+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
Needhelpplease said:
Moooning all,

Ralphstars - Emedical is a new thing that the doc's use now-a-day.
Basically means that your medical information is in 'Electronic format'. So instead of sending you results/info in the post to Missisaga then London. It is available to them 'on screen' saving potentially weeks of time in the process.

I think most if not all immigration doctors use this process now - you may want to check with your Doc beforehand though.

B

Lee.
Many thanks - I must have had mine done that way - just didn't realise that's what it was called ! ::)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
I have been trying to get through to the call centre for a couple of days now to see what the wait time for an appointment is at our local CIC office and I am having trouble getting through. I was wondering if anyone else was having problems?

Perhaps I am choosing the wrong number options (I have been choosing Permanent Resident in progress option). Perhaps I should be choosing Border Services? I doesn't give you an option for 'Make an Appoitment'...lol

Does anyone know if these appointments are only during the week? If so, then there is no point in me trying to get through as my husband can't get any time off at the moment to take us and we would just head to the border.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

SM..x

mahrukhshoaib

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Sep 2013
Doc's Request.
30 April 2014
AOR Received.
8 Oct 2013
File Transfer...
24 Oct 2013
Med's Request
3 Sep 2014
Med's Done....
11 Sep 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1&2- 20 Oct 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18 Nov 2014
LANDED..........
28 Nov 2014 ALHAMDOLILLAH
Hi All,
Do we get a confirmation or acknowledgement email once our file is transferred from Mississauga to London visa office?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
mahrukhshoaib said:
Hi All,
Do we get a confirmation or acknowledgement email once our file is transferred from Mississauga to London visa office?
No :D

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
scottishmaple said:
I have been trying to get through to the call centre for a couple of days now to see what the wait time for an appointment is at our local CIC office and I am having trouble getting through. I was wondering if anyone else was having problems?

Perhaps I am choosing the wrong number options (I have been choosing Permanent Resident in progress option). Perhaps I should be choosing Border Services? I doesn't give you an option for 'Make an Appoitment'...lol

Does anyone know if these appointments are only during the week? If so, then there is no point in me trying to get through as my husband can't get any time off at the moment to take us and we would just head to the border.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

SM..x
We had a lot of issues with the call centre last week, it often just cut out before the connection with an agent after going through the same number options that you are. I finally just kept pressing '0' at various stages in the menu and got connected. We called to make an appointment with the Calgary CIC, and the process seems to be that you call the call centre and request a landing interview, and they will send you a letter 'inviting' you to come and see them in a few weeks (or months, or days, depending on the office) - they wouldn't tell us over the phone what sort of timeframe we would be looking at. We haven't got our letter yet, but I am going to take a guess that these are only open on weekdays, as most CIC related things are.
Not sure if this was what you were asking, but hopefully it was mildly helpful.

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
mahrukhshoaib said:
Hi All,
When you are notified of sponsor approval (Stage 1), they send it to London right after that.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Thread was in the second page, I just had to post to put it back on the first one again :) hope everybody is doing well!
Sweden

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
ghunter said:
We had a lot of issues with the call centre last week, it often just cut out before the connection with an agent after going through the same number options that you are. I finally just kept pressing '0' at various stages in the menu and got connected. We called to make an appointment with the Calgary CIC, and the process seems to be that you call the call centre and request a landing interview, and they will send you a letter 'inviting' you to come and see them in a few weeks (or months, or days, depending on the office) - they wouldn't tell us over the phone what sort of timeframe we would be looking at. We haven't got our letter yet, but I am going to take a guess that these are only open on weekdays, as most CIC related things are.
Not sure if this was what you were asking, but hopefully it was mildly helpful.
Yes, this is the kind of information I was looking for.

Thank you.

x

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
scottishmaple said:
Yes, this is the kind of information I was looking for.

