+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

rhoboat

Oct 19, 2013
I been trying to workout difference between processing times. I've seen some comments about complexity of history - so multiple countries or lots of moving around. I was wondering if current situation also plays a part.

Does separation between the spouse/partner play a role? So I'm currently living with my spouse in the UK, and I wonder if those that are separated get some priority?

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
rhoboat said:
I been trying to workout difference between processing times. I've seen some comments about complexity of history - so multiple countries or lots of moving around. I was wondering if current situation also plays a part.

Does separation between the spouse/partner play a role? So I'm currently living with my spouse in the UK, and I wonder if those that are separated get some priority?
No, there definitely isn't any priority for separated couples, some of the stories on here are heartbreaking.
Multiple countries etc probably slows the process because of the number of police checks needed (maybe?!)

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
scottishmaple said:
DECISION MADE!!!!!!!! (Checked today)

just hope its a good one ::)

thanks to everyone for there support over the last year
This is brilliant news. Genuinely made a crap day at work better. Anyone who's read through this London thread will be pleased for you. I feel like I know you a little just from the volume of posts you've written. And you've been supportive to people even when you were going through it as well. Congratulations and good luck.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
itsgonnahappen said:
This is brilliant news. Genuinely made a crap day at work better. Anyone who's read through this London thread will be pleased for you. I feel like I know you a little just from the volume of posts you've written. And you've been supportive to people even when you were going through it as well. Congratulations and good luck.
Eabie said:
YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!

I knew this day would come, lol. I'm nearly as excited for your DM as I was my own, Scottishmaple.
Eowyn said:
I'm so unbelievably happy for you!! I just literally shrieked for joy.
It'll definitely be good news as they've not asked you for an interview.
Big congratulations!!

Thank you everyone!! The forum is a great place for info, support and some good humour!!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scottishmaple said:

Yeahhhh!!! congrats SM, that's great to hear, very happy for you :) it's soon all over!! so very pleased! :)
Sweden

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
scottishmaple said:

YAY SCOTTISHMAPLE!!!! So happy for you! ;D

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Congratulations to ScottishMaple!

Hurrah!

:)

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Well, I landed 10 October in Halifax and it was so very straightforward. Very friendly officers who welcomed me to Canada. I got my NS Health Card next day (printed the card there and then) and have been to Services Canada for my SIN (also got welcomed to Canada). PR card being sent to my in-laws.

Unfortunately, we still have to close things up in the UK, so we will not be moving permanently until after the winter... frustrating as we are both just itching to move.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting... and congratulations Scottish Maple.

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Nocsy said:
Hi, I'm in Cambridge, UK so you would think post would not be a problem.

It's a shame we do not track the time between Decision made and getting COPR on the spreadsheet. By going through the past 3 months of the forum (yes I am that bored waiting!) I can see two people took 7 days, 1 person 8 and 1 person 9 - not sure which country they were in. 8 people have not posted again since declaring Decision made which is a shame
If it helps, I got in progress the first monday, decision made the second monday, and the COPR arrived the third monday.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
canuck_in_uk said:
YAY SCOTTISHMAPLE!!!! So happy for you! ;D
davidmarsden38 said:
Congratulations to ScottishMaple!

Hurrah!

:)
Sweden said:
Yeahhhh!!! congrats SM, that's great to hear, very happy for you :) it's soon all over!! so very pleased! :)
Sweden
Thank you. Everyones support just shows how awesome this wee Thread is!!!!!

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Finally got my COPR in the post today! 20 days after decision made. I'm going to book a flight over to Canada for 30 November and live like a Mountie for the rest of my life!

Documents look in order but does anyone know if it will be a problem that they failed to update my sponsor's address (They have it down as our UK address but she moved to Canada in July - we notified CIC and ECAS was updated with the Canada address)? Just want to make sure nothing could possibly go wrong.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
We received this today after pestering them about what sort of 'decision' it was:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Please be advised that your application has been approved and the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document was sent on 17 October 2013."

So it looks like the document was in the post two days before our DM, which is good, and it seems like the 'decision' was a positive one...

Can't wait to have the COPR document in hand so this all seems more real, congrats Nocsy on getting yours!!

Ralphstars

May 9, 2012
scottishmaple said:

Congratulations - I hope you are enjoying the feeling ! it must have been a long slog watching others come after you and get their COPR so quickly !
I notice that it has taken just over 12 months and was wondering if you are aware of what slowed your process down ? I wonder if having to trawl through 30 years of personal history from age 18 and having consents from my ex-husband for one accompanying dependant child and reviewing the notarised documents showing arrangements for the welfare and guardianship our other non-accompanying dependant child will play a big part in the speed of mine ?

I am applying outland because of my children's schooling here in the Uk but my Canadian husband has already returned to Canada to settle into work etc. I get to visit as finances allow but clearly life apart is very tough ..... it has already been 9 months living apart but now we have sponsorship approval as of 5th September :D - even so the thought of another 12 month wait full of stress and living our lives in limbo is daunting. I believe my application is now complete and we have confirmation from London that all additional documents/medicals and receipts have been attached to my file -including an abundance of evidence of my continuing and genuine relationship ! :-*

I was under the impression that applications were processed in accordance with the date they were received but some are obviously processed out of date order - can I assume that the "quick" ones are thin, complete files of younger applicants with less history to go through ? and the larger files are of older applicants therefore take longer ? who knows ! ::)

Are you able, having been through the longer version of being granted you PR, to shed any light on the process please ? Many thanks - it may help me sit back and relax a little if I know I should expect a realistic timeline based on another members experience .

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Nocsy said:
Finally got my COPR in the post today! 20 days after decision made. I'm going to book a flight over to Canada for 30 November and live like a Mountie for the rest of my life!

Documents look in order but does anyone know if it will be a problem that they failed to update my sponsor's address (They have it down as our UK address but she moved to Canada in July - we notified CIC and ECAS was updated with the Canada address)? Just want to make sure nothing could possibly go wrong.
Not a problem at all. Just advise the border officer of your correct current address so they send your PR card to the right place. We had a similar issue with an old address being listed because we moved just after they posted the COPR, and he just crossed it off and wrote the new one in.

You will note that your passport number is on the COPR so that's piece of mind to prove you are the person on the form!

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
ghunter said:
We received this today after pestering them about what sort of 'decision' it was:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Please be advised that your application has been approved and the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document was sent on 17 October 2013."

So it looks like the document was in the post two days before our DM, which is good, and it seems like the 'decision' was a positive one...

Can't wait to have the COPR document in hand so this all seems more real, congrats Nocsy on getting yours!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!