+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

olliekav

Feb 4, 2014
I had to re-send one form on our spousal application to Canada, but now the Royal Mail tracking says...

"A delivery was attempted for your item with reference RUXXXXXXXXXX in CANADA before 14:03 on 10/03/14.
If the addressee does not collect it or make an arrangement to have it redelivered, it will be returned to the sender in the UK."

Now what am I meant to do? The original visa application made it there okay, I can't find any way of contacting them. So annoying.

edit:

I just checked Canada Mail and it gave me this...

2014/03/10 14:03 MISSISSAUGA Item being returned to sender. Incomplete address.

Yet it's the same address I sent the original application to? It's the right postcode on the Tracking receipt? Is it just the post office being incompetent?

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
Hi Can I please get added to the spread sheet!

Application recieved: oct 22nd 2013 - Miss
Sponsor approval: November 6th 2013
Medicals completed: September 2013
My letter of approval said that they forwarded my application to London

No AOR from London yet - Am I supposed to get one? :-[

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Hello All!!

Despite utter chaos in our household and ready to give up, the last two weeks due to events not involving CIC, CIC came to the rescue...well maybe it was the fortune cookie from last night that read, "You will achieve most of your goals tomorrow". My wife has finally been asked for her passport so that London can finalize our application. SO EXCITED! The way that the email was worded I know beyond a doubt that the decision is a positive one. Now it is just a matter of getting the passport sent off tomorrow, get the Visa and COPR, and wait for Royal Mail to return the Passport with the Visa and the COPR! Today turned out to be a great day for my wife and I!

I honestly was not expecting this to happen, and guess what? ECAS still says, "Application Received." I looked last night and like always got frustrated that there has not been movement. So for those of you waiting and refreshing that page all the time, don't bother wasting your time. You may actually be doing yourself more harm than good checking ECAS because chances are that CIC is farther along the processing your application than what ECAS says.

We ordered our Electronic Case notes and they should be ready by the 2nd of April... I jumped the gun there too, but at least we will have a complete record from start to finish on what their thoughts were.

I will update you all when we get the COPR and visa, hopefully within 3 weeks from now!

For those still waiting, keep your head up, your DM is coming, its just a matter of time.

Heppster

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Shaunx729 said:
Hi Can I please get added to the spread sheet!

Application recieved: oct 22nd 2013 - Miss
Sponsor approval: November 6th 2013
Medicals completed: September 2013
My letter of approval said that they forwarded my application to London

No AOR from London yet - Am I supposed to get one? :-[
You have been added to the spreadsheet - I would not expect an AOR from London, I have never heard of them sending one to anyone on this forum! Just lots of waiting.

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
Awesome!

I forgot to say we are married and I see it on the spreadsheet - so if you can .

Thanks for that information! What a pain!

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Heppster said:
Hello All!!

Despite utter chaos in our household and ready to give up, the last two weeks due to events not involving CIC, CIC came to the rescue...well maybe it was the fortune cookie from last night that read, "You will achieve most of your goals tomorrow". My wife has finally been asked for her passport so that London can finalize our application. SO EXCITED! The way that the email was worded I know beyond a doubt that the decision is a positive one. Now it is just a matter of getting the passport sent off tomorrow, get the Visa and COPR, and wait for Royal Mail to return the Passport with the Visa and the COPR! Today turned out to be a great day for my wife and I!

I honestly was not expecting this to happen, and guess what? ECAS still says, "Application Received." I looked last night and like always got frustrated that there has not been movement. So for those of you waiting and refreshing that page all the time, don't bother wasting your time. You may actually be doing yourself more harm than good checking ECAS because chances are that CIC is farther along the processing your application than what ECAS says.

We ordered our Electronic Case notes and they should be ready by the 2nd of April... I jumped the gun there too, but at least we will have a complete record from start to finish on what their thoughts were.

I will update you all when we get the COPR and visa, hopefully within 3 weeks from now!

