+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sctv

Jan 30, 2013
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
My wife received her PR Card yesterday! Finally she can get healthcare and a drivers license. She landed in Canada on July 30th, if that helps.

Best of luck to all of you and thanks for your support.

;D

bmore321

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Canada (TWP)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013 FBI Police Report
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
File Transfer...
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
17-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014 Received COPR 3-5-2014
LANDED..........
19-05-2014
I looked at the status of my application. It says decision made .. what does that mean?

"We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxx on September 24, 2013.

We started processing your application on October 8, 2013.

We sent you a letter on October 8, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
bmore321 said:
I looked at the status of my application. It says decision made .. what does that mean?

"We received your application to sponsor xxxxxxx on September 24, 2013.

We started processing your application on October 8, 2013.

We sent you a letter on October 8, 2013 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."
All it means is that they have made a decision on whether the sponsor is basically eligible or not. The actual "real work" is done by the Visa Office. At this stage, until you receive the letter, you don't know that the sponsor has passed this initial hurdle, but most likely has.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
AlanJB27 said:
Received this email on Friday.. Much closer to the finishing line now I think.. After nearly 14 months..

Good afternoon,

I can confirm receipt of your police certificate. Your application has been approved. It is expected that your Confirmation of Permanent Residence form will be issued within the next 10 working days. You should therefore receive the document shortly.

Kind regards,
CDD
that is awesome news. Congratulations Alan..x

bmore321

Star Member
May 24, 2013
Canada (TWP)
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2013
Doc's Request.
12-12-2013 FBI Police Report
AOR Received.
08-10-2013
File Transfer...
08-10-2013
Med's Done....
17-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014 Received COPR 3-5-2014
LANDED..........
19-05-2014
zardoz said:
All it means is that they have made a decision on whether the sponsor is basically eligible or not. The actual "real work" is done by the Visa Office. At this stage, until you receive the letter, you don't know that the sponsor has passed this initial hurdle, but most likely has.

How come I did not get any email? like SA?

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Help me...
So I had my mp office call today to inquire about our application and apparently they are doing back ground checks. It has also been noted on his file that he is going to be called for an interview. Does anyone know why this is?
What are they going to ask? Totally discouraged now

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
CDAN said:
Help me...
So I had my mp office call today to inquire about our application and apparently they are doing back ground checks. It has also been noted on his file that he is going to be called for an interview. Does anyone know why this is?
Don't be discouraged...and see it as an added opportunity to prove that your relationship is genuine. Most people that had interviews in London got approved, and were told on the spot that the officer was convinced - and that the COPR will be issued soon.
The VO usually asks for an interview if they want to be sure that your relationship is genuine, and not for purpose of immigration.
You can start preparing: if you're not currently living with your spouse, then gather proof of on-going contact (from the time you filed the application until now : Skype log, emails, whatever you use). If you are living together, then get the proofs of that. If you have visited your spouse since you filed your application, then get the proofs of that as well.
Questions they ask: anything that is written on the application. Information about how you met, if your spouse was married previously, make sure that you know why the relationship failed, etc.
There is a list somewhere on the forum about the possible interview questions, try and do a search on the forum.
Good luck,
Sweden

FRT

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
15-06-2013, 21 - 08-2013
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-10-2012
Interview........
21-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soonest by His grace
LANDED..........
Soon by His grace
CDAN said:
Help me...
Don't be discouraged please. Sweden has said it all. Get yourself prepared. Know each other's details very well. Go thru the forms you filled and be calm on the interview day. My hubby was called for interview too in August, we were there together and I was allowed to enter but was asked to excused them after sometime. The interview went on well and it was all about what we filled in our forms, nothing outside.

Hope this helps?

In all, prayer is the key.
FRT.

FRT

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
15-06-2013, 21 - 08-2013
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-10-2012
Interview........
21-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soonest by His grace
LANDED..........
Soon by His grace
Nocsy said:
Our situation is that I am in the UK and my sponsor has been back in Canada since July. She contacted her local MP in Toronto (It has to be a Canadian MP) in August and they had an immigration person who was able to help us (from what I can gather most MP's will have someone in their office working full time on immigration matters).

The MP's office got back to us within the week. They had spoken to the London office and found out that my medical had been requested and file given a bring forward date (we were told this is a date they set against your file, so no files get forgotten about). They said if we had not heard anything a month after the bring forward date we should contact the MP's office and they would make another inquiry. Fortunately we got Decision made before that happened

I had a friend who also got his MP involved and his application was processed in 4 months (this was in 2010 though) so I'm convinced it speeds things up a little. If not, it is just nice to be given some concrete information on the progress of your file.

I don't have the details of who my sponsors MP was or how she contacted them but I assume it's fairly easy to find out who your local MP is on the internet

Hope that helps
Am sorry guys, MP involvement cannot fasten up the application. You are just lucky your processing was faster than others, maybe there is no "but" in your application. I contacted my MP last week and he got in touch with Ottawa/CIC UK, they told him our file is been scheduled for review next week (this week). And it was reviewed.

MP can assist if it has passed the processing time and I think London processing time is 10months. Let just be calm, the waiting period is reducing, we will all get there. Thanks.

Stay blessed,

FRT.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hello all,

Well after a wonderful weekend in Seattle, me and my husband crossed the border and I officially landed as a permanent resident.

With no baggage to declare, it was a simple procedure. The officers on duty all congratulated me and it was all processed in less than 20 minutes.

I am thrilled this is over now and I can start looking into some university courses and beginning things once again.

Good luck to all 2012 applicants still waiting :)

xo

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
I don't get why they want the interview though. We have been together for over 6 years. Sent all proof, pics, travel, letters from family, landlord, joint bank accounts. Could they change their mind as the continue to work onit. Where are London office interviews held?

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
scottishmaple said:
that is awesome news. Congratulations Alan..x
scottishmaple so happy for you by the way I received the same email on friday and positive vibes to all you lovely people ,Im waiting for the copr to be sent from london now so that my husband can be here .any one knows of a good cargo company from london to send stuff and which is cheap

FRT

Nov 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
15-06-2013, 21 - 08-2013
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
31-01-2013
Med's Done....
16-10-2012
Interview........
21-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soonest by His grace
LANDED..........
Soon by His grace
CDAN said:
I don't get why they want the interview though. We have been together for over 6 years. Sent all proof, pics, travel, letters from family, landlord, joint bank accounts. Could they change their mind as the continue to work onit. Where are London office interviews held?
Please, don't get yourself worked up with this interview of a thing. If your relationship is genuine, you don't have to worry at all. Maybe one of you has been in a relationship before, they may want to ask question about that. I was worried too initially but later calm down. Study your forms and make sure both of you are on the same page. Good luck.

Shalom,
FRT.