+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
DGT said:
Goddamit SM! Stop posting things that aren't about you getting your DM! Every time I see your name pop up I get so hopeful! :p

And congrats ghunter!
I had exactly the same thought!!! :)

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Congratulations on all the Decisions made in the last week!

I'm still waiting for something, having had decision made on 9 Oct. 2 weeks tomorrow. I'm going nuts waiting! I work from home which means I run to the door like a dog everytime the post arrives.

This part is more frustration than waiting for in process as I know we are so close.

tdavies

Oct 22, 2013
Must admit I'm getting a little jealous over the August applications that seem to be being rushed through by CIC. Apparently if I'd sent off my application 2 months later I would have it by now! Which really makes no sense, considering the CIC says it processes applications on a first come, first served basis.

My Spousal sponsorship was sent off in June, and the only update I can see on ECAS is from July 27th saying the London office has received my medical. Nothing else. I check ECAS every Tuesday, but nothing changes, and of course because I'm within the CIC's application processing window, they won't respond to any requests for an update.

Should I be worried just yet? The application process seems to have stalled for me, but I've not heard anything at all from the CIC regarding it (after the sponsorship approval letter).

MCARTER82

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
London, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8 2013
AOR Received.
July 26 2013
File Transfer...
August 7 2013
Med's Done....
June 7 2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 20 2014
LANDED..........
February 10 2014
tdavies said:
Must admit I'm getting a little jealous over the August applications that seem to be being rushed through by CIC. Apparently if I'd sent off my application 2 months later I would have it by now! Which really makes no sense, considering the CIC says it processes applications on a first come, first served basis.

My Spousal sponsorship was sent off in June, and the only update I can see on ECAS is from July 27th saying the London office has received my medical. Nothing else. I check ECAS every Tuesday, but nothing changes, and of course because I'm within the CIC's application processing window, they won't respond to any requests for an update.

Should I be worried just yet? The application process seems to have stalled for me, but I've not heard anything at all from the CIC regarding it (after the sponsorship approval letter).
I totally agree. What a ridiculous process. July 8th applicant and not heard a thing. Others after me are completely done. What a joke!

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
tdavies said:

I wouldn't be worried at all if you sent it off in June or July. I send mine off in May and had a decision made 2 weeks ago (but nothing further!) which is what I expected. Fingers crossed it will be before the end of the year.

If you look at the spreadsheet you can see everyone's processing time lines. I think you should try and set your expectations by the averages and not a few isolated cases. Good luck

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvI5l_hMO7UKdHc2LUJuZ2Itcld2Vk1WR25GeVZxYVE#gid=18

tdavies

Oct 22, 2013
I keep a keen eye on the spreadsheets both here and in BritishExpats don't worry. I know to expect something like a 6 month wait at the moment.

Just expressing frustration, I wish ECAS would be updated more often, and with more detail. It'd negate so many people sending requests for info to the CIC.

Of course, if I was one of the isolated cases that took 70 days, I'd be over the moon, but when you consider just what PR entitles you to (for me it's being with my wife again, not having to worry about getting a new visa every year, OHIP, and a pathway to citizenship), 6 months really isn't all that long a wait. The process infuriates me at times, but Canada is worth it. Even if she can be a fickle temptress.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Nocsy said:
Congratulations on all the Decisions made in the last week!

I'm still waiting for something, having had decision made on 9 Oct. 2 weeks tomorrow. I'm going nuts waiting! I work from home which means I run to the door like a dog everytime the post arrives.

This part is more frustration than waiting for in process as I know we are so close.
Hi Nocsy, where are you living?

For people living in Canada, how long did it take to get your COPR?

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
I posted this on the Spousal Sponsorship thread, but then thought maybe there would be a few others here that could better answer my question.

Hello all! I had a question that some of you may be able to answer.

My wife is currently a Permanent Resident in the United Kingdom. She is able to apply for Citizenship in the UK on December 4th. We have our Permanent Resident application for Canada in London and we are waiting patiently for the DM. Anyways, I was wondering if she does get the Citizenship in the UK, does she need to notify CIC of the change from Permanent Resident to Citizen in the UK?

She has spent the required amount of time in the UK and does not want to pass up on the chance to get British Citizenship before moving to Canada. Thanks for any insights.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
castleseng said:
congrats Dave, how you finding it so far? You in downtown or abit further out? I have been in Van for few years, loving it out here!
Hey there,

I live downtown in the West End, but move to Gastown next year when the condo is built. How about you? :)

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a belated request to be added to the London outland spreadsheet. My details are on the May outland spreadsheet but relying on that alone was I think a mistake because that spreadsheet lists members whose applications are being processed at various processing centres all over the world, those centres having different timelines and procedures. In practice I tend to check my application's progress on the London spreadsheet because there I can compare progress with similar cases. The relevant dates are the following: meds done 18 April 2013, application sent to Mississauga 3 May 2013 and delivered there on 6 May 2013, The receipt of the application was acknowledged and sponsorship was approved on 4 July 2013, both on the same day. The delay from 6 May to 4 July arose from my negligent omission to enclose an IMM 5406. Mississauga requested that by email dated 29 May 2013 and I sent it the same day. The application was transferred to London on 4 June 2013. My application has been in process since 21 August. By email dated 5 September 2013 London requested payment of the Right of Permanent Residence fee and that was paid the same day, the receipt being delivered at Mississauga on 10 September. Since then no further progress recorded on Ecas. In particular there has been no acknowledgement of the receipt of the RPR fee.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Heppster said:
I posted this on the Spousal Sponsorship thread, but then thought maybe there would be a few others here that could better answer my question.

Hello all! I had a question that some of you may be able to answer.

My wife is currently a Permanent Resident in the United Kingdom. She is able to apply for Citizenship in the UK on December 4th. We have our Permanent Resident application for Canada in London and we are waiting patiently for the DM. Anyways, I was wondering if she does get the Citizenship in the UK, does she need to notify CIC of the change from Permanent Resident to Citizen in the UK?

She has spent the required amount of time in the UK and does not want to pass up on the chance to get British Citizenship before moving to Canada. Thanks for any insights.
Are you a British citizen?

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
zardoz said:
Are you a British citizen?
No, I am only a Canadian Citizen. My wife is Brazilian, but she has Permanent Resident Status in the UK, and she will apply for British Citizen in December.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Heppster said:
No, I am only a Canadian Citizen. My wife is Brazilian, but she has Permanent Resident Status in the UK, and she will apply for British Citizen in December.
As you are not a British citizen, she cannot apply for citizenship and then leave the UK. Part of the application process requires that she make a formal declaration of her intent to remain in the UK.

(Just for completeness, the legislation is here... http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61/schedule/1?view=plain )

Committing citizenship fraud is likely to show up when CIC do background and security checks with the UK.

castleseng

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
23-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
davidmarsden38 said:
Hey there,

I live downtown in the West End, but move to Gastown next year when the condo is built. How about you? :)
awesome man, very swarve ..im on the outskirts in east van not too far from metrotown. Must admit we both thought about moving into the city not all that easy to get about where we are

Dubrider

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-09-2012
Doc's Request.
09-01-2013
Nomination.....
30-3-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
2-11-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-04-2013
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
Passport Request received today!

I've been an avid follower of this thread because it's one of the few that follows CIC London and it's processing times, and although I am a PNP Skilled worker applicant for Saskatchewan it's still been interesting to see how everybody progresses.

London seems to be handing out COPR to everybody at the moment, maybe they're making up for lost time during the strike. I hope more of you receive notifications soon