+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
markstimson said:
Not a problem at all. Just advise the border officer of your correct current address so they send your PR card to the right place. We had a similar issue with an old address being listed because we moved just after they posted the COPR, and he just crossed it off and wrote the new one in.

You will note that your passport number is on the COPR so that's piece of mind to prove you are the person on the form!
Thats put my mind at rest. I didn't think it would be a problem, but you never know. All the major details which they state you should check are correct. Thanks for the response Mark.

Oct 24, 2013
Got my COPR through the post today also!!, flight will be booked for 2nd Dec
COPR took 10 days to come after decision made, finally no more tearful goodbyes to my wife at Pearson!!

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Dm made since october 15 and still no sign of copr yet and received a letter that copr will be sent as from next week and I emailed to know which date the copr was sent received a response that it was sent on october 15 from london office still waiting for the copr in the mail so that my husband can book his flight and resign from work ....still a lot of stress waiting for copr doubt if it has been lost in the post?

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
londongurl said:
Dm made since october 15 and still no sign of copr yet and received a letter that copr will be sent as from next week and I emailed to know which date the copr was sent received a response that it was sent on october 15 from london office still waiting for the copr in the mail so that my husband can book his flight and resign from work ....still a lot of stress waiting for copr doubt if it has been lost in the post?
Is it being sent to a UK address? Mine was posted on 25th Oct and arrived yesterday. It is sent via Royal Mail Signed For so they will be able to track it

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
Any ideas on how long London takes to send out the COPR to Canada after sending in the copy of passport?

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Nocsy said:
Is it being sent to a UK address? Mine was posted on 25th Oct and arrived yesterday. It is sent via Royal Mail Signed For so they will be able to track it
yea it is been sent to UK address.My husband went to london office and inquire ,he was told it was only posted on the 29th october and it was sent by registered mail and he provided us the tracking number unfortunately the handwritten is not readable Lol....hopefully we get it soon and good luck peeps and thank you all for your encouragement its been a long wait and my husband is planning to land before christmas ....so that we can celebrate this end of year together and the begining of 214 together and everything together

AlanJB27

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2012
AOR Received.
24 September 2012
File Transfer...
27 September 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
10 October 2013 (Received 26 October 2013)
scottishmaple said:
DECISION MADE!!!!!!!! (Checked today)

just hope its a good one ::)

thanks to everyone for there support over the last year

Best news I've heard all week!! Congrats SM.. It's about time.. And you beat me after all..
So so chuffed for you..

Aldagr813

Jan 2, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats to all who have gotten a DM :)

hi Dubrider.....I am also interested in this info. How long does it take from the time they have the passport in their hand to a DM. Please let me know if you have any inputs on this matter. Would you follow up with London at this stage to confirm the passport has been received. Thanks.

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Afternoon All,

Is there a specific order that your appliction is looked at/reviewed?

Eg - Do they Review medicals 1st then Police/background check next then pass to another dept for relationship proof etc? or is there no set order?

A few months ago i was asked to pay for the final payment/remainder of my application, now they are asking me to re-do me medical (booked in for tomorrow) as mine expired 4wks ago, whats next??? Am i going to be asked to re-do a police check again?

Just dying to know if im near the end or the begining :(

Thanks all & congrats to all the 'Approvals' that seem to be cropping up lately :)

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
Aldagr813 said:
Congrats to all who have gotten a DM :)

hi Dubrider.....I am also interested in this info. How long does it take from the time they have the passport in their hand to a DM. Please let me know if you have any inputs on this matter. Would you follow up with London at this stage to confirm the passport has been received. Thanks.
Hi Aldagr813, I sent my passport the day I received my request and tracked it all the way to london. I then get an email the day after it arrives informing me that they shouldn't have requested my passport, only a copy due to me being visa exempt. I don't know whether they will expedite my process because of the mistake or treat it normally. Just to say that the timeline I have may not be completely accurate

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! Was just wondering if anybody with experience in this matter might be able to help in this regard:

My husband is actually not a British national, and was required to get a police clearance certificate from his country to submit with our application. As it seems that his PCC for the UK will also be expiring, does anybody have any idea if CIC will request a new PCC from both the UK and his home country?

Thank you in advance! All the best to all applicants :)

mbagheri

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Hello Everyone
I have a question I'd appreciate it if you answer it.
I got my Passport request for my Open Work Permit yesterday, and I am not living in England right know, so now just wondering how long does it take Canada embassy return passport? and if I send my passport to someone else to drop it off and pick it up, is it possible and it is not faster than sending by post?

Thanks

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hey all,

So for those in Winnipeg next Summer, you will be able to see a picture of myself and my husband in the Canadian Museum of Human Rights. They have an permanent exhibit of Canada's history of human rights and our photograph is being shown in their same sex marriage exhibit. A delightful piece of news after this year long process.

I hope everyone who is still waiting isn't waiting too much longer.

Good luck!

:)

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
davidmarsden38 said:
Hey all,

So for those in Winnipeg next Summer, you will be able to see a picture of myself and my husband in the Canadian Museum of Human Rights. They have an permanent exhibit of Canada's history of human rights and our photograph is being shown in their same sex marriage exhibit. A delightful piece of news after this year long process.

I hope everyone who is still waiting isn't waiting too much longer.

Good luck!

:)
Congratulations! What an exciting thing to have happen xx