+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

togethersoon

Nov 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2013
AOR Received.
July 11, 2013
File Transfer...
"In Process" Jan 23, 2014
Med's Done....
March, 2013
Passport Req..
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2014
LANDED..........
April 3, 2014
It's great to see that everyone is getting the positive decision one by one which gives us hope. It's 219+ days, we've sent our application but there's no news and ECAS shows the same status 'Application Received'. Hate to say that this is such a long awaiting, frustrating time. Congrats to all successful applicants and wishing the rest.. ALL THE BEST!

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
Can someone add us?
Application received Dec 11th, 2013
Stage 1 approved Jan 9th
Married, no dependents.

Hoping to make the move in March!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
maica1x said:
I know on inland aps, its implied status for all of us.
Just saw this now and wanted to let you know that an inland app doesn't give Implied Status; it is the OWP app submitted with it that gives Implied Status. As the OWP applies only to you, your children would not get Implied Status from an inland app, you would need to continue extending their visitor statuses.

maica1x said:
Does anyone know as well if i do outland app and am in canada, how does my status change to PR? Do I need to leave canada and come back in on different status?
You would need to leave Canada and return to land as a PR. Most people flagpole, which means a quick run to the US border, go to US immigration, turn back around and come back through Canadian immigration to land as a PR. Pretty easy to do.

Ralphstars said:
I was advised we would need medical insurance until the PR was approved before we were entitled to Alberta Healthcare - but you seem to know differently - how do we check ?
Your husband can add you to his account. It isn't very clearly spelled out on their website but they do give coverage to dependents with visitor status. You and your husband should go in to one of their locations. If you search the forum, you'll find several other threads where Alberta visitors were successfully added to their spouse's account.

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
canuck_in_uk said:
Your husband can add you to his account. It isn't very clearly spelled out on their website but they do give coverage to dependents with visitor status. You and your husband should go in to one of their locations. If you search the forum, you'll find several other threads where Alberta visitors were successfully added to their spouse's account.
Many thanks Canuck_in_uk !

Nicky :D

stu08

Jul 17, 2013
Hi guys.

A quick question that's maybe been asked a thousand times already. How long roughly does it take from Decision Made showing on ECAS to you finding out what decision they've taken. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up to soon. Hopefully good news. Is there any reason that your application can be refused without an interview? Thanks

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
stu08 said:
Hi guys.

A quick question that's maybe been asked a thousand times already. How long roughly does it take from Decision Made showing on ECAS to you finding out what decision they've taken. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up to soon. Hopefully good news. Is there any reason that your application can be refused without an interview? Thanks
I am not sure how long it takes, I think maybe a week or two. But I do know that if you did not have an interview then you have nothing to worry about. You have been approved. Congratulations.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
My husband is here on an IEC visa that expires April 17, 2014. We were planning to apply for a tourist visa should we not have heard anything by then.

I have asked previously about us going to Disneyland on April 26 and was assured this would probably cause no problem with him being allowed back in.

However, I have seen on another post that someone was advised after landing but before they received PR card to NOT leave Canada. I am wondering if this is true, or your opinion. It could be possible he would have landed but not received his PR card when we leave if we are also lucky enough to have a processing time of less than 8 months.

I am also a bit unclear what happens once a positive decision is made. Can we just flag pole at the border to land or do we have to wait for a landing appointment?

And finally, on Tuesday it will be 30 days since he ordered the GCMS notes. We have not received them or heard anything. On Tuesday if we still have not heard anything can he/should he enquire? And how? He used the option that charged us $5.

I appreciate all your help.

Thank you!

vmeehan

Dec 27, 2013
Hey!

Thank you for the well wishes my fiancé and I are very excited about my change of immigration status!
If I could give you any advice, I would advise to give as much evidence as possible of your relationship over the course of 12 years (even though they just say 2 years minimum is necessary). I think they prefer loose photographs so if you can provide these or get current ones duplicated vs photocopies it would be better. I provided over 120 photographs, presented them chronologically, over the 3 + years of our relationship with little sticky notes at the back stating the year, location and occasion of photos.
We also did not have any household bills with both our names, but we did present individual bank statements, phone bills, and various other bills which highlighted the fact that that they were both being sent to the same address, which was used as evidence for a shared address. And we both managed to retrieve various bills over the course of 2.5 years proving we have co habited over this period of time. All the documents were clipped together with a sticky note explaining what the document was and it's purpose.
We also had a tenancy agreement which my fiancé and i signed for a property in Canada for 2014.
My fiancé and I also included every travel itinerary for trips we took together; Hotel accommodation itineraries for our trips; passport page photocopies showing visa stamps on both our passport as additional evidence of us travelling together (also clipped together with little sticky notes).
When filling out the application we made sure each section was thoroughly filled out with as much detail as possible.. Some of the questions took 4-5 additional pages to fill ( for example a list of friends and family my fiancé has met of mine and vice versa. Also the question regarding how our relationship has evolved to present day- I think we provided a very detailed 6-7 page answer to that!)
We also included a cover letter as the presenting document of our application, which basically gave a brief introduction of both my fiancé and I to whoever was looking over our application and our purpose for applying for PR.

