+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Gooi said:
Hi All!

I've been following this forum for a few months now...mainly to keep my sanity intact through this process! Though I've never posted anything before, this place has been a great resource for information and excellent support system for me. No one really understands the hardship of this process unless you're actually going through it. I just want to say thank you to everyone!

On another note, I wanted to instill hope in those that are still waiting for a DM that the London office is still working! I'm still in shock but we got our COPR today :D I know there are people in my timeline so I thought I'd share our dates.
Application Received: December 12, 2012
Spousal Approval: January 11, 2013
ECas Changed to In Progress: May 28, 2013
DM ON ECas: July 29, 2013

Even though ECas didn't show DM till July 29, the COPR says it was issued July 24 and the envelope shows it was mailed out July 30.

I know most people on here have already sent in their application and are waiting it out but there were a couple tips from our lawyer that I thought were worth sharing if you haven't sent your app in yet. The first one is to number all the pages you send in and make an exact duplicate copy for yourself. That way if they say they didn't receive a form and you know you sent it, you can tell them which page to refer to. Secondly, we highlighted and wrote notes on all our evidence. Our lawyer told us to make things blatantly obvious for them and don't make them search for the evidence. Though this took A LOT of time to do, I'd like to think this made a difference because we never got asked for docs and we had a common law application...Which I expected to be a bit longer process because our burden of proof is higher.

Lastly, I do have a question. Does anyone know how long it takes for the landing process? My partner is flying into Vancouver but we have to book a connecting flight and I just want to make sure we have enough time in between.

Thanks everyone and sorry for rambling on!

Congrats!!

I flew in to Vancouver in May to land as a PR. Landed at 1:30pm along with 3 other planes, so the line-ups for passport control were huge! I asked an agent which lineup to use as I was landing as a PR.. She told me to use the line that was for returning residents..so I got through in about 5-10mins as most of the people were tourists! So there's a tip ;)
When I got to the part of waiting to see an immigration officer it was a joke! I guess maybe because it was lunch time, I'm not sure? But when I arrived there was 10 people in-front of me and only 1 officer! Fast forward almost 2 hours and another officer came on shift, so that sped things up! My husband arrived 3 months before me so was waiting for me at the gates. While I was waiting I could use the internet as Vancouver supply you with a free 30 mins or an hour, I can't remember. When it was my turn, it was all over in 10 mins or so, but the officer didn't stamp and put a code(COPR number) on my passport. Make sure and check its there otherwise you can't apply for your sin until the Pr card arrives which is about 50 days later!

Hope that helps..good luck!!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hey y'all!

So, here's the deal. I applied last year and submitted police certificates for FBI, FLORIDA, AUSTRALIA, UK, AND CALIFORNIA.

I have since (today) received my "notes" surrounding my application and this is stated:

PA's Police Certificate from UK, FBI, California, Florida Dept of Law Enforcement, Australian Fedeal Poloce on file **Should also submit RCMP clearance certificate***

Now, they haven't explicitly told me to do so, but shall I just send in RCMP certificate?

Thanks for any help!

David :)

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
davidmarsden38 said:
Hey y'all!

So, here's the deal. I applied last year and submitted police certificates for FBI, FLORIDA, AUSTRALIA, UK, AND CALIFORNIA.

I have since (today) received my "notes" surrounding my application and this is stated:

PA's Police Certificate from UK, FBI, California, Florida Dept of Law Enforcement, Australian Fedeal Poloce on file **Should also submit RCMP clearance certificate***

Now, they haven't explicitly told me to do so, but shall I just send in RCMP certificate?

Thanks for any help!

David :)
Wow. Seems like they are waiting to get it. But I can't understand why they haven't asked for it?! I would just send it. It's worth the try.

Maybe they have sent you a request for it but it never got to you. And that's why you are still waiting, because they are waiting. :)

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
godisFin said:
Wow. Seems like they are waiting to get it. But I can't understand why they haven't asked for it?! I would just send it. It's worth the try.

Maybe they have sent you a request for it but it never got to you. And that's why you are still waiting, because they are waiting. :)
That is exactly what went through my head too. Also further on in the report they said "Passport Photographs: Not Received". This I find to be inexcusable as I have sent them 8 now in two batches!

I guess I know what I am doing tomorrow now :/

I have also sent them an email with no reply as yet - 41 days and counting.

