+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
My partner received his COPR today and I was hoping to post a nice and lovely landing story on here tonight, but unfortunately that is not the case.

We arrived at the border COPR in hand after a 4 hour drive, and after waiting for about 15 minutes the border officer called us up and informed us that he had bad news. He was unable to complete my partners landing because the London office had neglected to update the electronic portion of the application.

So now we are left to wait until London goes back to work and essentially presses a button., and then so this 8 hour round trip all over again.

This has been the most unimaginably frustrating evening. Perhaps with London flying through so many applications so quickly isn't such a good thing, with mistakes being made.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
ghunter said:
My partner received his COPR today and I was hoping to post a nice and lovely landing story on here tonight, but unfortunately that is not the case.

We arrived at the border COPR in hand after a 4 hour drive, and after waiting for about 15 minutes the border officer called us up and informed us that he had bad news. He was unable to complete my partners landing because the London office had neglected to update the electronic portion of the application.

So now we are left to wait until London goes back to work and essentially presses a button., and then so this 8 hour round trip all over again.

This has been the most unimaginably frustrating evening. Perhaps with London flying through so many applications so quickly isn't such a good thing, with mistakes being made.
Sorry to hear that, so frustrating. I hope they fix it soon.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
samarah.arafat said:
Hi everyone! Was just wondering if anybody with experience in this matter might be able to help in this regard:

My husband is actually not a British national, and was required to get a police clearance certificate from his country to submit with our application. As it seems that his PCC for the UK will also be expiring, does anybody have any idea if CIC will request a new PCC from both the UK and his home country?

Thank you in advance! All the best to all applicants :)
I imagine they will if it has been over a year. Over the last few weeks alot of applications which have taken 12 months or more have been requested updated polices checks from london.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
AlanJB27 said:
Best news I've heard all week!! Congrats SM.. It's about time.. And you beat me after all..
So so chuffed for you..
Thank you Alan.

Have you still not changed to DM on Ecas?

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
james_baxter said:
You can add me to the sheet as well, Missisauga received my application Nov 29th.
November 2012? or have you made a typo?

AlanJB27

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2012
AOR Received.
24 September 2012
File Transfer...
27 September 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
10 October 2013 (Received 26 October 2013)
scottishmaple said:
Thank you Alan.

Have you still not changed to DM on Ecas?
Changed on the 10th I think..
Paperwork received on the 26th..

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
Congratulations SM!!!!!!! :)
I'm so happy for you, you've been so patient and had to wait so long!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
m_and_m said:
Congratulations SM!!!!!!! :)
I'm so happy for you, you've been so patient and had to wait so long!
Thank you! I am having anxiety waiting for this letter to turn up (that is if they have updated my records as requested and sent it to the correct address). I know everyone expects it to be good news, but I have my doubts as I also expected to have my application completed in 6 months (original average) and we all know how that turned out...lol,

Anyway, thanks again for the positive feedback and support..x

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
scottishmaple said:
Thank you! I am having anxiety waiting for this letter to turn up (that is if they have updated my records as requested and sent it to the correct address). I know everyone expects it to be good news, but I have my doubts as I also expected to have my application completed in 6 months (original average) and we all know how that turned out...lol,

Anyway, thanks again for the positive feedback and support..x
Don't worry, scottishmaple. It will be good news. You would have been given some sort of warning if it were bad news. They would have asked for an interview and I'm sure they would not have bothered to ask for a new police certificate so close to their decision. But I do know exactly how you feel. Until you have the CoPR physically in your hands, it's easy to let your mind think the worst. Sending happy thoughts and hugs your way. You're almost there!!

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
ghunter said:

That's disgraceful! What if this happens when I fly over (on a saturday). Are the going to deport me? Or lock me up until Monday morning? You really have to wonder what CIC are playing at sometimes.

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Nocsy said:
That's disgraceful! What if this happens when I fly over (on a saturday). Are the going to deport me? Or lock me up until Monday morning? You really have to wonder what CIC are playing at sometimes.
This scares me too. Zardoz is landing this coming Saturday and I'll be sitting in the UK waiting to get his call. I assume that as someone with a British passport is visa exempt, they will just let him in as a visitor until he can speak to the London office on Monday. He can then flagpole at a US border crossing later in the week. Fingers crossed that he sails through without a hitch.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Nocsy said:
They let my partner back in on a visitor visa until we get this sorted out. I called the London office yesterday, as well as emailed them, and they informed me that this was not 'urgent' and to leave them a voice mail and they would deal with it. Great help there. I am going to have to harass them a bit to get them to deal with it. While it is not urgent to them, it very much is for me.

I have scoured these forums and have never heard of this happening before (although our border officer said he had seen it a few times - I think he was just trying to make us feel better), so I wouldn't be too worried. It was unfortunate that it was a weekend, as I am sure if the border guards had called them they would have dealt with it in a more timely manner.

Good luck with your landing, I am sure it will go smoothly!!

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Finally got our appt.. for interview in London! Common-law! Now lets hope for some more good news to follow.