+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

OShea

Jun 4, 2013
Hi all, been following this forum for ages and has been a great help!

congrats to all who have gone into process and DMs recently :)

with all the movement with applications lately i checked Ecas today and had a decision made!!
hoping it is good news :)

Coral_Bliss

Aug 13, 2013
noshi11 said:
Thanks coral

Yes, my husband submitted it yesterday and our ecas now shows in process as of Aug 16. Did yours show the same?
Our ecas changed to Decision made & it also says we went in process on August 14th.

by the way when is your husband planning to move to canada? do you have have any ideas where can i find reasonable one-way ticket to canada? it looks like round trip tickets are cheaper then one way :mad: like expedia or flight center

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
OShea said:
Hi all, been following this forum for ages and has been a great help!

congrats to all who have gone into process and DMs recently :)

with all the movement with applications lately i checked Ecas today and had a decision made!!
hoping it is good news :)
Yayyy Congrats!! Loving all this movement at London VO!!

Whats your time line?

OShea

Jun 4, 2013
so-impatient said:
Yayyy Congrats!! Loving all this movement at London VO!!

Whats your time line?
Thankyou :)

course timeline is:

App filed: 14/2/13
AOR: 26/2/13
File Transfer: 12/3/13
in progress: 19/8/13
DM: 22/8/13

ecas went straight to DM there was no in process..still said app received yesterday and checked today and there was DM!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
Coral_Bliss said:
Our ecas changed to Decision made & it also says we went in process on August 14th.

by the way when is your husband planning to move to canada? do you have have any ideas where can i find reasonable one-way ticket to canada? it looks like round trip tickets are cheaper then one way :mad: like expedia or flight center
one way tickets are usually always more expensive than round trip tickets. why, i really don't know! but just book a round trip and don't use the return flight. that's what i did.

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
I have always found the cheapest flights to be with Canadian Affair

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
British Airways has really good deals at times. I got my last flight (round trip) for about $500. If you are not picky about the traveling date you can get really good deals. :) AND, if you are not using the return flight, it pays off to search for different options. If you can find a return with multiple stop-overs the price would for sure be cheaper!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey London applicants!

I will still be around and do some of the updates, but I'm less present in the forum than a few months ago. I would suggest that some of you carry the link to the spreadsheet in their signature so it makes it easy for new comers to find it... I've also added ghunter for the edits, so there are more of us able to maintain it properly. If some of you would like to have access to the spreadsheet, I'm happy to add anybody - just send me a private message about it.
The spreadsheet used to be open, and then it got messed up a couple of times, but I don't believe that any of the regular posters here would do anything like this!
Good luck all, fingers crossed London keeps on sending out DM and COPR like this week - it's been a fairly good one!
Sweden

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
Out of curiosity for applications through the London VO, does decision made tend to mean approval, have there been many cases of rejection?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
so-impatient said:
I have always found the cheapest flights to be with Canadian Affair
Yes, but make sure that it's an Air Transat flight and not a code-shared Thomas Cook aircraft.
We used to use Air Transat all the time but we were put onto a Thomas Cook flight once instead.
We now fly Air Canada instead. We will NEVER fly Thomas Cook again.

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
zardoz said:
It is a very stressful process, even for those of us who have very simple, clear cut, applications.
Even then, CIC has managed to throw us two separate "curve balls" to mess things up, and we are still not out of the woods completely.

Of course, the really hard part starts now. How to move over 50 years of UK life over to Canada? Just packing up everything, redecorating to sell the house and then shipping everything will be an even bigger challenge.
Tell me about it. I am starting to contact builders for the things I can't do myself. We are also, this weekend, going to start going through our stuff to see what we can get rid of. Massive job in itself and I wonder if, on reflection, we should have started doing this when the application went in. But, it will be fun as it is another step towards Canadia.

so-impatient

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2013
File Transfer...
7-03-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with file
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DM -23-08-2013
LANDED..........
will land 03-10-2013
I keep having anxiety attacks about my application.

Me and my husband had a relationship of only months before we got married, although we have known each other our whole lives - played with eachother as kids then lost touch in our teens but when we met again we got together and just knew we were right for each other and got married.

I keep worrying that they will think we are not genuine.

I hope being a british citizen and a doctor ( as in - in a stable job with promise) works in our favour.

eeep

Also, I didn't know air transat and thomas cook were linked!

JDCA

Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey! :)

My wife is Canadian and my son was just born there on 27/07/13, my timeline is as follows:

App filed: 20/2/13
AOR: 26/2/13
File Transfer: 12/3/13
in progress: 12/8/13
DM: 15/8/13

At the moment, it just states that the office will contact me I believe via writing... does anyone know how long that contact takes to make? (I checked my email multiple times/including spam and nothing :() It's just I think the postman is getting concerned that I am glaring at him each day until it arrives! hehe :p