For those still waiting, keep your head up, your DM is coming, its just a matter of time.

Heppster
That is great news. Congratulations!

Shaunx729

Mar 13, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/17/2013
AOR Received.
10/22/2013
File Transfer...
11/06/2013
Med's Done....
9/20/2013
Cant wait for that to be me!!! :eek:

aj~

Star Member
Oct 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
File Transfer...
30/08/2013
Med's Done....
19/04/2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17/04/2014
LANDED..........
07/05/2014
Heppster said:
Hello All!!

Heppster
Congrats Heppster! Always nice to see some London movement, gives that extra bit of hope for some news soon.

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Heppster said:
Hello All!!

Despite utter chaos in our household and ready to give up, the last two weeks due to events not involving CIC, CIC came to the rescue...well maybe it was the fortune cookie from last night that read, "You will achieve most of your goals tomorrow". My wife has finally been asked for her passport so that London can finalize our application. SO EXCITED! The way that the email was worded I know beyond a doubt that the decision is a positive one. Now it is just a matter of getting the passport sent off tomorrow, get the Visa and COPR, and wait for Royal Mail to return the Passport with the Visa and the COPR! Today turned out to be a great day for my wife and I.

Congrats! That's great to see some movement in London gives us some hope. Hope that will be us next!

Heppster

B1007

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sorry didn't quite post the last post right lol. Congrats Heppster! Great to see movement from London! Hope we are next!

bmore321

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Canada (TWP)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013 FBI Police Report
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
File Transfer...
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
17-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014 Received COPR 3-5-2014
LANDED..........
19-05-2014
B1007 said:
Sorry didn't quite post the last post right lol. Congrats Heppster! Great to see movement from London! Hope we are next!
Does requesting case notes speed up the case? Is it necessary?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
bmore321 said:
Does requesting case notes speed up the case? Is it necessary?
No, it doesn't speed it up and it is not necessary, though it can be helpful for the state of one's mind to see the actual status of the application.

aj~

Star Member
Oct 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/08/2013
AOR Received.
21/08/2013
File Transfer...
30/08/2013
Med's Done....
19/04/2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
17/04/2014
LANDED..........
07/05/2014
Just when I was starting to lose faith there is finally movement! :)

ECAS updated to "In Process" with "started processing application on March 11, 2014".

Please can the spreadsheet be updated to reflect?

Now onto the next wait, hopefully this time a short one with positive news.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some progress at last! Congrats to Heppster and ajsquiggle. Now that my application stands out in the spreadsheet like a sore thumb, would some kind soul correct my entry, which for some reason was not entered in accordance with the info I gave. My application has been 'in process' since 21 August 13, not 10 September 13. So slower progress than shown on the spreadsheet. My guess is that my slow progress is because I am an oldie and ex-military: so more to investigate. That is only a guess. Ecas says nothing new and the GCMS notes show no work being done on my application at all at present. Perhaps they have given up and in years to come someone will find me still languishing on the spreadsheet and longing for some cheese.

apt2208

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-SEP-2013
File Transfer...
01-OCT-2013
Med's Done....
01-AUG-2013
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
17-May-2014
wowsers said:
Some progress at last! Congrats to Heppster and ajsquiggle. Now that my application stands out in the spreadsheet like a sore thumb, would some kind soul correct my entry, which for some reason was not entered in accordance with the info I gave. My application has been 'in process' since 21 August 13, not 10 September 13. So slower progress than shown on the spreadsheet. My guess is that my slow progress is because I am an oldie and ex-military: so more to investigate. That is only a guess. Ecas says nothing new and the GCMS notes show no work being done on my application at all at present. Perhaps they have given up and in years to come someone will find me still languishing on the spreadsheet and longing for some cheese.
Hi there, I'm new to this forum but regularly follow the British Expat forum so am on the s/s via that.

It may be worth sending a case specific case enquiry to the London VO. You may have already done this but just a thought.