+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
herewecome said:
Scottish Maple - What's the latest with you? Are you busy getting ready to move? Have you been in touch with your MP? Any news on your app?
Nothing much, just getting ready to to see my husband. Meds have expired and nothing has changed with my Application. Still says Application Received on Ecas. I'm not going to email London again or contact our MP, I dont see the point.

DGT said:
Hey guys. My COPR is here.

Actually stunned. Can't believe it.

I can finally restart my life.

Thats great DGT. Which date would you like on the Spreadsheet for DM?

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Don't give up. Keep at them. I get the feeling it's just been forgotten about and they need a nudge.

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
DGT said:
Hey guys. My COPR is here.

Actually stunned. Can't believe it.

I can finally restart my life.
That's tremendulant. ;D

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
scottishmaple said:
Nothing much, just getting ready to to see my husband. Meds have expired and nothing has changed with my Application. Still says Application Received on Ecas. I'm not going to email London again or contact our MP, I dont see the point.

Thats great DGT. Which date would you like on the Spreadsheet for DM?
I believe my ECAS was showing DM on the 23rd of June.

I really hope that they're working on you next... I can sense the despair in you. And there really isn't anything comforting anyone can say or do...

I have everything crossed for you!

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
I guess we'll be taking a little trip down to North Dakota for the official "landing" after my husband's COPR comes in, maybe in a week or two. I was thinking, considering the length of the drive, we might plow on down south of the border to Grand Forks and do a little shopping, maybe come back the next day. Is it problematic for a British citizen to travel into the States from Canada without a visa? We could always just flagpole at the border and come back if so.

sctv

Jan 30, 2013
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
Eabie said:
I guess we'll be taking a little trip down to North Dakota for the official "landing" after my husband's COPR comes in, maybe in a week or two. I was thinking, considering the length of the drive, we might plow on down south of the border to Grand Forks and do a little shopping, maybe come back the next day. Is it problematic for a British citizen to travel into the States from Canada without a visa? We could always just flagpole at the border and come back if so.
You do not need a Visa, but you need to get an ESTA. It will only take you a few minutes to set it up. This is the official government link, be wary of companies that get it for you.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Eabie said:
Congrats :).

To clarify the above post from sctv, a British citizen DOESN'T need an ESTA to enter the US by land. The ESTA is only needed if coming by air or sea. So if you guys drive across, he doesn't need to apply for anything.

Have a look here https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1094/~/do-i-need-to-apply-for-esta

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
Congrats :).

To clarify the above post from sctv, a British citizen DOESN'T need an ESTA to enter the US by land. The ESTA is only needed if coming by air or sea. So if you guys drive across, he doesn't need to apply for anything.

Have a look here https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1094/~/do-i-need-to-apply-for-esta
Thanks to you both. :)

It doesn't sound like it's an issue to go to the States then. I just have to decide whether it's worth the expense or whether we should just make a day-trip to the border and back.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13

herewecome

Dec 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-12-12
AOR Received.
17-01-13
File Transfer...
17-01-13
Med's Done....
07-12-12
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
Eabie said:
Thanks to you both. :)

It doesn't sound like it's an issue to go to the States then. I just have to decide whether it's worth the expense or whether we should just make a day-trip to the border and back.
If you go shopping your allowance is more the longer you are out of the country. Not sure if that sways you into staying a night in the US or not :)

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
So, I landed today!

And my god, what a day. I set of from my pad in Toronto to get the GO Train which should take me straight to Niagara Falls. Sounds simple right? Turns out I got on the wrong train. Hardly my fault when you consider that they don't say where they are going when you get on. It showed up 16:21 so I assumed it was my train...

But I digress. So, after about 5 stops the driver comes on and says "oh by the way, if you were trying to get the Niagara train then you're screwed TROLOLOLOL. You'll have to get off at Burlington and get a bus."

