+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Eowyn said:
Woohoo!! Now get your butt in gear and help me pack! HAHA! xx :p
zardoz said:
Finally.... I actually have a valid, correct, late CoPR.... Thank goodness that's over.
you guys are cute :) congrats on finally getting the COPR and good luck on the packing part!
Sweden

TeamSlovCan

Dec 28, 2012
Hi All!

So ECAS is now saying DM! Of course we have to wait for the actual letter. But my question is: has anyone ever heard of an application being denied without CIC requesting an interview? My MP said that our application has passed 'initial processing' and no red flags a while back so I'm hoping its a positive decision but you just never know. We applied London Outland common law in April. Would love to hear people's thoughts about what my ambiguous DM could mean lol it went from App received to DM.

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
TeamSlovCan said:
Hi All!

So ECAS is now saying DM! Of course we have to wait for the actual letter. But my question is: has anyone ever heard of an application being denied without CIC requesting an interview? My MP said that our application has passed 'initial processing' and no red flags a while back so I'm hoping its a positive decision but you just never know. We applied London Outland common law in April. Would love to hear people's thoughts about what my ambiguous DM could mean lol it went from App received to DM.
Congratulations to you. It sounds like you have completed the process and now just need to wait for your COPR to arrive in the post. I believe from other posts that it can take up to 2 weeks if it is being sent to you here in Canada.

Time to crack open the champagne mate!

:)

TeamSlovCan

Dec 28, 2012
Davidmarsden38,

Thanks so much for the encouragement! We are gonna wait until its official before cracking anything open though :) I can live with another two week wait but that's it lol!'
I've heard it can take a 'few' weeks and I think that's horrible that they keep you in such suspense!

I wish a speedy process to everyone! . We will all get there in the end.

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Ncongrats to you that's very exciting.....when did you send yours in....it's odd that some that are cl as well that were sent in after are approved first

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
CDAN said:
How long after pr approval do you have until you have to land? Does anyone know
I believe you have either until your medical expires or your passport expires. Whichever is sooner. Our CoPR actually says when we have to land by. Takes the guess work out ;)

Becki567

Aug 8, 2013
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
27-09-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-05-2014
I am putting together the last touches on our application package. This whole thing has fried my brain so please excuse me if this is a stupid question that has been asked 1000000 times. :eek:

What do I do with the 8 photos?

The document checklist says to refer to the guide. But the guide only talks about the sizes. Not how to present them. In an envelope? On a piece of paper? Loose?

Also do they need to be signed on the back by some verifying it is his likeness.

thank you in advance for your patience

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Becki567 said:
I am putting together the last touches on our application package. This whole thing has fried my brain so please excuse me if this is a stupid question that has been asked 1000000 times. :eek:

The document checklist says to refer to the guide. But the guide only talks about the sizes. Not how to present them. In an envelope? On a piece of paper? Loose?

Also do they need to be signed on the back by some verifying it is his likeness.

Welcome to the thread! :)

for the pictures: you can put them all together in an envelope, and add it to your application, that should be enough.
I don't remember signing mine, and it depends on the VO, but as far as I remember, London doesn't ask for it.
Good luck!
Sweden

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Sweden said:
if you're landing with nothing (as most of your stuff is already in Canada etc. ) since you're just flagpoling to the US, then no need for B4 etc.
If you buy a "normal" amount of stuff in the US, no need to declare those either. If you buy more stuff, that might not come under the B4 declaration as it's supposed to be for stuff that you've owned for a while and would like to take with you to Canada...
Sweden
Thanks Sweden! yeah, I read about that... everything has to be used by me already in Finland. :)
I have a bunch of stuff in Finland still, but I filled out the B4a for that. I printed out B4 too, but it's empty.
In the morning we're going... so excited!

And congrats Eowyn & Zardoz!!! Finally you got the corrected one!! :)

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
godisFin said:
Thanks Sweden! yeah, I read about that... everything has to be used by me already in Finland. :)
I have a bunch of stuff in Finland still, but I filled out the B4a for that. I printed out B4 too, but it's empty.
In the morning we're going... so excited!

And congrats Eowyn & Zardoz!!! Finally you got the corrected one!! :)
Thanks godisFin! Best of luck to you! Everything is happening now! Let us know how you do.

We've started painting and tarting the house up ready for sale. Sometimes you really wish the voice of reason would step in BEFORE you do something. In my infinite wisdom, I decided to paint one of our bedrooms candy floss pink. WOW THAT'S A LOT OF PINK! lol :eek:

TeamSlovCan

Dec 28, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been answered before but there are so many threads I can't find the answer. My boyfriend's Slovakian passport is due to expire December 2014. We are planning on going to Canada February 2014 just before his medical expires. So...basically my question is how does in work if his visa comes through now? What I mean is...do we just notify CIC of the new number or is it much more complicated than that? Or..by some miracle...does it not even matter?

Thanks so much for any info guys!

Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
13-12-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
herewecome said:
You are on a very similar timeline to us. We also had processing start around that date in May and also had the request for already provided info. We were done late July though so I reckon you will be done soon. Two things you could do

1. Request your notes although this takes a month
2. Sens them am email asking if they require any extra information from you.
Hi herewecome,

Thanks for that. And congratulations. It's nice to see the process working. I actually emailed less than a month ago and said something along those lines but they said they appear to have everything they need. They also said they were waiting on routine background checks and will let me know as soon as they come back. I lived in Ireland for a while and some people say the multiple country background stuff takes a while.

Honestly, I'm just the sort of person who can't get on with stuff until things are sorted. I keep saying to my fiancee things like "shall we start looking at houses?" or something along those lines and then I remember that we can't yet until I know I can stay.

Thanks again, maybe I'll fire another email off. I guess it can't do any harm.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
TeamSlovCan said:
Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been answered before but there are so many threads I can't find the answer. My boyfriend's Slovakian passport is due to expire December 2014. We are planning on going to Canada February 2014 just before his medical expires. So...basically my question is how does in work if his visa comes through now? What I mean is...do we just notify CIC of the new number or is it much more complicated than that? Or..by some miracle...does it not even matter?

Thanks so much for any info guys!
it does matter, as on the COPR it has to be the correct passport number. So if you get to Canada, and your passport has expired before you get the COPR, send a scan of the new passport to London to inform them.
Sweden

martyb

Aug 27, 2013
Becki567 said:

My pictures were returned to me by Mississauga because I hadn't put my name on the back of them. I know other people who haven't had this problem...
They need to be loose though.