Ultimately, I really think my application was swiftly processed due to the amount of evidence included; it was user friendly to read and very organised (thanks to my lovely fiancé :D ). Make sure you check your application ten fold and remember to sign every additional page you include! Best of luck:)

maica1x said:
Wow,that's amazing- CONGRATS!. Gives me hope that mine may go through fast too...but I know most times that doesn't happen!

Any tips on type/how much evidence you put in that made decision easy for them? I've known my husband for 12 years now and we have 2 kids. Have loads photos showing that and planning on arranging photocopies of them in timeline with comments, perhaps 2 a year or so (as its 12 years) to show us together and with families. Also lots of emails over period, and credit report, letter from rental agency of our joint rentals. But have no bills as such with both names on. Joint account though since 2007. Any advise helpful!

Does anyone know as well if i do outland app and am in canada, how does my status change to PR? Do I need to leave canada and come back in on different status?

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
canuck_in_uk said:
My husband checked this out yesterday with a representative from the registry for Alberta Healthcare and he confirms that once I get my Visitors Permit as the spouse of a Canadian I will be entitled to an Alberta Healthcare number too !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Becki567 said:
However, I have seen on another post that someone was advised after landing but before they received PR card to NOT leave Canada. I am wondering if this is true, or your opinion. It could be possible he would have landed but not received his PR card when we leave if we are also lucky enough to have a processing time of less than 8 months.

I am also a bit unclear what happens once a positive decision is made. Can we just flag pole at the border to land or do we have to wait for a landing appointment?

And finally, on Tuesday it will be 30 days since he ordered the GCMS notes. We have not received them or heard anything. On Tuesday if we still have not heard anything can he/should he enquire? And how? He used the option that charged us $5.
It's perfectly fine for your husband to travel after landing and before receiving his PR card. He can travel back to Canada on the strength of his visa-exempt passport and then present himself as a PR to the border officer without any issue. I confirmed this with my partner's landing officer, as we had a trip to Mexico planned and didn't know if his PR card would arrive in time. When coming back to Canada, your husband will be travelling as a visitor; the airline could refuse to board him if he says he is a PR but doesn't have the card.

You flagpole at the border.

Not sure, sorry. I would say to give it a few extra days.

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
canuck_in_uk said:
It's perfectly fine for your husband to travel after landing and before receiving his PR card. He can travel back to Canada on the strength of his visa-exempt passport and then present himself as a PR to the border officer without any issue. I confirmed this with my partner's landing officer, as we had a trip to Mexico planned and didn't know if his PR card would arrive in time. When coming back to Canada, your husband will be travelling as a visitor; the airline could refuse to board him if he says he is a PR but doesn't have the card.

You flagpole at the border.

Not sure, sorry. I would say to give it a few extra days.
Thank you for your help and reassurance

maica1x

Jan 9, 2014
Hi jay10,

Don't know if u still need to know about kids going to school. As long as one of you is a citizen or permanent resident, and have a rental agreement, you will be able to get them assigned to a school. I am visiting my husband here with my 2 UK kids, and I have just done this and they accepted it. You will need to sign them up at the vancouver school board as they were born outside of UK- check their website, be prepared to wait and try and get there early. Bring birth certificates and passports of kids...oh, and you will all need to be there together, they need to see everyone. So, maybe on next visit? When I spoke to a lawyer, he said they shouldn't be allowed in school but that the school board might not be aware of that....bit silly, but may be lucky for us. Hope that helps.

canuknz

Jul 8, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
Med's Done....
26-11-2013
Ralphstars said:
My husband checked this out yesterday with a representative from the registry for Alberta Healthcare and he confirms that once I get my Visitors Permit as the spouse of a Canadian I will be entitled to an Alberta Healthcare number too !

This is news (good news) to me, as we're still debating between Alberta and BC. Are Canadians (me) eligible for Alberta Healthcare immediately upon returning to Canada? Or do I still need to get my own insurance for 3 months? And will my husband be eligible as soon as we arrive in Canada? We're not sure if he's going to be on a visitors visa, IEC, or PR by the time we arrive. If he's on an IEC, one of the requirements is that he shows proof of 12 months of health insurance, so if he arrives with me, is this not necessary?

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
canuknz said:
This is news (good news) to me, as we're still debating between Alberta and BC. Are Canadians (me) eligible for Alberta Healthcare immediately upon returning to Canada? Or do I still need to get my own insurance for 3 months? And will my husband be eligible as soon as we arrive in Canada? We're not sure if he's going to be on a visitors visa, IEC, or PR by the time we arrive. If he's on an IEC, one of the requirements is that he shows proof of 12 months of health insurance, so if he arrives with me, is this not necessary?
http://www.health.alberta.ca/AHCIP/registration-requirements.html. That link doesn't say anything about 3 months but you will need something with your name on it with an Alberta Address.

As for the IEC, my husband is also on this. Technically he does need insurance. Many people are not asked for it. My husband is on his 2nd IEC visa and we thought for sure when he flagpoled they wouldn't ask for it... They did. Even though he had Alberta healthcare, his own employer benefits and was on my school benefits. So at the border he had to use his phone to purchase a policy online.

Luckily he bought it, showed the visa officer the email and was let through with his new work permit. The lucky part is the next day this insurance company phoned him because their servers somehow noticed he was using a Canadian IP address when he purchased the policy. Many insurance companies won't cover you once you have already left to travel, so they denied him coverage and refunded out money. Which was perfect for us!