+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
scottishmaple said:
It only changed on Ecas for 7 days, that doesnt mean anything. It use to be that if a persons Ecas changed to in process about 2 days later it would show up as Decision Made. I wouldn't say 6 months was quick, if all this strike action stuff wasn't going on, 6 months would be considered normal.
eCAS tells you when processing starts and the decision made tells you when it was concluded.

In this case 7 days.

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
orly said:
eCAS tells you when processing starts and the decision made tells you when it was concluded.

In this case 7 days.
Well... I still don't know why you have to point out people who has their file processed fast and complain about it. Every case is different. Some take longer than others and some and fast and straight forward. You are in process, you should be happy about that. You can send London emails asking what is taking so long with yours. It's not any forum members fault that your file is not processed fast.

This forum is supposed to be a happy place and I hope to keep it as one. Let's just be happy for others and not become bitter. :)

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
orly said:

In this case 7 days.
I think overall processing times are more relevant, to be honest. Your application's about 223 days in, but we hadn't even gone in process on ECAS by that point, whereas almost everyone around us on the spreadsheet had. (As it turned out, we finally went in process a couple days later and then got DM the next day - but we couldn't have known that would happen. At the point you're currently at, we had seen no movement and had had no requests from the VO. It felt like our application had been completely overlooked.)

I don't know why there are so many people from October-December who've been "officially" in process for so long, but I suspect some visa officers wait until the background checks are done first while others start the process beforehand. I really don't know, and it would be nice if it was more consistent, but that's what it seems like to me.

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
orly said:

In this case 7 days.
I don't know if it's true as mine said the processing started on the same day they made the decision! I know VOs are trained and surely capable of processing those applications fast but even so I believe it took them longer than that! Unless there's something I'm not understanding. :)

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
godisFin said:
Well... I still don't know why you have to point out people who has their file processed fast and complain about it. Every case is different. Some take longer than others and some and fast and straight forward. You are in process, you should be happy about that. You can send London emails asking what is taking so long with yours. It's not any forum members fault that your file is not processed fast.

This forum is supposed to be a happy place and I hope to keep it as one. Let's just be happy for others and not become bitter. :)
I don't think it was aimed directly at the poster, but mere frustration that happens to boil over at times. There is just no rhyme or reason as to why the CIC do what they do and the way they do it. Onwards and upwards we go!

*Deep breath*

David :)

godisFin

Oct 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
07-09-2013
davidmarsden38 said:
I don't think it was aimed directly at the poster, but mere frustration that happens to boil over at times. There is just no rhyme or reason as to why the CIC do what they do and the way they do it. Onwards and upwards we go!

*Deep breath*

David :)
Yes, i guess you are right David! :)
CIC really has no clear pattern on the things they do. And for sure, it can be frustrating at times!!! No denying on that. :)
Let's keep the hopes high! :D

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
godisFin said:
Yes, i guess you are right David! :)
CIC really has no clear pattern on the things they do. And for sure, it can be frustrating at times!!! No denying on that. :)
Let's keep the hopes high! :D
Yes indeed. After spending an unhealthy amount of time looking at wait times, I decided to pour myself a G'n'T. I may have been sightly heavy handed with the pour too.

Here's to the summer, the sunshine and to positive changes on CIC!

:)

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
godisFin said:

I did enquire. They ignored it.

We'll see if they ignore my MP.

Tired of the jokers in London half assing their job

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
orly said:

Actually, they can quite easily brush off your MP until November, when your file reaches 10 months. In fact, a lot of MPs won't even make inquiries until you reach the end of the processing time because they know that they will prob just get the standard answer from CIC.

Swedish citizen

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
File Transfer...
10-12-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
In Canada on visitor visa
Swedish citizen said:
Congratulations to you guys with changed status to "in progress"! That´s always something!

Just want to send an update and to tell you that I actually received a response on an e-mail to VO London!
The 8th of July they asked me to send in a police record for a working period abroad within 60 days.
Two days later I answered that I´ve ordered it but it takes about 2 months through the consulate and about 6 weeks through the Swedish police to get it. Today, the 15th of July, I got a reply from VO London:

Good morning,

Thank you for the information. Please submit the police certificate as soon as it is possible to do so.

Regards,
CDD
Hi guys
I haven´t checked my application status for the last days since I thought they wouldn't do anything until they get the police record I´ve been asked to send in. I got the message above the 15th of July and now I saw that I´ve been in process since the 16th of July! Is that normal? I´m super nervous now, will they make a decision even of they don´t have all the required information? Can someone change my status please.

AlanJB27

Mar 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 August 2012
AOR Received.
24 September 2012
File Transfer...
27 September 2012
Med's Done....
30 July 2012
Interview........
Not requested
Passport Req..
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
10 October 2013 (Received 26 October 2013)
canuck_in_uk said:
Actually, they can quite easily brush off your MP until November, when your file reaches 10 months. In fact, a lot of MPs won't even make inquiries until you reach the end of the processing time because they know that they will prob just get the standard answer from CIC.

As far as I am aware, they can brush anyone off, even MP's, merely by stating that the application is still within standard processing times.. I.E. The 10 months they advertsie online. Unless that's changed at all. After that they need to be a bit more creative I guess. I suppose they could do what they're doing with mine and say the background checks can take several months.. In process 4 and a half months, total application time over 11.. Spare a thought!!

jackmb

Nov 14, 2012
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/01/2013
AOR Received.
20/02/2013
File Transfer...
20/02/2013
Med's Done....
04/12/2012
Hi Guys,

Aint been on for a while but i have received my COPR.

Went IN PRO - 15/07
Received COPR - 19/07

:D:D:D

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
orly said:

It's worth a shot to see if you can at least glean more information, though my suspicion is that the background checks are still ongoing for you. It's possible, because you've been In Process for so long, that they've done everything else they need to do with your application and they're just waiting on a couple things from other agencies. Who knows how it works?

I contacted my MP about the same time as you in the process, and found out that way that we we had successfully passed the background checks. That was heartening to hear, 'cause I had read it's the longest part of the process. Then, voila, the next day ECAS updated to In Process (it had nothing to do with the MP though - we had already been in process a few days, it just hadn't updated online yet), and then the next day Decision Made. So if they ever tell you the background checks are done, then you probably don't have very long to wait at all.

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
jackmb said:
Hi Guys,

Aint been on for a while but i have received my COPR.

Went IN PRO - 15/07
Received COPR - 19/07

:D:D:D
Congratulations! Always nice to see progress on the spreadsheet. Do you know what date you got Decision Made? You sure got your COPR fast regardless - a mere four days after going in process! :)