+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
What the **** are London playing at? So many faulty COPRs coming out of that visa office.
So glad you are finally through the ordeal SM. An uncharacteristic "Yay!" from me. (Being British 'n all).

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
zardoz said:
What the **** are London playing at? So many faulty COPRs coming out of that visa office.
I know right?! I said the same thing!

zardoz said:
So glad you are finally through the ordeal SM. An uncharacteristic "Yay!" from me. (Being British 'n all).
Why Thank you, much appreciated..x

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Congrats SM. I've been quietly checking up on the forum since I landed myself to see how things were going for you. I'm so glad your nightmare's over.

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
scottishmaple said:
So I have finally LANDED!!

Just want to give a brief summary of our experience for future reference for other members of the forum.

Our COPR was sent to my old address, despite me updating mailing address 3 months ago via London and Ecas but that didn't matter, luckily it was still within my 3 months of royal mail redirection and was delivered to my parents house. It took about 10 days from official DM on COPR (23rd October) to the COPR being delivered. It then took an additional week for it to arrive in Canada from my parents house.

There were mistakes on the COPR they had my 7 year old down as Married and that her country of Residence was England, both wrong. I called CIC in canada and they advised to send the COPR back to London to be sorted. I really didn't want to do this as it would be delayed even more. I was given advice from another forum that the border officers could change the information as long as the name, dob and passport number were correct. So we decided to take the chance and go a day trip to Maine.

We went through the St Stephen Border. The USA officers were extremely nice and as UK citizen we were required to get out of the car and go inside to fill out 2 green forms and pay $12 dollars US which we were not expecting and didnt have on us, however they were able to take our VISA debit and we were then on our way.

It took us about another 2 hours to drive from the border to Bangor, we did some shopping and OMG the prices of things compared to Canada are awesome, we will definately be back to do Christmas Shopping there next year.

We drove back to Canada and when we got to the Border we requested to Land as PR, the staff there were also friendly and efficient. They took our COPRs, amended my childs wrong details, asked me to read over it and sign both copies of forms. The Officer also signed the COPR, stamped our passports and wrote numbers in them.

It was probably the best day I have had in a long time, everything just went so smoothly.
congrats Scottish Mapple and thanks a lot for your encouragement and good luck in everything you do.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
Congratulations scottishmaple!!! I'm so pleased that it's all finally over!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Yay!! Congrats SM. What good news to start my morning. :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scottishmaple said:

It was probably the best day I have had in a long time, everything just went so smoothly.
Congrats, glad to see it all went well, and welcome to Canada :)

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
CDAN said:
We got the email yesterday and interview nov 20 so just over 2 weeks
Good luck CDAN! Let us know how it went!

CanK

Jul 13, 2012
scottishmaple said:

Just want to give a brief summary of our experience for future reference for other members of the forum.

Our COPR was sent to my old address, despite me updating mailing address 3 months ago via London and Ecas but that didn't matter, luckily it was still within my 3 months of royal mail redirection and was delivered to my parents house. It took about 10 days from official DM on COPR (23rd October) to the COPR being delivered. It then took an additional week for it to arrive in Canada from my parents house.
Yikes, This scares me. I've been waiting for my husbands COPR to arrive. I also updated our address about 4 months ago and this makes me worry it went to the wrong address.

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Well bugger me sideways!

I have just had to sign for a special brown evelope!

Finally... after 2.2yrs of sitting on my hole here in Canada unable to work & logging onto ECAS every 12mins, Mr Postman has dropped off my Confirmation of Perm Residence!

So a trip to the boarder is on the cards - shame its thanksgiving/black friday in yank land this weekend (i believe) so may be a long wait getting across.

Can someone just tell me what i need to bring with me? - dont trust any paperwork from immigration anymore.
I guess its just my UK Passport and the Confirmation of permanent Residence (to be signed)?

Also, can i go alone or does the Mrs need to come with me?
Scottish Maple Mentioned that there was a 12 dollar charge? is that for deff? & Congrats to you as well, great news! ;)

Thanks for any help!
And good luck to all others waiting... Enjoy ECAS and do yourself a favour... make a rule of checking once in the morn and once at nite only! Otherwise the crazies kick in ;)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Needhelpplease said:
*censored word*e... 4got one more thing.

Where does the PR come from? Post or do they do this at the boarder?

Cheers again all...
Congrats! :)

at the border you need: your passport, and the COPR. just make sure that they sign your COPR (not difficult) but also put a stamp on your passport and they write the COPR number in it - with that in hand, you can go to Service Canada and get a SIN the same day if you want!
The PR card comes in the mail, about 1 month from now, the time goes up and down (another CIC website to look at!) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp it's currently 38 days, but it can go up to 2 months quickly ( but well, the PR card is less crucial as you can work and register for lots of things without that).

for the $12 fee - depends on your passport apparently. That's to get into the US.... I didn't have to pay anything, but I don't have a british passport, so I don't know.
Good luck!
Sweden

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Thanks Sweden! Perfect as per norm ;)

Oh well... maybe checking another website will stop me getting cold turkey from the ECAS one ;)

Thanks again! And thanks to this website, been so much help!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I wonder if the $12 fee was because SM crossed the border rather than just going for the administrative refusal?

jkgtr

Star Member
Oct 13, 2013
Belfast
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/12/2013
AOR Received.
29/01/2014
File Transfer...
29/01/2014
Med's Done....
18/10/2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
no
VISA ISSUED...
15/7/2014
LANDED..........
5/08/2014
I have a question here, hope someone has got experiance of the situation.

posted a while back that myself and my wife who is a Canadian Student ( living with me in the UK for the entire relationship ) are applying through spousal sponsorship. Our application is now complete and ready to go.

However we are now in the position where I am getting offered jobs in Canada, So my question is if we send of the family application ( which we have marked for London office) and say for example we both get jobs in January, do we need to inform them to change to an office in Canada or anyhting else or just let the application run its course?

thanks in advance folks

John