I'm a well travelled guy (just one continent left to visit) so I wasn't phased. I thought, screw it. I'll go get a beer and a bite while I wait. NOPE. I'm not in Europe anymore. Rather than being in the centre of town like I thought it might be, Burlington GO Station is in some sort of motorway bubble in the middle of nowhere. Oh well, never mind. It's only an hour. I'll just sit and wait. And wait I did. For a bus that didn't show up. For no reason. Along with about 80 other people. So, we wait for the next one. All is well. At this point I'm about 2 and a half hours behind schedule.

So, the bus takes forever but it gets me there eventually. So, I can see the bridge to the US. Perfect. Oh wait, I can't walk over that because I don't have a Nexus card. Great, time for a 4 mile hike to the other side of town (which I've never been to!). My walk taught me that Niagara Falls is AWFUL! The worst small town I've ever seen in Canada. Anyway, I finally get to the Rainbow Bridge and jaywalk on over to try and get through. Oh wait, there's a turnstile that needs 50 cents for me to get through. And it only takes quarters. Perfect. Ok, backtrack. I head back over the road to get a coffee from Starbucks and some change. The coffee costs 8 bucks instead of 5. Why? BECAUSE NIAGARA.

When I got the US border I was met by a reasonably pleasant woman who understood what I needed to do and asked me to go have a seat for a bit. She was very nice, but she too offence to my middle name and questioned me about it before asking me to sit back down again (my middle name is Guevara by the way. Thanks mum and dad.) She also asked me a lot of questions about my lost passport. Anyway, the whole thing took about 40 minutes. Not the end of the world, and I was prepared for a lot worse really. You never know when it comes to entering the US.

So, I head back over to the Canadian side. The chap there is also very nice, but he informs me that there are no landing officers working. He says that i'm too late. It's 8:30. I start to crumble. He fills out a bit of paper, tells me that he's only kidding, and sends me off to another office looking rather apologetic.

The actual landing itself was fine. Very quick. She tried to trip me up, asking me where I was working. I told her that I wasn't, because I don't have a permit. She nods, knowingly. She also asks where my other half is (she was at work). After that, she just said, "ok you're a permanent resident now".

Done!

I headed off to catch the last train back to Toronto which was full of lunatics including a strange pink haired gentleman who I made the mistake of acknowledging and who would not bugger off and leave me alone for the entirety of the 2 hour traint journey. This also included him sneezing and coughing all over me. Good times.

Oh, and when I got off the train at Exhibition Station, I was greeted by about 500 inebriated and half naked teenagers who were out for the Digital Dreams festival.

I'm not gonna proofread this because I want it to be as crazy and rambling as I'm feeling right now. Bottom line is, I'm a PR of Canada with a good job lined up and a fairly intact marriage to boot. I don't know what else I could ask for really. I hope that those that are still waiting get to this stage really soon.

Much love!

Danny

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
DGT said:
So, I head back over to the Canadian side. The chap there is also very nice, but he informs me that there are no landing officers working. He says that i'm too late. It's 8:30. I start to crumble. He fills out a bit of paper, tells me that he's only kidding, and sends me off to another office looking rather apologetic.
Bottom line is, I'm a PR of Canada with a good job lined up and a fairly intact marriage to boot. I don't know what else I could ask for really. I hope that those that are still waiting get to this stage really soon.

Much love!

Danny
Congrats!! :) and Welcome to Canada as a PR - well done! it has been a long journey indeed, and I mean not only today! :)
THe part about not having an officer on duty is just... mean!!! the process is stressful enough, and I suppose he was trying to humor you a little, but well...

Good luck for your job, glad that they decided to wait for you!
Sweden

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Sweden said:
Congrats!! :) and Welcome to Canada as a PR - well done! it has been a long journey indeed, and I mean not only today! :)
THe part about not having an officer on duty is just... mean!!! the process is stressful enough, and I suppose he was trying to humor you a little, but well...

Good luck for your job, glad that they decided to wait for you!
Sweden
Thanks Sweden! Thanks for all your great advice too. The first question I ever posted in here was answered by you! :D

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....