+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Eowyn

Star Member
Feb 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
(CoPR) 31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
zardoz said:
CoPR arrived...

However, it seems that London is once again being run by untrained staff.
They have applied "Conditional PR" to my document even though we have been married for over eight years.
I can't be bothered to argue with them over it as there is no way that it would stand up to scrutiny and I have no reason to believe that would ever be invoked. It does however go to show that they really are clueless there.

Sigh.. even at the last hurdle, they try to bring us down...

(Update: - I've raised a Case Specific Enquiry to get things clarified.)
Don't worry, it'll be fine. Just be like me and do the happy dance!! We're on our way!!!! (although I do agree - what a bunch of monkeys in that office) :p

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Conditional PR was brought in from Oct 2012 to prevent abuse of the system.

This means you must remain in your relationship (marriage or common law) for 2 years after you 'land' in order you to retain PR. It applies if you have been common law or married for 2 years or less and do not have any children in common.

You can read the full terms and details by scrolling down a little bit at this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
markstimson said:
Conditional PR was brought in from Oct 2012 to prevent abuse of the system.

This means you must remain in your relationship (marriage or common law) for 2 years after you 'land' in order you to retain PR. It applies if you have been common law or married for 2 years or less and do not have any children in common.

You can read the full terms and details by scrolling down a little bit at this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3999Etoc.asp
Oh yeah... Ok thanks! :)
So basically because we have been together for 5 years but married for less than a year my PR is conditional, if I understood it correctly. Interesting....

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
godisFin said:
Oh yeah... Ok thanks! :)
So basically because we have been together for 5 years but married for less than a year my PR is conditional, if I understood it correctly. Interesting....
From what I can tell, it seems if you have lived together in a relationship for 2 years or more before getting married, your PR should be unconditional.

It mentions about dating for 4 years but, and this is classic CIC ambiguity and lack of clarity, that could either mean living together or not living together. If I had to guess I would say they are talking about not living together with this clause.

There will undoubtedly be stories of this clause being applied wrongly down the line. We've already seen one!

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
markstimson said:
From what I can tell, it seems if you have lived together in a relationship for 2 years or more before getting married, your PR should be unconditional.

It mentions about dating for 4 years but, and this is classic CIC ambiguity and lack of clarity, that could either mean living together or not living together. If I had to guess I would say they are talking about not living together with this clause.

There will undoubtedly be stories of this clause being applied wrongly down the line. We've already seen one!
Yeah, we have lived together for two years, but it wasn't continuous, as we lived about one year in Finland and then six months later when I got temporary work permit we lived together in Canada for a year. That conjugal relationship thing is also confusing me. When can that be counted in? We for sure would have lived together if it would have been possible. All these visa things complicated our lives quite a lot and prevented us living together.

Yes, for sure. They should be more clear with their clauses.

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
zardoz said:
CoPR arrived...

However, it seems that London is once again being run by untrained staff.
They have applied "Conditional PR" to my document even though we have been married for over eight years.
I can't be bothered to argue with them over it as there is no way that it would stand up to scrutiny and I have no reason to believe that would ever be invoked. It does however go to show that they really are clueless there.

Sigh.. even at the last hurdle, they try to bring us down...

(Update: - I've raised a Case Specific Enquiry to get things clarified.)
Zardoz - we also got this conditional PR when we got our docs, and we've been together for 8+ years. They also got our address wrong on multiple occasions so honestly I don't even feel like fighting with them at this point.

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
WE LANDED! Docs are signed and passport is stamped! Tomorrow it is off to SNB/Service Canada for SIN and ID's and Medicare nonsense.

I thought I would give you all our landing story, since most people are not really landing in NB (mostly ON/BC) and this might be helpful to others in NB.

Our Landing Story:

We chose to go to 3rd Bridge, St. Stephen NB for our landing. We are in Fredericton (about 1hr45min away from St. Stephen) and I have the day off so it made for a nice drive. Hubby and I packed up my mother and took her with us, mostly for directions, and also because I am very non-confrontational and if something were to go wrong, I'd be sobbing in a corner unable to articulate anything to the CBSA official LOL.

We got to 3rd Bridge and drove over to the US side. We told the US border official that hubby was flagpoling. He asked if he'd ever done this before (for work visas, etc) and he hadn't, so we pulled over and went into the US border office. They gave us a declined form that we need to take back to CBSA on the other side of the bridge. I know this has been discussed in other threads, but I also asked if we ever decided to go to the US again, do we need to let the border agent know that hubby was declined this time. Border Agent said NO. Because we were just flagpoling, we did not need to declare this "rejection" moving forward.

