+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
scottishmaple said:
How long did you wait between CIC getting your police check and getting the email about their decision?
I waited for a week when i sent an email for inquiry ,they did not reply then my husband decided to go to london visa officeto ask details and he brought the updated police check,the receptionist said they did not receive it then my husband showed him the proof the the letter was signed and received at london office so the receptionist said he will make the necessary then in 3 days we received the email and yesterday it was dm on ecas

castleseng

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
23-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
poppy88 said:
sounds good, ours is similar, i hope, ive been working here for 20 months so far, i wonder, is your partner a citizen or PR, although i guess that would only make the first stage quicker or slower.
i feel i organised my package very well, also. all the documents etc. then the evidence, with a cover sheet and contents page of it all. then we also did a picture timeline with comments to show how our relationship developed then a picture time line from when we became 'common law', we only had 1 notorised letter, but 2 with passport copys, 1 from our bank and the common law declaration notarised.

thanks for the info!
No worries, your application sounds pretty similar to ours, she is a citizen (it could possibly affect it but not by much I would'nt think), are you a UK citizen? Where abouts in Canada you living, how you finding it? =)

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Hi All,

Can anyone help please?

I just got a mail from immigration London with just the following within the mail:

Dear LEE *****,

Please find information concerning your application in the attached document. If you are unable to view the attached document or did not receive a document, please advise us by forwarding this e-mail to www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/contact_visa_contactez.aspx

It contains also an attachment - IMM1017 which is a MEDICAL REPORT CLIENT BIODATA AND SUMMARY
It seems to be just a filled out medical form with my information already entered apart from a cpl of simple 'box tick' questions such as:

PANEL PHYSICIAN DECLARATION
IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAMINATION GRADING

Both questions are basically Does he look ill or not type of things.

Anyone else have this sent to them? Im just a little lost as there are no clear instructions on what they are wanting.
All paperwork was sent at begining of process.

Cheers for your help all....
Lee.

mbagheri

Star Member
Sep 5, 2013
Hi guys
I am not sure you know my answer, but I'd appreciate it if you can five me any information.
I have applied Open Work Permit for my wife July 12, 2013 in London office. They requested my wife's CV September 30, 2013 but from that date no answer from them. In London website it says 8 to 10 weeks but we have passed 15th week.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mbagheri said:
Hi guys
I am not sure you know my answer, but I'd appreciate it if you can five me any information.
I have applied Open Work Permit for my wife July 12, 2013 in London office. They requested my wife's CV September 30, 2013 but from that date no answer from them. In London website it says 8 to 10 weeks but we have passed 15th week.
try in the immigration-foreign worker part of the forum. This one deals with Canadian/PR sponsoring their spouse for PR, and there is no OWP included, so it looks like you're going through a different stream.
Sweden

rhoboat

Oct 19, 2013
I submitted my spousal application back in May 2013. My wife is Canadian, and I'm a Brit.

We've been a bit frustrated with the lack of transparency of the process. Looking around I stumbled on to this forum.

I like the spreadsheets. Any chance I could be added to the London VO one?

2nd May 2013 : application received
23rd May 2013 : Sponsorship approved.

Current residency status : application received.

BTW, feeling very jealous of those already with some progress.

Ta

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
DECISION MADE!! Apparently London now works Saturdays!

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
Hi all,

I hope you are all well.

I flagpoled on the 4th October, which is me landing I guess. In Quebec (Montreal).

I went to Service Canada and swapped my temp SIN for my permanent one within 15 minutes and Health care took maybe an hour (and then the three month wait to come).

Still feels strange not having to worry about my work permit expiring. And being able to look for any job, anywhere.

I had a pretty average application process I think so I'm open to questions if anyone needs my ten cents worth.

Good luck to everyone dealing with this unique passage of life.

Mr.V

Feb 1, 2013
Well, I landed via road at Eastgate, B.C yesterday. No issues at the border, in and out within 30 mins as a fresh resident! can't believe it, but it's a huge relief to be able to make plans now without the huge visa cloud over you.

My app was received 22/2/13 and I landed 18/10/13 so less than 8 months start to finish - not bad!

I'm also open to questions if I can be of help to those still walking the path.

poppy88

Jul 24, 2013
castleseng said:
No worries, your application sounds pretty similar to ours, she is a citizen (it could possibly affect it but not by much I would'nt think), are you a UK citizen? Where abouts in Canada you living, how you finding it? =)
I've been living in Vancouver, definitely prefer to england, though i didn't live in london,

where are you planning to base yourself?

markdr

Sep 4, 2013
I just got my "decision made" so here's my update for the spreadsheet:

Application received: March 27th 2013
Sponsor approval: April 19th 2013
Application in process: October 16th 2013 (although it didn't show up as the status, just when you click on 'decision made')
Decision made: October 19th 2013

castleseng

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
23-08-2013
Med's Done....
08-07-2013
poppy88 said:
I've been living in Vancouver, definitely prefer to england, though i didn't live in london,

where are you planning to base yourself?
Yeah! i'm in Van too, love it out here ..not actually seen many brits out here surprisingly, still havent got off my arse and gone skiing ..haha lazy right!

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
Hello everyone,
I have been doing some research on the forum to see why there are still some people that have yet to have there DM on the Spreadsheet. There are some users that I cannot find on this forum, so they must be on the Britishexpats forum. Anyways, I did come across one, Gary_87.

It turns out that he has withdrawn his application. Would it be possible for someone to remove Gary_87 from the Spreadsheet?

Below is one of his last posts that says that he had decided to withdraw his application.
I see that London has been stepping up their game since PAFSO has got back to work! Good News for us all! Hope to see a few more DMs before Halloween! Congrats to those who have recently received their DM!

Gary_87 said:
After much thinking, deliberating and evaluating, my fiance and I have decided that our lives to not belong in Canada. Our lives belong together no doubt but this is not the right place for us. Come the end of this year, we are leaving on our honeymoon and will not be returning to Canada.

We have decided to withdraw the permanent residency application as it is something I simply wont be needing. We will be moving our lives to Australia (the place that we met) after a year of teaching overseas. More immigration paperwork but we both know that it is the best thing for us.

All the best!

Gary_87

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
markdr said:
I just got my "decision made" so here's my update for the spreadsheet:

Application received: March 27th 2013
Sponsor approval: April 19th 2013
Application in process: October 16th 2013 (although it didn't show up as the status, just when you click on 'decision made')
Decision made: October 19th 2013
Congratulations

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
ghunter said:
DECISION MADE!! Apparently London now works Saturdays!
Congratulations.