+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
YAY Ecas says we're IN PROCESS finally! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
katelynlc said:
YAY Ecas says we're IN PROCESS finally! :)
Good sign! I've updated the spreadsheet - once they receive the extra docs, hopefully it will go fast! :)

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone :),

I'm sponsoring my husband and daughter from London. We received our sponsorship approval email on the 13th December, then on the 10th April my husband was asked to provide some additional personal history information which we sent off the next day. ECAS changed to 'In process' on the 12th April and it said that our medical results had been received. So my question is... although they say to allow four months for them to look at the additional information we sent, how much longer, in reality, is it likely to be 'til my husband and daughter receive their COPR? We're hoping to move to Canada on the 12th June and it would be great if we could book one-way tickets! :D

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
MandyRobertson said:
Hi everyone :),

I'm sponsoring my husband and daughter from London. We received our sponsorship approval email on the 13th December, then on the 10th April my husband was asked to provide some additional personal history information which we sent off the next day. ECAS changed to 'In process' on the 12th April and it said that our medical results had been received. So my question is... although they say to allow four months for them to look at the additional information we sent, how much longer, in reality, is it likely to be 'til my husband and daughter receive their COPR? We're hoping to move to Canada on the 12th June and it would be great if we could book one-way tickets! :D
If you take a look at this spreadsheet which is made up of several Forum users you will see people which are a similar timeline to yourself

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvI5l_hMO7UKdHc2LUJuZ2Itcld2Vk1WR25GeVZxYVE#gid=0

It is hard to say how long it will take them to process the additional information that you have provided, there are so many different factors to take into account. They have had the information for nearly 4 weeks so it maybe possible that COPR is on its way soon.

You could send a Case Specific Enquiry through their website and ask. Your not guranteed an answer but a lot of people do get a reply as long as you stick to one question.

Good Luck

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
Ok I have now seen my COPR and I guess I have to believe this process is almost done!
They sent mine as registered mail and my mailing address was not updated so I had to scan an authorization to my parents so that they could get it from the post office since I'm in Canada.
Can someone please update the spreadsheet? The decision was made on April 23rd (which explains why the border officer asked me if I was landing, it wasn't a trick question after all!).

And thank you all for the advice, support and help! I do have another question though...when you flagpole, what do you say to US immigration (whoops, meant US CBP, not immigration!)? I mean I don't have a job at the moment, will it be a problem? I read here about administrative refusal but if it affects ESTA I'd rather not do that.

Congratulations to everybody who got DM and I hope everyone else gets theirs soon too, especially those who have waited for a long time!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Admin refusal doesn't affect ESTA. All you have to say to US immigration is "I'm flagpoling",they are very familiar with the process and won't cause you any trouble for it. When my partner and I went for him to land, the US officer took one look at us and said "Flagpoling?" :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
m_and_m said:
Ok I have now seen my COPR and I guess I have to believe this process is almost done!
They sent mine as registered mail and my mailing address was not updated so I had to scan an authorization to my parents so that they could get it from the post office since I'm in Canada.
Can someone please update the spreadsheet? The decision was made on April 23rd (which explains why the border officer asked me if I was landing, it wasn't a trick question after all!).

And thank you all for the advice, support and help! I do have another question though...when you flagpole, what do you say to US immigration? I mean I don't have a job at the moment, will it be a problem? I read here about administrative refusal but if it affects ESTA I'd rather not do that.

