+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "My husband and I sent his medical to the London VO (via the medical centre where the medical was done)". When he did his medical, he should have received a receipt from the Panel Physician to confirm that the medical exam had been completed. What did you do with this receipt? It should have gone with the application file to CPC-M as required by the checklist. You don't send anything to any VO. In fact the VO never actually gets your medical file as they only get the medical assessment code given to it by the RMO.
Zardoz, my apologies. That was worded quite weirdly. Yes, we did send our receipt with the application file to CPC-M, but the Panel Physician's office actually also sent us an email notifying us that the medical results were couriered over to the London VO? If that's not the case, then I think I have some digging to do, and some phone calls to make.. they specifically mentioned in the email: "Your visa medical is now complete and will be couriered over to the Canadian Embassy this afternoon." (This was on March 28th). I hope there's nothing wrong with this?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
samarah.arafat said:
Zardoz, my apologies. That was worded quite weirdly. Yes, we did send our receipt with the application file to CPC-M, but the Panel Physician's office actually also sent us an email notifying us that the medical results were couriered over to the London VO? If that's not the case, then I think I have some digging to do, and some phone calls to make.. they specifically mentioned in the email: "Your visa medical is now complete and will be couriered over to the Canadian Embassy this afternoon." (This was on March 28th). I hope there's nothing wrong with this?
I'm not sure where the local RMO is for the UK. It might indeed share the same building as the Visa Office but the functions are different. Normally once the eCAS is updated quite efficiently with regards to "Medical results received", so it's a bit surprising if they haven't popped up yet. I think a Case Specific Enquiry might be justified to London to see if they actually have the medical assessment code yet. Which DMP did your husband go to?

Just checked... the RMO address in London is:-

Overseas Health Management Services
High Commission of Canada / Haut-commissariat du Canada
MacDonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London, England W1K 4AA
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7258
Email: London.pp @ international.gc.ca (They probably will ignore emails from non-DMP sources)

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
davidmarsden38 said:
So, today is the day. It is 7am here on the West Coast and I have just woken to the two words every applicant longs to hear.

DECISION MADE!

I am so very thrilled and so excited - and Mark, I too just shed a little tear of happiness and relief. Mostly relief though that this process is now over!

I guess I just sit tight and wait for my CoPR. Waiting an extra couple of weeks is nothing compared to a year I put in.

Without this forum I would have gone crazy! Thanks to all the members for your help and to Sweden. I would love to buy you a drink when i am on the Island next year! :)

Cheers everyone! xo
congratulations that is awesome news

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
scottishmaple said:
congratulations that is awesome news
Thanks scottishmaple! Still waiting on the CoPR here, but hope it turns up this week! :)

Good luck to you too!

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
I'm not sure where the local RMO is for the UK. It might indeed share the same building as the Visa Office but the functions are different. Normally once the eCAS is updated quite efficiently with regards to "Medical results received", so it's a bit surprising if they haven't popped up yet. I think a Case Specific Enquiry might be justified to London to see if they actually have the medical assessment code yet. Which DMP did your husband go to?

Just checked... the RMO address in London is:-

Overseas Health Management Services
High Commission of Canada / Haut-commissariat du Canada
MacDonald House
38 Grosvenor Street
London, England W1K 4AA
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7258
Email: London.pp @ international.gc.ca (They probably will ignore emails from non-DMP sources)

Thank you so much for your speedy reply, Zardoz. My husband had his medical done at:

Your Excellent Health Service (YEHS),
1 Harley Street
London
W1G 9QD

I'm worried now :(

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
Becki567 said:
For those that can look online at application status what does your say?

I see my spouses name (I am sponsoring him) as the person being sponsor and then it says sponsorship application status "In Process"

And when I click on that link it says application was receive Sept 17 and we have began processing your application on Sept 30.

