+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

hudsta

Oct 10, 2013
Hello,

I'm hoping this is the right area/thread to be asking, I'm a newbie ;)

I have Canadian citizenship by descent and have never lived there. My common-law partner and I are confident we will meet all the requirements, but I am completely flummoxed by one section:

I live exclusively outside Canada, and have to provide proof of my intent to live in Canada once my partner had been given his PR. He will probably be given a conditional PR as we've lived together for less than 2 years, which means me living with him when he gets there - no problem!

But, I'm guessing proof of my intent would be in the form of a job offer or rental agreement? The thing is, it could take up to a year for the application to be approved, so renting an apartment so far in advance to tick a box on the application form is crazy. So is applying for a job and expecting them to wait for a year for you.

If my partner is not given a PR, it would be extremely disappointing for us, but I would remain in the UK to be with him, and I would not go to Canada.

What would be considered as proof of intent to live in Canada if the application process time stops your ability to prove your intent in the most obvious ways? I completely understand the need for the question, but I don't know how to prove it :(

Any suggestions or experience with this please? Would be greatly appreciated.

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
hudsta said:
Hello,

I have Canadian citizenship by descent and have never lived there. My common-law partner and I are confident we will meet all the requirements, but I am completely flummoxed by one section:

I live exclusively outside Canada, and have to provide proof of my intent to live in Canada once my partner had been given his PR. He will probably be given a conditional PR as we've lived together for less than 2 years, which means me living with him when he gets there - no problem!

But, I'm guessing proof of my intent would be in the form of a job offer or rental agreement? The thing is, it could take up to a year for the application to be approved, so renting an apartment so far in advance to tick a box on the application form is crazy. So is applying for a job and expecting them to wait for a year for you.

If my partner is not given a PR, it would be extremely disappointing for us, but I would remain in the UK to be with him, and I would not go to Canada.

What would be considered as proof of intent to live in Canada if the application process time stops your ability to prove your intent in the most obvious ways? I completely understand the need for the question, but I don't know how to prove it :(

That's a tough one. My Sponsor had a job offer in Canada so that was our obvious proof. Hopefully someone will have been in a similar situation as you and can advise. Good luck

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Ahhhh! Decision Made!!!!

Just logged into ECAS and states they started to process my file on October 7, 2013, medical results were recieived, and then the line that tipped me over the edge:

'4.A decision has been made on Neil Andrew O'Connor's application. The office will contact Neil Andrew O'Connor concerning this decision.' So I guess the decision was made October 9

So many things going through my head but try to keep calm until its officially confirmed. Please email me soon London!

Heppster

Star Member
Sep 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
26-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
hudsta said:
Hello,

Hello,
I am also a Canadian living in the UK. For proof of return to Canada, I showed them 3 things. I got a job offer from my previous employer. I understand that is out of the question for you. Another thing was my visa expiring here in the UK. Again, this wont work in your case, but... I also asked my aunt and uncle to write a letter stating that they would host us upon arrival in Canada until we are able to find suitable accommodations and start my job.
If you have any friends or family that would be willing to do this for you that would be helpful. Also, if you have had any written communication with anyone over Texts, or email stating your intent to return to Canada this can also be beneficial. You may even apply for jobs, and if you are sent any correspondence from them, you can use this as intent to live in Canada because you are in the process of applying for a job. If you find somewhere that is willing to hold a position for you when you get there even better. If not, the intent is still there by actually looking for work.
Those are the things I think would help you. There may be other ways that others in the forum may know....
Best of luck with your application.
One more thing... Below is a link to some videos by a lawyer that will help you fill in the application forms. Be sure to check them out.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Nocsy said:
Ahhhh! Decision Made!!!!

Just logged into ECAS and states they started to process my file on October 7, 2013, medical results were recieived, and then the line that tipped me over the edge:

'4.A decision has been made on Neil Andrew O'Connor's application. The office will contact Neil Andrew O'Connor concerning this decision.' So I guess the decision was made October 9

So many things going through my head but try to keep calm until its officially confirmed. Please email me soon London!
Congratulations!!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
With all these approvals around when my application was sent, I sent am email off to London inquiring about the status of my application. Disappointingly, I got the exact same generic "your file is awaiting final review by an immigration officer" that I got well over a month ago.

This process is so frustrating sometimes.

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
ghunter said:
With all these approvals around when my application was sent, I sent am email off to London inquiring about the status of my application. Disappointingly, I got the exact same generic "your file is awaiting final review by an immigration officer" that I got well over a month ago.

We have pretty similar timelines so hopefully you are close too. Maybe even in process. Just for reference I have only travelled to Canada and Australia for more than 6 months, which seems to be one of the main things that determines how long the application takes to process

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Nocsy said:
We have pretty similar timelines so hopefully you are close too. Maybe even in process. Just for reference I have only travelled to Canada and Australia for more than 6 months, which seems to be one of the main things that determines how long the application takes to process
Also, we got my sponsors MP involved which I'm sure has speeded up the process

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Nocsy said:
My partner has only ever been to Canada outside of the UK for over 6 months, clear records etc. They seem to have no real rhyme or reason for faster and slower applications sometimes, perhaps it's because we are young that the application is going slowly (We are both 23).

Hopefully your DM means that London is on a bit of a roll again, they seem to do approvals in batches!

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
ghunter said:

Don't worry, Our application went in March and we have heard nothing at all. Not even an update on Ecas....still says app. recieved

CkMaddall

Sep 14, 2012
Nocsy said:
Also, we got my sponsors MP involved which I'm sure has speeded up the process
Hi there

Can you advise what you asked your MP to do? Your application was received a day after ours, so hoping we are at a similar stage... except they asked us for further information which was thoroughly irritating. Any MP related advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nocsy

Jul 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
23-05-2013
Med's Request
20-08-2013
CkMaddall said:
Hi there

Can you advise what you asked your MP to do? Your application was received a day after ours, so hoping we are at a similar stage... except they asked us for further information which was thoroughly irritating. Any MP related advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Our situation is that I am in the UK and my sponsor has been back in Canada since July. She contacted her local MP in Toronto (It has to be a Canadian MP) in August and they had an immigration person who was able to help us (from what I can gather most MP’s will have someone in their office working full time on immigration matters).

The MP’s office got back to us within the week. They had spoken to the London office and found out that my medical had been requested and file given a bring forward date (we were told this is a date they set against your file, so no files get forgotten about). They said if we had not heard anything a month after the bring forward date we should contact the MP’s office and they would make another inquiry. Fortunately we got Decision made before that happened

I had a friend who also got his MP involved and his application was processed in 4 months (this was in 2010 though) so I’m convinced it speeds things up a little. If not, it is just nice to be given some concrete information on the progress of your file.

I don't have the details of who my sponsors MP was or how she contacted them but I assume it's fairly easy to find out who your local MP is on the internet

Hope that helps

canuck1900

Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all please can one help?
It states 10 months for london to process an family class PR it seems that it could be less with the help of MP's etc?
How long have you all waited - Myself and my family are keen to move to Canada.
any help would be great

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
canuck1900 said:
Hi all please can one help?
It states 10 months for london to process an family class PR it seems that it could be less with the help of MP's etc?
How long have you all waited - Myself and my family are keen to move to Canada.
any help would be great
An MP cannot help you get faster processing. They can only help when things go wrong.

canuck1900

Oct 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
completely understand an MP can only enquire :) etc..
But the webite says 10 months is this a MAX time limit or have visa's been done quicker, we had a PR already but we lost it due to wife being out of country too long. so when we apply we are looking to see how long it will be? someone must have experience out there.

:)