Cheers for the help :)

Kaza3124

Apr 13, 2013
noshi11 said:
May be that was the initial review?
Hi noshi just wondering if you have heard anything from VO regarding your app. We seem to be the only non visa exempts and not too far apart. I have been asked to attend an interview in September and also they have asked me to bring further evidence of our relationship before and after the wedding.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Eowyn said:
Thanks!

Isn't tomorrow your big day?
Yes, I am in Canada with my husband just now.. :D

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
scottishmaple said:
YAY!! So happy for you. I'm glad you didn't run into trouble trying to enter.

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
Kaza3124 said:
Hi noshi just wondering if you have heard anything from VO regarding your app. We seem to be the only non visa exempts and not too far apart. I have been asked to attend an interview in September and also they have asked me to bring further evidence of our relationship before and after the wedding.
Hi kaza

Yeah, I read your post that you got called for an interview. Unfortunately, we haven't heard anything from the visa office since they told us that the initial review has been completed. I did send them additional evidence (voluntarily) last month and right after they sent me an email saying that the "initial review has been completed and no further documents are required." It could be a coincidence but considering we haven't heard anything back regarding an interview, I'm hoping it means that the interview had been waived, but you never know!! I have ordered GCSM notes and I'm are hoping to get those next week then ill have an idea of where they are with our application.

Why are they asking for evidence before the wedding? Did you not already send them all that evidence?

noshi11

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2013
AOR Received.
02-02-2013
File Transfer...
02-14-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2013
LANDED..........
30-10-2013
scottishmaple said:
That's great!! Did they give you any trouble at the border?

Gooi

Aug 8, 2013
mic_midd86 said:
Congrats!!

I flew in to Vancouver in May to land as a PR. Landed at 1:30pm along with 3 other planes, so the line-ups for passport control were huge! I asked an agent which lineup to use as I was landing as a PR.. She told me to use the line that was for returning residents..so I got through in about 5-10mins as most of the people were tourists! So there's a tip ;)
When I got to the part of waiting to see an immigration officer it was a joke! I guess maybe because it was lunch time, I'm not sure? But when I arrived there was 10 people in-front of me and only 1 officer! Fast forward almost 2 hours and another officer came on shift, so that sped things up! My husband arrived 3 months before me so was waiting for me at the gates. While I was waiting I could use the internet as Vancouver supply you with a free 30 mins or an hour, I can't remember. When it was my turn, it was all over in 10 mins or so, but the officer didn't stamp and put a code(COPR number) on my passport. Make sure and check its there otherwise you can't apply for your sin until the Pr card arrives which is about 50 days later!

Hope that helps..good luck!!
Thanks for the tips mic_midd86!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scottishmaple said:
yeah! welcome to Canada :) was thinking about you 2 days ago when you were traveling, glad to see it went well at the border ( well, I don't know, but OK for sure since you're in Canada!). Good luck "digesting" the jetlag, and enjoy family time!
Sweden

Kaza3124

Apr 13, 2013
noshi11 said:
Hi kaza

Yeah, I read your post that you got called for an interview. Unfortunately, we haven't heard anything from the visa office since they told us that the initial review has been completed. I did send them additional evidence (voluntarily) last month and right after they sent me an email saying that the "initial review has been completed and no further documents are required." It could be a coincidence but considering we haven't heard anything back regarding an interview, I'm hoping it means that the interview had been waived, but you never know!! I have ordered GCSM notes and I'm are hoping to get those next week then ill have an idea of where they are with our application.

Why are they asking for evidence before the wedding? Did you not already send them all that evidence?
Oh I see. In a way you can think as all your documents are more than enough in your case and an interview is not required. I don't know why they need more evidence on my case , I have sent them photos from trips, call logs, hotel bookings and emails between us before and after the wedding. Anyways I hope we get through this soon. Good luck

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
yeah! welcome to Canada :) was thinking about you 2 days ago when you were traveling, glad to see it went well at the border ( well, I don't know, but OK for sure since you're in Canada!). Good luck "digesting" the jetlag, and enjoy family time!
Sweden
Thanks Sweden! The Jetlag has been a real issue this time over, not sure why. but we are now on day 3 and I have finally gone to bed and woken up at a reasonable Canadian time, or rather, I slept in this morning.....lol

Border was great. Was asked a few questions regarding my husband and what he did etc and why we were not together and that was it. Changed my mailing address yesterday. We have a funny feeling that we have came all the way here and london will want an interview, that would just be our luck.

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Dear Sweden
I am looking one bed room flat in toronto. do u have any idesa?
Sweden said:
Sweden