I have already received my SA but it doesn't say anything about that on there. Also I have seen people say they can see medical results have been received on theres. I don't see that either
Can someone please answer this for me? To clarify more, I am just wondering where this medical report confirmation would go since I don't even have a column for it to appear in on my ecas. And I am trying to determine if mine looks correct. There also its a column to show SA approval.

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Becki567 said:
Can someone please answer this for me? To clarify more, I am just wondering where this medical report confirmation would go since I don't even have a column for it to appear in on my ecas. And I am trying to determine if mine looks correct. There also its a column to show SA approval.
As far as I understand it, only some people get the 'Medical Received' on ECAS. I applied in April and on my GCSM notes they clearly have the medical, but my ECAS says nothing. I think they it shows up under the 'Application Received' bit as #2 (if the date of receipt is #1).

ECAS is pretty unreliable, mine didn't update to 'decision made' under sponsorship for weeks after I got the confirmation email.

I may not have answered your question at all, but I wouldn't fret about not having medicals received' on there.

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
How do I get these so called gmcs notes, I want to know where in progress we are! Heard nothing it is so discouraging. App received march 27....ecas nothing!

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
ghunter said:
As far as I understand it, only some people get the 'Medical Received' on ECAS. I applied in April and on my GCSM notes they clearly have the medical, but my ECAS says nothing. I think they it shows up under the 'Application Received' bit as #2 (if the date of receipt is #1).

ECAS is pretty unreliable, mine didn't update to 'decision made' under sponsorship for weeks after I got the confirmation email.

I may not have answered your question at all, but I wouldn't fret about not having medicals received' on there.
you didnbanswer my question. thank you. Because I couldn't see a spot for them to even indicate medical received I thought I might be on the wrong website or something thanks so much

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Becki567 said:
you didnbanswer my question. thank you. Because I couldn't see a spot for them to even indicate medical received I thought I might be on the wrong website or something thanks so much
There isn't a box that gets checked.

When you click on the underlined status of your application it then takes you to a page to give an update as to where your application is.

It is here where they will bullet point and number information and write write descriptions such as "applicataion received" or "Medicals have now been received".

Just because there is nothing there doesn't mean they have lost them. You could email and ask them though?

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, all! That clears it up a lot actually. I guess we will probably wait it out until jumping to any conclusions. What worried me initially was that the DMP office where my husband had his medical done actually closed its visa medical service for Canadian applications!

AlanJB27

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2012
AOR Received.
24 September 2012
File Transfer...
27 September 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
10 October 2013 (Received 26 October 2013)
Received this email on Friday.. Much closer to the finishing line now I think.. After nearly 14 months..

Good afternoon,

I can confirm receipt of your police certificate. Your application has been approved. It is expected that your Confirmation of Permanent Residence form will be issued within the next 10 working days. You should therefore receive the document shortly.

Kind regards,
CDD

jennfwa

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
My application arrived in Mississauga this morning :D

And so it begins...

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
jennfwa said:
My application arrived in Mississauga this morning :D

And so it begins...
Oh yes... Welcome to the insanity of checking e-cas every 30 minutes, "just in case".
Having been through this, with a few minor deviations from a straight path, my best advice is now to go and find something else to concentrate on while you wait. Go learn a new language or take up squash or something..
I set my sponsor the task of gaining her British citizenship, which meant she had to study a lot for the "Life in the UK test". It took her mind off CIC for a while.

jennfwa

Star Member
Sep 19, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
File Transfer...
12-11-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
20-06-2014
zardoz said:
Oh yes... Welcome to the insanity of checking e-cas every 30 minutes, "just in case".
Having been through this, with a few minor deviations from a straight path, my best advice is now to go and find something else to concentrate on while you wait. Go learn a new language or take up squash or something..
I set my sponsor the task of gaining her British citizenship, which meant she had to study a lot for the "Life in the UK test". It took her mind off CIC for a while.
Yeah I'm definitely going to do lots of things to not think about it. Michaels and I will become best friends (Crafting time).

What happens now then? Do I only hear off them if and when my sponsor is approved?