your application, expect for your medical to be extended at least a few weeks. We were also in the same tight situation (In Process for 6-7 weeks, and medical expiry coming very close), but they emailed us to let us know that the medical was extended another 2 weeks. After crazily preparing and rushing everything (ie, air ticket, wrapping up life in the UK), when my husband got his COPR, it was extended a full year (which was so bittersweet, I can't even explain it, bc he rushed everything, and we could've used an extra month or so)!

But I guess, all is well that ends well, right? Good luck.. I hope you're given a bit more time and less frustration!
Thanks togethersoon, appreciate it.

Still no movement from "In Process" or sign of the GMCS notes but pleased to say London did reply to me today. Apparently my file is currently undergoing routine background checks and they'll be in touch if they require any additional information.

I did live in Canada for a year before under an IEC visa so maybe that is extending the process slightly as there are more checks to complete. Hopefully this means the rest of the application is ok though and this is one of the final stages they need to complete before my PR is issued?

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
aj~ said:

Still no movement from "In Process" or sign of the GMCS notes but pleased to say London did reply to me today. Apparently my file is currently undergoing routine background checks and they'll be in touch if they require any additional information.

I did live in Canada for a year before under an IEC visa so maybe that is extending the process slightly as there are more checks to complete. Hopefully this means the rest of the application is ok though and this is one of the final stages they need to complete before my PR is issued?
I guess the more countries they have to check the longer it takes....but I'm guessing. I did read somewhere its the background checks that generally hold up the application.

I have a good feeling about April, hopefully we all have positive news this month :)

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
aj~ said:

Your notes will tell you when your back ground was sent out. My husband is on his second IEC, expiring in 3 weeks. And we are stuck on background check. We have been since Nov 5

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Thanks everyone for everything :) I'm so glad we found this forum. It has been extremely helpful. Thanks everyone.

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Hello all,

After waiting 19 days after sending out the PPR we finally have the Passport with the visa, and the COPR. It was delivered on the 29th of march and we were out, so we went to pick it up today. It is good to be at this stage! Now it is all up to us for when we choose to land. It appears as if the expiry date on the COPR is roughly 3 weeks later than the expiry of the medical which is a bit strange.

Now we have one remaining question... With this Conditional PR with we fall into, I understand that we have to live together for 2 years from the date of becoming a Permanent Resident. Does anyone know how strict they are with that? My wife and I will be traveling later this year, after she has become a PR, but there will be a time when I have to travel home about 2 weeks earlier than she will. She will need to stay in the UK for some appointments, she will be staying with her parents, but by no means, be living there, just waiting for the appointments.
Thanks for your thoughts.

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
Question! When I login to ecas at the bottom right had corner its says

Date modified:
2014-01-24

Not sure if this is when they last updated the information on the website or if it is something pertaining to my application?
Any ideas?

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Heppster said:
Hello all,

Now we have one remaining question... With this Conditional PR with we fall into, I understand that we have to live together for 2 years from the date of becoming a Permanent Resident. Does anyone know how strict they are with that? My wife and I will be traveling later this year, after she has become a PR, but there will be a time when I have to travel home about 2 weeks earlier than she will. She will need to stay in the UK for some appointments, she will be staying with her parents, but by no means, be living there, just waiting for the appointments.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Congratulations Heppster. I know how concerned you were concerning the delay and it is really good news that you have got through it all successfully. I do not know what the exact wording of the condition is but my off the cuff opinion is that you have nothing at all to worry about. You are still living together even though temporarily you do things which keep you apart. If one of you went out shopping for example, or went away temporarily on business and stayed in a hotel, you would still be living together and I cannot see that a short time apart will make any difference. That I suspect would be the way CIC would react if they ever got to know about it.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Shaunx729 said:
Question! When I login to ecas at the bottom right had corner its says

Date modified:
2014-01-24

Not sure if this is when they last updated the information on the website or if it is something pertaining to my application?
Any ideas?
Its a website thing. Mine has the exact same date

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
Becki567 said:
Its a website thing. Mine has the exact same date
Ah thought so...bummer lol.

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
wowsers said:
Congratulations Heppster. I know how concerned you were concerning the delay and it is really good news that you have got through it all successfully. I do not know what the exact wording of the condition is but my off the cuff opinion is that you have nothing at all to worry about. You are still living together even though temporarily you do things which keep you apart. If one of you went out shopping for example, or went away temporarily on business and stayed in a hotel, you would still be living together and I cannot see that a short time apart will make any difference. That I suspect would be the way CIC would react if they ever got to know about it.
Thanks Wowsers,

I think that this is the way that CIC would look at things, but we all know that immigration do not normally go about things logically if you know what I mean. I hope we have nothing to worry about. Everything I read about the Conditional PR says, that if there is a relationship breakdown, but it also says that we have to Cohabit for 2 years. It is unclear about travel and short instances where we may be apart due to business, etc. when that may not be possible. I have written a Case Specific Enquiry as well so I hope to hear something.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Heppster said:
Thanks Wowsers,

I think that this is the way that CIC would look at things, but we all know that immigration do not normally go about things logically if you know what I mean. I hope we have nothing to worry about. Everything I read about the Conditional PR says, that if there is a relationship breakdown, but it also says that we have to Cohabit for 2 years. It is unclear about travel and short instances where we may be apart due to business, etc. when that may not be possible. I have written a Case Specific Enquiry as well so I hope to hear something.
2 weeks is nothing, you'll be fine. What they want to avoid is people getting their PR, and then living separate lives. It's obviously not your case - you are traveling before her, and she has a good reason to stay behind - and you still have a common address etc. Don't worry about it! :)
Sweden

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
When do they normally update the CIC data set for points of service ( showing how many applications are processed in a time frame)

http://data.gc.ca/data/en/dataset/427337d0-7c36-4fed-8428-c6a63f8c19b3#comments

The spread sheet is only showing September 2013 as the most recent point. Are they not supposed to update every 3 months?

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
It COPR came in post today, never been so happy and emotional at the same time, sooooooooo happy the wait is over 6 days short of 10 months. Anyone who's waiting it will come. Big thank you to everyone who helped answer all questions and gave advise when needed.

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
B1007 said:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
It COPR came in post today, never been so happy and emotional at the same time, sooooooooo happy the wait is over 6 days short of 10 months. Anyone who's waiting it will come. Big thank you to everyone who helped answer all questions and gave advise when needed.
Congrats :)!