+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
scottishmaple said:
Our COPR was sent to the wrong address, fortunately I had arranged for redirection to my parents house. So all good news and we can finally start to make plans. We really want to go to the border to land despite the trouble that ghunter is having, we would like to take the risk and hope that CIC hasn't done the same to us.

Rather than going through all the posts on Landing on the thread could someone summarise what we need to make sure is done. Do I need to get the stamp signed or something so that I can apply for my SIN number right away?

I have a million and one things going through my mind right now....
Woohoo! I knew it would all work out. You are so deserving of this.

As far as I know, you just need to take your CoPR and your passport with you. Make sure you get them to write your CoPR number under the stamp. Zardoz said he remembered reading somewhere that others have run into trouble if this wasn't done. Zardoz is landing on Saturday, so I'm sure he'll come back with his experience. Happy times!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scottishmaple said:
Our COPR was sent to the wrong address, fortunately I had arranged for redirection to my parents house. So all good news and we can finally start to make plans. We really want to go to the border to land despite the trouble that ghunter is having, we would like to take the risk and hope that CIC hasn't done the same to us.

Rather than going through all the posts on Landing on the thread could someone summarise what we need to make sure is done. Do I need to get the stamp signed or something so that I can apply for my SIN number right away?

I have a million and one things going through my mind right now....
Indeed - stamp and number written on the passport is the most important part, as well as signing the COPR in front of the officer :) with the signed COPR + stamp in the passport, you can go to any Service Canada and get your SIN issued. The SIN card (provided they still send one, I heard something about not sending them anymore) arrives within 10 days, but the SIN itself is valid right away and they'll give you a paper about it.

At the border, if you're importing anything, make sure that you have the B4 filled out (even for goods to follow later on) in advance, it saves time. If everything you have is already in Canada, then no need to fill out anything.

At last you'll be landing!! very happy for you SM, you've been here way tooooo long ( not that I complain, your company is nice!).
Best of luck!
Sweden

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Sweden said:
Indeed - stamp and number written on the passport is the most important part, as well as signing the COPR in front of the officer :) with the signed COPR + stamp in the passport, you can go to any Service Canada and get your SIN issued. The SIN card (provided they still send one, I heard something about not sending them anymore) arrives within 10 days, but the SIN itself is valid right away and they'll give you a paper about it.
Yep, they still send them out :) It's nice to have a number beginning with a 5 instead of a 9!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Thank you for the advice. We are in two minds now whether to go to the border or try and get an appointment at a visa office. My hubby is afraid that there will be issues at the border and I wont get back in.

Our COPR should be here in about 4 days or so depending on how the holiday on Monday affects the postal service. So if we do go to the border it will probably be next friday.

SM..x

Sweden said:

At the border, if you're importing anything, make sure that you have the B4 filled out (even for goods to follow later on) in advance, it saves time. If everything you have is already in Canada, then no need to fill out anything.

At last you'll be landing!! very happy for you SM, you've been here way tooooo long ( not that I complain, your company is nice!).
Best of luck!
Sweden
markstimson said:
Yep, they still send them out :) It's nice to have a number beginning with a 5 instead of a 9!
Eowyn said:
Woohoo! I knew it would all work out. You are so deserving of this.

As far as I know, you just need to take your CoPR and your passport with you. Make sure you get them to write your CoPR number under the stamp. Zardoz said he remembered reading somewhere that others have run into trouble if this wasn't done. Zardoz is landing on Saturday, so I'm sure he'll come back with his experience. Happy times!!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
We attempted to land again this morning and were once again rejected. After contacting London they told us that they will have to reissue the COPR as there is an issue with its barcode. I guess another few weeks till we are done.
If it helps our border guard today said it's about 1/1000 who have issues landing like this, so odds are good for the rest of you!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ghunter said:
We attempted to land again this morning and were once again rejected. After contacting London they told us that they will have to reissue the COPR as there is an issue with its barcode. I guess another few weeks till we are done.
If it helps our border guard today said it's about 1/1000 who have issues landing like this, so odds are good for the rest of you!
sorry to hear that - that's so frustrating!!!! hope London re-issues the COPR really quickly!!
scottishmaple said:
Thank you for the advice. We are in two minds now whether to go to the border or try and get an appointment at a visa office. My hubby is afraid that there will be issues at the border and I wont get back in.

Our COPR should be here in about 4 days or so depending on how the holiday on Monday affects the postal service. So if we do go to the border it will probably be next friday.

SM..x
depending on where you live, it could be 3 months to get an appointment at a CIC office, so you can always give them a call and check what their waiting time is, and take it from there....
I really don't think that you would have to worry - if anything, it would be like ghunter - and allowed back into the country. I don't see how a border officer would deny re-entry to a visa-exempt passport holder, with a valid COPR in hand, and a canadian spouse in tow... very unlikely. Either your COPR is valid, you land in 10min and enter back as a PR, or your COPR has an issue (very unlikely, as ghunter has said, 1/1000), and they will let you back in on a tourist visa.

Sweden

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
What are the odds that 999 people have recently landed without problems at YYZ?
Currently sitting in LGW waiting for my flight...

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
zardoz said:
Hahaha!! I'm sure you'll be fine! Happy landing xx

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
zardoz said:
good luck :) keeping fingers crossed for you, but I'm sure you'll be fine :) and welcome to Canada :)
Sweden

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It seems that only 998 had landed before me. The queue at Immigration was very long but I landed successfully. Thanks for all the support.
If the spreadsheet manager could do the honours please?

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
zardoz said:
It seems that only 998 had landed before me. The queue at Immigration was very long but I landed successfully. Thanks for all the support.
Hooray! Congratulations and welcome to Canada!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
zardoz said:
I've added a note :) on the spreadsheet with your landing date, but you were already green with DM... :)
Welcome to Canada! glad to hear it all went well!
Sweden

rhoboat

Oct 19, 2013
I checked my application status yesterday.... no change.
On a whim I checked this morning.... In process! (dances round the living room)

Started processing the application on November 6 2013.
Medical results have been received.

:D

Please could somebody update the spreadsheet?

castleseng

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
23-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
Hey all,
Anyone who has received their CoPR and has it sent to their Canadian address give me an approximate time as to how long it took at arrive, the visa office has told me they sent it on the 15th Oct and have still not received anything, im thinking it may be time to follow up on it?