Congratulations to everybody who got DM and I hope everyone else gets theirs soon too, especially those who have waited for a long time!
if you can, avoid the admin refusal. Because if you do get that, you will have to declare every time that you go to the US that you have been refused once, and explain one. Just a pain. With your EU passport, it won't be a problem. US and Canada officers see people flagpoling everyday, they're not worried... they know you're coming back to Canada! after all what you've been through :)

Grattis! congrats on the COPR - and good luck on the landing, but that's the easiest part by far! I'll update the spreadsheet right away!
Sweden

m_and_m

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-01-2013
Med's Done....
08-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2013
LANDED..........
04-06-2013
Thank you canuck_in_uk and Sweden! :)

I thought there's a question about previous refusals when you fill out the ESTA form? I'm not sure though, of course administrative refusal would be the easiest thing to do but I wouldn't want any problems with ESTA in the future! My husband and I are thinking of maybe visiting some place in the States for the weekend and on our way back to Canada I'd land as PR. But we're not sure so we have to think about it. I just think that "Hi, yes I have no job and I'd just like to visit your country for a few hours and I swear I'll go back to Canada" doesn't sound that good :D Oh well, we'll see, I still have to wait for the COPR to get here :)

And thank you for updating the spreadsheet Sweden :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
m_and_m said:
Thank you canuck_in_uk and Sweden! :)

I thought there's a question about previous refusals when you fill out the ESTA form? I'm not sure though, of course administrative refusal would be the easiest thing to do but I wouldn't want any problems with ESTA in the future! My husband and I are thinking of maybe visiting some place in the States for the weekend and on our way back to Canada I'd land as PR. But we're not sure so we have to think about it. I just think that "Hi, yes I have no job and I'd just like to visit your country for a few hours and I swear I'll go back to Canada" doesn't sound that good :D Oh well, we'll see, I still have to wait for the COPR to get here :)

And thank you for updating the spreadsheet Sweden :)
it all depends on how you present it! :) instead, you could say : I just got my PR approved, and I want to celebrate by spending a week end in the US, and I will land on the way back. You're traveling with your husband, he has a job, and you have proofs that you will land as a PR on the way back, it's highly unlikely that you will be given troubles. Also because : as it is now, you're not allowed to work in Canada, so not having a job is not a bad thing : it just show that you were a tourist, and respecting the terms of your visa : not working...
Admin refusal should be more the "last option" for you, as you will have to declare it later on every time you go to the US... there is a question on the ESTA indeed. It's mostly an option for people that are in Canada but do require a visa to go to the US, and just want to land without having to go through the trouble of getting a US visa - but it's not your case.
Good luck!
Sweden

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Hm if I'd known the administrative refusal was going to be a bother I would've properly entered the US when landing. Oh well, it's no biggie, but the US border agents sure make entering the country a pain as it is, even without further complication. My wife's family go to the states a fair amount and they usually drive (even when going to Florida!) so if I'm ever tagging along I won't need to worry about an ESTA at least.

Does it ever 'expire' or drop off their records, or would I always have to mention it?

I'm glad this was brought up, I wouldn't have thought to declare it! :p

Binga

Mar 19, 2012
Sweden said:
Welcome back to Canada! :) since the interview went well and it went in process, it shouldn't be long until your wife get her passport request. Final stage of the application - you're almost done!
Good luck with the final wait,
Sweden
Hey guys

Me too stll waiting after the interview, going to our third week. I think I am going to email them. I can t hold my self anymore!

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
I don't agree that flagpoling will cause issues when crossing the border in future (based on research and calling a US immigration office). It's an administrative refusal, not a "real" refusal and doesn't need to be declared when you cross the border in future. Declaring your administrative refusal will potentially cause you a delay when you cross the border so don't mention it.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
I just got the ESTA. I'm not sure if you can use it at a land border, but I think they give you another form if you have it so you don't have to get the admin refusal. I think baruderu is right - it's not a "real" refusal but I still don't want it.

The ESTA I think was ten dollars or something, it took five minutes to fill out the form online, and it was issued immediately. I didn't even have to print it!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
rebecassss said:
I just got the ESTA. I'm not sure if you can use it at a land border, but I think they give you another form if you have it so you don't have to get the admin refusal. I think baruderu is right - it's not a "real" refusal but I still don't want it.

The ESTA I think was ten dollars or something, it took five minutes to fill out the form online, and it was issued immediately. I didn't even have to print it!
ESTA is only necessary for flying and taking a cruise ship through the US, not for land borders :) but it's always good to have one...
Good luck!
Sweden