+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
B1007 said:
Oh no!! Does that apply to everyone who still has applications in process? Ours is coming up to 10 months! I don't want to wait another month before contacting them. Would the 11 months. apply to my situation?
It doesn't necessary mean it will take the full 11 months. As you're already at 10 months, I would email London VO to get an update on your application

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
Sweden said:
Since London hasn't asked for anything, there is a good chance that it's positive (unless you have a totally unreasonable application!). So...the COPR should just show up anytime now at your door :) Congratulations! what an excellent way to find out...
Thanks to all the volunteer advice-giver and spreadsheet updaters Sweden ! I wouldn't have made it through to this point without it - after 12 months apart we finally reunited 7 weeks ago under a visitors permit and everyone was sooo much less stressful now we are together again and my son is happily settling into school here ! :D

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
Now the official CIC timescale is 11 months I would like to reassure folk that I was not a straightforward application and I got my DM in 220 which is not too much over the average waiting times - so use the spreadsheet as a guide rather than CIC !

I was asked for an additional 30 years history from aged 18 - which was really hard to recall ! I am divorced with two children - one accompanying and one not ( both declared ) and I spent some time in Holland as a teen and could not recall dates or address !

Ecas never went to In Process which proves work can still be going on despite no updates !

I shall post again when the COPR arrives to show others how long it can take and once we take a trip to the States to activate it I will let everyone know how it went - I doubt we will do the flagpole thing because I have a fear the Administrative Refusal will come back to bite me in the future !

Best of luck that all of you waiting since before August get your decisions next :D

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
So currently it takes 11 months to process 80% of the applications.

Does anyone know what happens to the other 20% and why they are delayed?

Curious for anyone's feedback on that!

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
My lawyer sent a case specific inquiry.

We got the response today saying that my application is still awaiting review from a case officer.

Sounds like they haven't even opened it yet. I don't understand how they can be so inconsistent!

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
Brit_Immigrant said:
My lawyer sent a case specific inquiry.

We got the response today saying that my application is still awaiting review from a case officer.

Sounds like they haven't even opened it yet. I don't understand how they can be so inconsistent!
I spoke to my lawyer the other day and she told me that London is receiving overflow from other visa offices ( I didn't confirm what exactly is being sent) Also that silly strike has probably added to the processing time average.

I sent a message as well and got no response. I guess they just let it sit for a few months then open it. Very frustrating but probably done by design so some people fall off the Pr application process ( for whatever reason)

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
B1007 said:
Oh no!! Does that apply to everyone who still has applications in process? Ours is coming up to 10 months! I don't want to wait another month before contacting them. Would the 11 months. apply to my situation?
Are you married or common law? wondering if that makes a difference at all ???

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
I am under the impression there is no consistancy in the order London VO are processing applications. There are some more recent applications that have already had PR approved but then some much older ones which sound like aren't even in process yet. All very fustrating! Understood it depends on the complexity of the application but surely there should be some consistancy.

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
apt2208 said:
I am under the impression there is no consistancy in the order London VO are processing applications. There are some more recent applications that have already had PR approved but then some much older ones which sound like aren't even in process yet. All very fustrating! Understood it depends on the complexity of the application but surely there should be some consistancy.
There is no complexity issue when they haven't even started to process your application yet.

I think I have a very straight forward application. It is a complete and paid for application and I am already living and working in Canada.

My Visa expires at the end of the month. Now I have to extend it, which is just more time and money wasted!

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
apt2208 said:
Hey They say they process in the order that they receive them. From what I have read the security clearance checks take the longest time. Have you lived in many countries or do you feel your application is pretty straight forward?

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
Brit_Immigrant said:
There is no complexity issue when they haven't even started to process your application yet.

I think I have a very straight forward application. It is a complete and paid for application and I am already living and working in Canada.

My Visa expires at the end of the month. Now I have to extend it, which is just more time and money wasted!
is there no way your lawyer can let them know your visa is expiring which may prompt them to process your application quicker?

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
Shaunx729 said:
Hey They say they process in the order that they receive them. From what I have read the security clearance checks take the longest time. Have you lived in many countries or do you feel your application is pretty straight forward?
Always lived in the UK, no criminal record, straight forward case

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
apt2208 said:
is there no way your lawyer can let them know your visa is expiring which may prompt them to process your application quicker?
It took them two weeks to reply saying they haven't started working on it. It will be expired by the time they tell me they can't speed up the process!