+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
CDAN said:
Finally got our appt.. for interview in London! Common-law! Now lets hope for some more good news to follow.
How much notice did they give you for your appointment?

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Eowyn said:
This scares me too. Zardoz is landing this coming Saturday and I'll be sitting in the UK waiting to get his call. I assume that as someone with a British passport is visa exempt, they will just let him in as a visitor until he can speak to the London office on Monday. He can then flagpole at a US border crossing later in the week. Fingers crossed that he sails through without a hitch.
Apparently the whole "speaking to the London Office on Monday" option doesn't exist. I emailed and phoned them and have had no contact back. We emailed them on Friday right after we left the border, and phoned them first thing Monday morning for them, where they instructed us to leave a message on a voicemail. Still no reply now with the London offices closed for the day again.

I have contacted my MP, because I feel like my emails and phone calls are just being ignored, and we are stuck in this limbo (so close but sooo far to the end of the process apparently).

It is frustrating because it seems like such a simple fix, but they don't seem to be bothered in fixing their mistakes in any timely manner.

(sorry for the rant).

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ghunter said:
Apparently the whole "speaking to the London Office on Monday" option doesn't exist. I emailed and phoned them and have had no contact back. We emailed them on Friday right after we left the border, and phoned them first thing Monday morning for them, where they instructed us to leave a message on a voicemail. Still no reply now with the London offices closed for the day again.

I have contacted my MP, because I feel like my emails and phone calls are just being ignored, and we are stuck in this limbo (so close but sooo far to the end of the process apparently).

It is frustrating because it seems like such a simple fix, but they don't seem to be bothered in fixing their mistakes in any timely manner.

(sorry for the rant).
Your rant is justified.. Given what they managed to screw up on my COPR, I'm right behind you...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
ghunter said:

(sorry for the rant).
Bash this email gordon.campbell@international.gc.ca and every other email address you can find on the website until someone pays attention.

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Okay, this is very much a frustration post, but what is going on?

My husband and I sent off our application in June, and I know our case does not compare at all to so many who have been waiting even longer, but this is just so frustrating! How can the London VO be making decisions on July-Sept cases, when there are so many from March-June that haven't been looked at yet? Could this be related to the strike? Possibly the March-June applications being caught in the mix-up of the strike? I'm sorry for whining when I am even supposed to expect up to a 10 month wait, but the separation anxiety is killing me!

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
Been following the thread about interviews and just wondering if anyone can advise me please :)

I have been married to my Canadian husband for almost 16 months ( since 7/2012 ) ( together for almost 27 months since 8/2011 ) - on 30/1/13 he returned to Canada for employment reasons 6 months after we married -following a 6m period of unemployment in the UK we decided he would have more chance of finding work back in Canada - hence fate took over and we now plan to live together with my youngest son in Canada (the consent duly signed by ex-husband) my eldest non-accompanying son has been declared and medically examined but is remaining in the UK with my ex-husband for schooling reasons.

When he left the UK (30/1/13) my husband and I had been living together for 11 months ( ie since 1/3/12)

We got his SA approval for my spousal PR 5/9/13 so we are now one of many couples in the waiting game ???
Obviously we submitted a thick file of evidence of our continuing and genuine relationship and I am aware that as there are children involved we will not be included in the "fast and clear-cut" pile !

Can anyone advise if we are likely to be called for interview based on only living together for 11m ? ? Thanks

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ralphstars said:
Can anyone advise if we are likely to be called for interview based on only living together for 11m ? ? Thanks
Why applicants are called for interview is unpredictable - it is usually because there is some problem which the VO wants to have cleared up - but with your history I would have thought that an interview would not be requested.

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
wowsers said:
Why applicants are called for interview is unpredictable - it is usually because there is some problem which the VO wants to have cleared up - but with your history I would have thought that an interview would not be requested.
Many thanks for your reply - like many I am over anxious and over thinking the whole process - from what I can gather it would be doubt about the relationship of a married couple being genuine,rather than the CL rule of needing to have co-habited for more than 12 months, that might lead to an interview :)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
wowsers said:
+1

I just want to add that the interview may not be in regards to the genuineness of your relationship, it maybe for a another reason. Like Wowsers said the VO just wants to clear something up.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
CDAN said:
We got the email yesterday and interview nov 20 so just over 2 weeks
Wow, thats not much notice...

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Our COPR was sent to the wrong address, fortunately I had arranged for redirection to my parents house. So all good news and we can finally start to make plans. We really want to go to the border to land despite the trouble that ghunter is having, we would like to take the risk and hope that CIC hasn't done the same to us.

Rather than going through all the posts on Landing on the thread could someone summarise what we need to make sure is done. Do I need to get the stamp signed or something so that I can apply for my SIN number right away?

I have a million and one things going through my mind right now....

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
scottishmaple said:
Wow, thats not much notice...
Your right it's not much time but that's ok, we don't mind. We knew about 3.5 weeks ago we would be going so we got things ready then. Guess our gmcs notes won't be in by then. Still trying to figure out why it is needed.

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
scottishmaple said:
+1

I just want to add that the interview may not be in regards to the genuineness of your relationship, it maybe for a another reason. Like Wowsers said the VO just wants to clear something up.
Thanks for the added info - I know interviews worry everyone but it's infinitely better than rejection at the first hurdle - at least you get a chance to clarify an issue ! much appreciated folks :)

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
CDAN said:
Your right it's not much time but that's ok, we don't mind. We knew about 3.5 weeks ago we would be going so we got things ready then. Guess our gmcs notes won't be in by then. Still trying to figure out why it is needed.
I wish you luck CDAN and hope what ever they present you with you come out smiling .... I know how I would be feeling :eek: The things we do for love eh !