+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Danishkid

Jul 28, 2013
Sweden said:
Assuming you had decision made for the PR side, and not only for the sponsor side: it should take not more than 1 to 2 weeks ( 1 week in Europe, 2 weeks if you're already in Canada). So - contact them and ask if they have sent the COPR and when, so you can try and trace it - more than 3 weeks is not normal.
Good luck!
Sweden
We are in Canada now, so maybe thats why its taking longer. I tried emailing them but who knows when they are gonna answer back, I got a confirmation saying within 28 days. Is there a different way to contact them?

Thanks

Edit: Also, I received a personal message here on forum, but I says Im not allowed to send personal messages and therefor I can't reply. Anyways the question was about my sponsorship approval for the spreadsheet. it was approved on January 11.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
godisFin said:
Congrats y'all! :)
I'm still waiting for the COPR to arrive. If it doesn't come during the next hour then it's next week. But even then it's not totally bad news, next weekend there is chicken wing festival in Buffalo. Not bad time to go there at that time either... ;)
I hate chicken wings. I feel like they'll deny me citizenship based on this fact.

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Seeing as london is on fire atm, who knows about the landing process?

What to we expect? What kind of questions do we get asked?

This is a silly question but at the airport is there a different line?

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
DGT said:
I hate chicken wings. I feel like they'll deny me citizenship based on this fact.
I used to hate chicken wings too, I didn't even know how to eat them properly. My hubby is a huge wings lover and I guess it just grew into me too. Plus I love-love-love blue cheese dip. Blue cheese makes everything better. :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Danishkid said:
We are in Canada now, so maybe thats why its taking longer. I tried emailing them but who knows when they are gonna answer back, I got a confirmation saying within 28 days. Is there a different way to contact them?

Thanks

Edit: Also, I received a personal message here on forum, but I says Im not allowed to send personal messages and therefor I can't reply. Anyways the question was about my sponsorship approval for the spreadsheet. it was approved on January 11.
as soon as you have 10 posts you'll be able to send private messages, as well as edit info on your profile.
so-impatient said:
Seeing as london is on fire atm, who knows about the landing process?

What to we expect? What kind of questions do we get asked?

This is a silly question but at the airport is there a different line?
no different line- when you walk up to immigration, tell them you want to land as a PR, and they'll direct you to another office. The whole process is quick and easy in general, 10 min, checking your ID, signing the COPR, a few questions (are you still a couple, do you have additional dependent + an address in Canada to be able to send the PR card), and that's it. takes a little longer if you're bringing goods into the country, but other than that, nothing specific!
Most of the time it's a fairly quick, painless and nice process - some officers are nicer than others of course!
Sweden

OShea

Jun 4, 2013
so-impatient said:
I wonder if they send it with a tracking number? Maybe you can contact for the tracking number? I am not sure if they do it just normal 1st/2nd class or special delivery?

Are you living somewhere rura JDCAl?

Mine went into process on 20th Aug and DM on 23rd.

It changed directly from application received to DM.

London seem to be on a roll atm!

Hope it stays this way!

yay!!!! congrats :)

london is on a definate roll!!

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Thanks everyone! Feeling super excited!!!

So I am going to take over basically - clothes, makeup, toileteries, books and some precious jewelry. I have to declare everything at customs? Do we get taxed on it?

Coral_Bliss

Aug 13, 2013
godisFin said:
one way tickets are usually always more expensive than round trip tickets. why, i really don't know! but just book a round trip and don't use the return flight. that's what i did.
Yeah I also think it would be wise to book round trip tickets. Thanks godisFin :)
but is it gonna be any issue to the immigration people if they ask why do i have return ticket if i'm landing as a PR?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Coral_Bliss said:
Yeah I also think it would be wise to book round trip tickets. Thanks godisFin :)
but is it gonna be any issue to the immigration people if they ask why do i have return ticket if i'm landing as a PR?
no - they won't care. Once you're a PR, you're allowed to go in and out of Canada! as long as you fulfill the residency requirements (2 years out of 5 in the country), then you can go and come back... so you would leave the next day if you wanted, it wouldn't matter. If you're not visa-exempt, it's best to wait until you have the actual PR card before you leave, but apart from that, it's no problem.
so-impatient said:
Thanks everyone! Feeling super excited!!!

So I am going to take over basically - clothes, makeup, toileteries, books and some precious jewelry. I have to declare everything at customs? Do we get taxed on it?
If you bring the same as you would bring as a tourist, then there is probably no need to declare much - however if you're bringing jewelry you might want to declare it so that you don't have to pay taxes on it and have the proofs with you that you brought it in when you landed.
As a PR, you can bring pretty much anything ( well there are restrictions of course!) tax-free as long as you declare it when you land, either as goods with you, or "goods to follow" if you have moving boxes arriving later into the country, or you plan on going back and forth and having more later.
Sweden

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
godisFin said:
I used to hate chicken wings too, I didn't even know how to eat them properly. My hubby is a huge wings lover and I guess it just grew into me too. Plus I love-love-love blue cheese dip. Blue cheese makes everything better. :D
And bacon. Bacon makes everything better too :)

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Thanks Sweden!!!

I thought it was the other way round that I do get taxed on items I take so rather than giving a bunch of my valuables to my in laws I should pack and declare all my valuables ( mainly jewelry which is quite expensive) and give all my other random crap like clothes and shoes to my inlaws?

No post for me this morning :( and its bank holiday monday so I guess fingers crossed tuesday?

Has the VO suddenly picked up because of end of strike action or does thing happen every month like next month end of sept the march/april applicants will start hearing?

I really like buffalo chicken wings and strips and blue cheese dip nom

PickleMash

Jun 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
LON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2013
Doc's Request.
03-06-2013
AOR Received.
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-01-2013
Interview........
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2013
so-impatient said:
No post for me this morning :( and its bank holiday monday so I guess fingers crossed tuesday?
Same for me! It's not a bank holiday in Scotland on Monday, but I bet Royal Mail work to English bank holidays. Ah well, never mind

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
All this waiting isn't good haha. Im so annoyed its bank holiday Monday grrrr.

I keep making weird connections to as why they would refuse my visa although as everyone has logically said they would have invited me for interview to prove myself!!

The connection I have now made is that the day I emailed them enquiring about my visa and if the strike action affects time lines is the day ECAS says it went into process and now im thinking whoever read my email got annoyed at me asking about the stike action and denied me in spite :/

OMG

Usually im so normal...this process has made me nutty!

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
DGT said:
Deportation order is in the mail.