US agent told us to go back to our car, swing around and drive back to Canada with the decline form. Got to the Canada border, told the rep we were landing, and she told us to pull over and go into the Border Services building. We went up to the desk and spoke with the MOST WONDERFUL CBSA Agent Mahar - what a delight! She was newer, but she was very thorough and did everything step-by-step while explaining what she was doing. Luckily things were straight forward for us (no B4 form, etc). We brought lots of additional docs (hubby's birth cert, marriage cert, proof of address, etc) but she didn't ask to see any of them. The only thing she did was take the form we got from the US Border and the yellow slip we got from the CBSA agent when we were in our car, as well as hubby's TRV extension because it was not affixed to his passport. She signed his 2 forms for COPR, gave us one of them back, and stamped/signed his passport. She took our CORRECT mailing address (because CIC has botched it about 3 times already) to make sure that the PR card comes to us. She also gave us a checklist on how to get a SIN, Medicare, Drivers License, etc.

This is us! Finally landed!

Then we went to Ganongs (known for it's Chicken Bones - if you don't know what they are GO GET SOME THEY ARE DELICIOUS) and stocked up because they are all made in St. Stephen NB.

Hope this will at least help a few people on their way with landing!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Congrats, and thanks for the story :) and - welcome to Canada to your husband!

sugalk

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Hi
I am looking one bed room flat in RIchmond HIll, Ontario area. Cud you any one have any idesa please. And How much money cud I get with me when I am landing fiirst time. Also, should I make a list of all belongs which I have during my landing to show in the airport?
Hoping responses from experienced and great people you all

Lat Lat

Jan 27, 2012
Please help,

Just received an email from CIC office in London requesting a payment for Right of Permanent Residence Fee.

Could this request indicate that the DM status is almost there ? ( I have been in process since 29 May , and was asked to resubmit fresh Police Certificates on 17 June and these were sent on 14 July )

Thank you for your response.

101raul

Jul 23, 2013
Hello,
My wife is in london she has got employment letter from canada company but
I am in India.
what should be the procedure because I am also thinking of travelling to canada with her
Is it possible or what needs to be done.

does she has to come to India and apply or what is the procedure?

Please help

stu08

Jul 17, 2013
Hi guys
Just reading about the strikes. How frustrating. We were hoping to be in Canada early 2014 but looks like I can kiss that goodbye! I'm still checking the progress online like 3 times a day. With the strike, is it even worth checking for progress? Has everything came to a complete standstill? Cheers.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Lat Lat said:
Please help,

Just received an email from CIC office in London requesting a payment for Right of Permanent Residence Fee.

Could this request indicate that the DM status is almost there ? ( I have been in process since 29 May , and was asked to resubmit fresh Police Certificates on 17 June and these were sent on 14 July )

Thank you for your response.
it is certainly a step closer, as the RPRF usually means that they are close to issuing a visa. Pay and send the receipt both to Mississauga AND London, (by email) so they can process the payment and match it to your file.

101raul said:
Hello,
My wife is in london she has got employment letter from canada company but
I am in India.
what should be the procedure because I am also thinking of travelling to canada with her
Is it possible or what needs to be done.

does she has to come to India and apply or what is the procedure?

Please help
If your wife is Canadian, then she can sponsor you. If your wife is not Canadian, this is the wrong part of the forum - try posting in the Skilled Workers section, so that people in a similar situation can help and answer your questions.

sugalk said:
Hi
I am looking one bed room flat in RIchmond HIll, Ontario area. Cud you any one have any idesa please. And How much money cud I get with me when I am landing fiirst time. Also, should I make a list of all belongs which I have during my landing to show in the airport?
Hoping responses from experienced and great people you all
No idea about Ontario.
You can bring money with you the first time, as long as you declare it. see CBSA website for the details. ANd yes - if you are going to import anything, make a list (look for B4 forms on the forum to have more info), and get it stamped when you land, to be able to import everything dutyfree. If you have more things coming later on, then fill out a separate list of "goods to follow" and get it stamped at the same time.
stu08 said:
Hi guys
Just reading about the strikes. How frustrating. We were hoping to be in Canada early 2014 but looks like I can kiss that goodbye! I'm still checking the progress online like 3 times a day. With the strike, is it even worth checking for progress? Has everything came to a complete standstill? Cheers.
it doesn't seem so... things are slow for sure, but some officers are still working. Waiting is frustrating indeed!
Good luck,
Sweden