+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
zardoz said:
You need to use the B4/B4a forms. There is a whole process that you need to be aware of for filling these in and submitting them when you land. You will need 2 copies of forms for goods when you land and another 2 copies of forms for "goods to follow". http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-border.asp has the details and links.
Ok, thank you so much zardoz!
I read the page and... I do not have any vaccination documents!! I haven't heard anyone needed to present those? OMG... Well, I don't really have anything they have listed in "other documents you might need".. except my marriage certificate. :D
This should be fun, fun, fun...

EDIT: ok, on the paper they sent with the COPR they only say to prove vaccination for children. And, the other stuff is also not there, so I guess I'm ok. ;) got a little scared for a minute!!

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
New to the forum.....and like many others waiting.

App recieved mar 28, sponsor approved april16.....asked to verify things june24... Nothing since!
Still says app recived no update of in process or not

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
godisFin said:
This must have been asked here hundred times, but I couldn't find the answer and don't want to go through all the pages in this thread, SO, do I need to fill out B4 before I land (print the form and fill out), or is it ok to have a piece of paper with all my stuff listed?
Also, because I will be landing with nothing, as I just go to States for a day and come back, do I need to have a form for that too? Meaning, if I buy something, do I declare those or no? I read that the stuff I bring should be used my be before and if I buy something, it's not used...

Thanks guys!!
if you're landing with nothing (as most of your stuff is already in Canada etc. ) since you're just flagpoling to the US, then no need for B4 etc.
If you buy a "normal" amount of stuff in the US, no need to declare those either. If you buy more stuff, that might not come under the B4 declaration as it's supposed to be for stuff that you've owned for a while and would like to take with you to Canada...
Sweden

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
itsgonnahappen said:
Hello all,

I've been reading this thread for a while but couldn't register for some reason. It let me yesterday so....

I'm a London Outland common law status UK applicant, living in Canada (Montreal) with my fiancee. I'm currently on a temp work permit.

My fiancee registered me and she picked the username. It's her attempt at postive thinking ???

Anyway, our timeline is:

Application to sponsor received: December 27th, 2012
Sponsorship approval: January 18th, 2013
Application for PR received: December 27th, 2012 also
Started processing PR application: May 15th, 2013 (my birthday, oddly)
Medical results sent with original application: Received

I sent an email a month ago because I'm biting my nails off, and they are responsive: he/she said they were waiting for routine background checks to come back before DM.

Also of interest to some people: I got an email from them saying "before we can process....blah blah...we need history form filled back to when you were 18...blah blah..."

Now I was pretty sure I'd done this right in the first place so I emailed and asked if they were sure and they replied saying it was a mistake and they had everything they needed. So it just took asking them and it may have saved headaches.

Good luck everyone. I'm going a bit bananas waiting so it's nice to see people getting results.
You are on a very similar timeline to us. We also had processing start around that date in May and also had the request for already provided info. We were done late July though so I reckon you will be done soon. Two things you could do

1. Request your notes although this takes a month
2. Sens them am email asking if they require any extra information from you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
zardoz said:
Tomorrow Darling, tomorrow... That's assuming that the Post Office haven't lost it behind a desk or something... Let's hope it's correct this time!
Finally.... I actually have a valid, correct, late CoPR.... Thank goodness that's over.

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
zardoz said:
Finally.... I actually have a valid, correct, late CoPR.... Thank goodness that's over.
Woohoo!! Now get your butt in gear and help me pack! HAHA! xx :p

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
zardoz said:
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY so happy for you!

JDCA

Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh meant to ask on here earlier, I know this is probably not the best thread to ask on but you have all grown on me :D hehe

Does anyone have any decent respectable international moving companies? (in the north west of UK moving to Manitoba) :D

Ps - this whittling down items is soul destroying :D

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
When will our status online change to in progress. Sponsoring ,y common law partner from UK. They asked to verify travel dates in June but online it just says app and medical recieved.

Please help.....anxious and tired of no answers

JDCA

Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CDAN said:
When will our status online change to in progress. Sponsoring ,y common law partner from UK. They asked to verify travel dates in June but online it just says app and medical recieved.

Please help.....anxious and tired of no answers
Hey mate!

Yea I hear you it sucks when you don't get any change or status updates for sometime and I was the same checking the status near enough every day.

I would say if they asked for details in June to verify that's a good sign that they are looking at it or have it at least :) Guessing from your previous post if your sponsor was accepted by April 16th you would probably hear around late Sept/early Oct is my guess... London has been on a serious roll lately, so I would take it under the context of no further news is good news and hang in there! You will get processed soon :D *fingers crossed*

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
JDCA said:
Oh meant to ask on here earlier, I know this is probably not the best thread to ask on but you have all grown on me :D hehe

Does anyone have any decent respectable international moving companies? (in the north west of UK moving to Manitoba) :D

Ps - this whittling down items is soul destroying :D
Not sure about moving companies in the north as we are in Surrey, but I totally understand about hard decisions about what to take and what to leave behind. The main thing is to take the things that are sentimental to you, the rest is just "stuff". Ask yourself how much would it cost to replace versus how much it will cost to ship. I've been living in the UK for 9.5 years and zardoz has been here his entire life. We've accumulated A LOT over the years. Furniture is easy to replace, so we are leaving most of that and focusing on smaller items. Not much help to you, but I can commiserate.

CDAN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Thanks for your message.....I asked if anything else was needed and all they said was be in touch after its looked at

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
CDAN said:
Thanks for your message.....I asked if anything else was needed and all they said was be in touch after its looked at
Try not to worry, ecas is not overly reliable. Our application never showed "in process". We just went straight to decision made.

JDCA

Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eowyn said:
Not sure about moving companies in the north as we are in Surrey, but I totally understand about hard decisions about what to take and what to leave behind. The main thing is to take the things that are sentimental to you, the rest is just "stuff". Ask yourself how much would it cost to replace versus how much it will cost to ship. I've been living in the UK for 9.5 years and zardoz has been here his entire life. We've accumulated A LOT over the years. Furniture is easy to replace, so we are leaving most of that and focusing on smaller items. Not much help to you, but I can commiserate.
Haha, yea... worst is over though!! Just one of those where you need someone who is respectable and can trust... I heard Britannia are good but don't know off first hand :D Ahh well the search continues! Cheers!