Thank you.

x
so... any idea when you will be landing :) ?

shahrooz

Nov 14, 2013
Hi,
This is my first post. I am a Pakistani living and working in London on a PSW visa. Got married last year. My wife is Canadian and we applied for spouse visa on 23rd of January 2013. Application received on 18th Feb, File transferred to London office on 31st July and since then it is in process. The processing time is almost over but there is no reply from the visa office :(
The main problem is that my visa is expiring on the 8th of December 2013. And I dont know what is going to happen to my application if i cannot renew my visa. If I go to Pakistan, will the processing continue from london? I have tried contacting the office but there is no response regarding my application.
PLZZZZZZZZZZ help me as my visa is very near to expiration and it will be a very big blow if i have to go back. What should be the proper coarse of action for me now. As I am really worried and stressed because of all this and don't know what to do. :(
Do reply.
Shahrooz

babydart

Apr 22, 2010
Hi ,

I see most of the time line says
Passport request :exempt

Can someone explain what it means ,how can u enter canda with out visa in ur passport

Thank you

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
babydart said:
Hi ,
I see most of the time line says
Passport request :exempt
Can someone explain what it means ,how can u enter canda with out visa in ur passport
Thank you
Most of the European countries have an agreement with Canada, their citizens do not require a visa before entering Canada. They are given a tourist visa at the port of entry (stamp in the passport, can be good up to 6 months). So for those applicants (the majority of applicants going through London are visa-exempt), they don't need to send their passport in. Once London is ready to issue their Confirmation of PR (COPR), they just send it to their home address, and the applicant can go to Canada and become a PR - no need to issue a specific visa in the passport.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
shahrooz said:
Hi,
This is my first post. I am a Pakistani living and working in London on a PSW visa. Got married last year. My wife is Canadian and we applied for spouse visa on 23rd of January 2013. Application received on 18th Feb, File transferred to London office on 31st July and since then it is in process. The processing time is almost over but there is no reply from the visa office :(
The main problem is that my visa is expiring on the 8th of December 2013. And I dont know what is going to happen to my application if i cannot renew my visa. If I go to Pakistan, will the processing continue from london? I have tried contacting the office but there is no response regarding my application.
PLZZZZZZZZZZ help me as my visa is very near to expiration and it will be a very big blow if i have to go back. What should be the proper coarse of action for me now. As I am really worried and stressed because of all this and don't know what to do. :(
Do reply.
Shahrooz
the 10 months for London VO start then the file is transferred, so for you it starts at the end of July - you're not quite done yet for the processing time, unfortunately. Most applicants from non-visa-exempt countries tend to wait longer, presumably because of the background checks. You can check in my signature the timeline for London, and you will see the non-visa-exempt applications noted.
If your visa can not be renewed/extended, your application can still stay in London, but you need to inform them that you are no longer living in the UK, and back in Pakistan. When they are done with the process, they will contact you to submit your passport. I'm not sure how you can send your passport from Pakistan to London and back, as for some nationalities it is illegal to send passport overseas. (so you might have to send it with a friend traveling etc.).

For now, there is not much to do. Your visa expiring will not make London move faster, so for now, you just have to wait until you hear back from them.

Last year one applicant was in a similar situation and had to go back to Pakistan, and I think he got his passport stamped at the Embassy in Islamabad, but I'm not entirely sure of the process. If you have to leave the UK before you hear back from them, make sure that you let them know about your new address in Pakistan, and you can look at the situation from there.

Good luck,
Sweden

shahrooz

Nov 14, 2013
Ohhhhhhhh...
Well thanks alot for your reply. Just one more thing to clear up. As my sponsor was approved on 18th February, 2013 and I got a letter from CIC that my file has been sent to London for further processing. after that it was updated on my application status on 31st July that London office has started working on it. So does that mean it took more than 5 months just to transfer the file to London??? and those 5 months are wasted because according to CIC they send the file in February. as you said that it takes longer to process the application for the visa exepmt cases.
I will try to reneew my visa because I have seend your timeline and most of the visa exempt cases are taking more than 12 months anyway :(
Thanks

babydart

Apr 22, 2010
Sweden said:
Most of the European countries have an agreement with Canada, their citizens do not require a visa before entering Canada. They are given a tourist visa at the port of entry (stamp in the passport, can be good up to 6 months). So for those applicants (the majority of applicants going through London are visa-exempt), they don't need to send their passport in. Once London is ready to issue their Confirmation of PR (COPR), they just send it to their home address, and the applicant can go to Canada and become a PR - no need to issue a specific visa in the passport.
Thanks ,fast replay