+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Just another article I came across this morning: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/amid-visa-delays-bogota-embassy-advises-would-be-visitors-to-canada-to-stay-home/article13104443/#dashboard/follows/

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Hi All,

Please help!!

I just got an email from London saying the following:

Dear Applicant,

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.

Right of Permanent Residence Fee

Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga.

-------------------
We only paid for the 1st part - sponsorship of common-law - Outland.
I am currently in Canada but have only a UK Visa card - how can i pay for the above? it says it has to be in cdn dollars. Can i pay for this online? I have checked the CIG website and getting confused again :(

On the CIG 'Paying fees' part there are 2 options:
Right of Permanent Residence Fee from inside Canada -- has option to pay online but am i allowed to do this route as i applied 'Outland'.
Right of Permanent Residence Fee from outside canada --- has no option to pay online

Thank you so much in advance!!!
Lee.

Ps. does this mean i am 'approved'???

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Needhelpplease said:
Hi All,

Please help!!

Dear Applicant,

In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.

Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga.

-------------------
I am currently in Canada but have only a UK Visa card - how can i pay for the above? it says it has to be in cdn dollars. Can i pay for this online? I have checked the CIG website and getting confused again :(

Right of Permanent Residence Fee from inside Canada -- has option to pay online but am i allowed to do this route as i applied 'Outland'.
Right of Permanent Residence Fee from outside canada --- has no option to pay online

Lee.

Not sure about some of the other questions but VISA is an international system. You can pay with your UK card in Canada and it will convert the charge to UK pounds (plus a cheeky wee commission).

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Needhelpplease said:
Hi All,

Please help!!

Dear Applicant,

-------------------

Lee.

You can pay for it online - choose the Right of Permanent Residence Fee from inside Canada and pay online - this will be ok if you are having doubts because I had the same issues as we applied outland and my husband was in Canada paying and we are in the UK and it was accepted...follow all the paying instructions to the T. You are going to need a printer as you have to mail them a copy of the Receipt to prove you have paid.

You should be able to use your UK Visa card for payment (as long as you have the funds within the account). If you are having difficultly paying this way, you can also follow their instructions on how to pay at a bank.

Requesting this payment does not mean you have been approved it just means that they are not going to further process your application until you have paid the remainder of the fees.

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Use your UK credit card

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Thanks all for your response.
Just done it on-line and paid!

It says to send the receipt to CPC-Mississauga.
but then contradicts itself and says to send all docs requested to the addy below - which is London UK.

Shall i just send a copy to both? dont think it will be any harm in doing so.

Also, i searched on here and someone said they sent it online??
Whats best chaps & Ladies?

Thanks again for your feedback :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Needhelpplease said:
Thanks all for your response.
Just done it on-line and paid!

It says to send the receipt to CPC-Mississauga.
but then contradicts itself and says to send all docs requested to the addy below - which is London UK.

Shall i just send a copy to both? dont think it will be any harm in doing so.

Also, i searched on here and someone said they sent it online??
Whats best chaps & Ladies?

Thanks again for your feedback :)
send it to both Mississauga and London. London will need the confirmation from CIC that the funds have arrived, but they can already see that you have paid if you send them the receipt. In London they don't have access to the system where you have paid so CIC will confirm it to them, but send it to London as well so they can continue processing your application.
you can send the receipt via email.
Sweden

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey everyone!
Got my PR card today..woohoo!! Its over for me. I started my full-time job yesterday, so happy to being on the way to normal life.

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Hey all,

My wife got the COPR today!
I think im not on the excel sheet if someone can plz add me there
All info on left..
Got DM on 2nd July
COPR on 10th july

Also, can someone quickly go through the next steps.. Like at landing and after please.
Thanks all for support through this whole process. :)

Also we didnt get the original marriage certificate back..
Is that given at a later date?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Immigration007 said:
Hey all,

All info on left..
Got DM on 2nd July
COPR on 10th july

Also, can someone quickly go through the next steps.. Like at landing and after please.

Congrats! great to hear that it went well! you're in row 46, just before me.
Landing is easy: your wife needs her COPR + passport, and on arrival in Canada, she can tell the immigration officer that she wants to land as a PR. She will most likely be taken to another office, and asked a few questions (are you still married, and what is the address in Canada to send the PR card), and sign her COPR. If she's bringing things into the country, now or later, she should fill out a B4 form and have it stamped when she lands - it will allow her to bring goods into the country without paying taxes.
The whole landing process is usually around 10 min and not an interview as such, just checking her identify, signing the COPR, and that's it. Easy! it is recommended to bring a copy of marriage certificate but I've never seen anybody being asked for it.
For the marriage certificate: ASK for it now. I don't think it was necessary to send the original (copy is usually enough), and if you want the original back, then ask for it - they probably won't return anything if you don't.

Congrats to your wife, and I wish her a safe flight!
Sweden

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Immigration007 said:
Hey all,

All info on left..
Got DM on 2nd July
COPR on 10th july

Agreed with Sweden on this Re: Marriage Certificate. They only request copies and don't guarantee that originals will be returned, although I'm sure that if you request it they'll send it back. I gave them an original copy of ours (I got 2 extras to take with us to Canada too, just in case!), and they did return it with the COPR.

Landing is super easy, so enjoy your day! I guarantee that it won't really sink in for a bit. It hasn't for me...

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Well, our COPR arrived in the post 10 minutes ago. Nice to have that bad boy in my hands. Shame the Royal Mail can't seem to deliver anything these days without it being bent and turned up at the ears.

sctv

Jan 30, 2013
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
Hooray, we just got back from the Post Office with our COPR. Next step, book a flight! Exciting ;D

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Received GCMS notes and sadly nothing has been started on it apart from eligibility shows 'in progress'. Huge sigh. Anyway, there was a bit on there about outgoing correspondence with details as follows

Outgoing: 1
Created date: 2013/5/14
Request to issue: letter
Due date: 2013/7/13

Any ideas?