+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Immigration007 said:
They seem to mess up on typing or something. I asked for a change of address and it was totaly wrong after.
I sent another email saying it was wrong n they fixed it.
Maybe try the same.
Hey there,

I am not too sure why there would now be a home address of "British Columbia, Canada" and to the right of that, my mailing address. I did not ask for an address change?

David

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Efoglady said:
COPR arrived today! I dislike how it has gotten creased though, they really need to use cardboard in that envelope. Oh well, cant complain!

Thank you Immigration007, best of luck with your interview next week.
Thanks!

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
Korma said:
I have a question regarding OHIP - does the 3 month waiting period start from the date I landed, or the date I apply? For example, if I waited another 2 months to apply, would it come into effect 1 month after then, or 3 months? From how the website words it, I take it the waiting period starts from my landing date, but I just thought I'd confirm with some of you very clever people!
It's supposed to start from the date on your COPR but that is rarely the case. They are more likely to go by the date you landed. You can try to argue this point (we tried but the woman wouldn't listen and just pointed at her form which said "landing date" or something similar). OHIP website and call centre both told me it was date of COPR yet the form states landing date. Clever...

Just another example of the inconsistencies with which they apply the "rules". :mad:

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Efoglady said:
!!! DECISION MADE !!! ;D

App received: Oct 5, 2012
Sponsor approved: Oct 31, 2012
Started processing: April 12, 2013
Decision made: April 15, 2013

A few questions:
Has anyone requested their file to be sent back? Would I have to pay the postage fee? I wouldnt mind at least having my police certificate back, as it was my only original.

Also, how long after getting DM can you still order the GCMS notes? I'm just curious as to what they thought about us.

Now I can stop obsessing over ECAS and I can start packing and get flight booked!

Thanks for all the helpful information and for keeping me sane during my increasingly impatient wait (although i have felt like going insane sometimes hoping for my turn to be next!)
Congratulations!

Efoglady

Mar 27, 2013
Thank you Merveille!

(Btw, for extra info for the spreadsheet, I'm married and sponsor approved 31 Oct, not that a day makes a diff - for the spreadsheet's sake, it's probably better for statistics as it is!).

SG81

Apr 15, 2013
I'm very new to the workings of a forum, so please let me know if I should be posting elsewhere!
I'm marrying my Canadia fiance this July. I'm Scottish, he's from Northern Ontario.
There seems to be SO much information to get through, it's quite daunting.
We're really not looking forward to being apart when married, but I have work commitments over here, as does he over there.
We were trying to decide whether to apply outland or outland for my visa once married. My fear is that if I stayed after we married (we're marrying in Northern Ontario when i'm there for a holiday this summer), it would take up to 2 years for my visa, and in this time I wouldn't be able to come home to see my family - nor would I be able to work. Does anyone know which is the best route to take? Outland or inland?
We thought outland would be better, what with the processing times being 9 months.. but to not be able to live together as man and wife in this time really gets us down (we're keen to start a family as soon as we've set up home together) as we can only see each other every couple of months in this time.
I really have no idea where to start! He'll be my spousal sponsor, but apart from this we don't know what to fill out, what fees we'll need to pay, or what happens during he full process.
Anyone who has been through this, I'd love it if you could explain the process, application, and fees - just so we know what to expect.
Has anyone had to wait longer than 9 months? (i hate the thought of this happening!)
The other thing we wondered was.. has anyone applied outland, then changed their mind and waited out inland for the visa to be processed here, returning for medical and interview?
I hope this makes sense! As I said... SO much to consider, and i'd love to be able to do this without playing the fees of an immigration lawyer

Thanks everyone x

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Hi all,

Can you please add us to the spreadsheet - have tried but seems to be protected.

Its Common-law - Outland.

Sponsorship received 22nd march
Approved 16th April

Now for the next stage - London :)

Good luck all,
Lee.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
So this is a bit out of left field, but does anyone around here have or know anyone who has photoshop skills? I want a poster made and it's too advanced for me, but should only take around 20mins for someone who knows what they're doing. PM me if you do. Thanks :)

Also, congrats on stage one!

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
davidmarsden38 said:
Hey there,

I am not too sure why there would now be a home address of "British Columbia, Canada" and to the right of that, my mailing address. I did not ask for an address change?

David
If I'm not mistaken, the addition of a home address section means your application is now being looked at. You could be on your way to decision made very soon :)

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
SG81 said:
I'm very new to the workings of a forum, so please let me know if I should be posting elsewhere!
I'm marrying my Canadia fiance this July. I'm Scottish, he's from Northern Ontario.
There seems to be SO much information to get through, it's quite daunting.
We're really not looking forward to being apart when married, but I have work commitments over here, as does he over there.
We were trying to decide whether to apply outland or outland for my visa once married. My fear is that if I stayed after we married (we're marrying in Northern Ontario when i'm there for a holiday this summer), it would take up to 2 years for my visa, and in this time I wouldn't be able to come home to see my family - nor would I be able to work. Does anyone know which is the best route to take? Outland or inland?
We thought outland would be better, what with the processing times being 9 months.. but to not be able to live together as man and wife in this time really gets us down (we're keen to start a family as soon as we've set up home together) as we can only see each other every couple of months in this time.
I really have no idea where to start! He'll be my spousal sponsor, but apart from this we don't know what to fill out, what fees we'll need to pay, or what happens during he full process.
Anyone who has been through this, I'd love it if you could explain the process, application, and fees - just so we know what to expect.
Has anyone had to wait longer than 9 months? (i hate the thought of this happening!)
The other thing we wondered was.. has anyone applied outland, then changed their mind and waited out inland for the visa to be processed here, returning for medical and interview?
I hope this makes sense! As I said... SO much to consider, and i'd love to be able to do this without playing the fees of an immigration lawyer

Thanks everyone x
Hi SG81 - welcome to the forum!

You're in the right place! Although if you want you could create your own topic for your questions - it's up to you. The advantage to asking here is that you're asking people who are applying through the same VO (visa office), so answers would be tailored to you a bit more.

Anyway, I'll try and answer a few of your questions.

For starters, if you apply inland you're faced with a longer wait for the entire process to be complete. I believe it's currently around 18 months? You're also not meant to leave the country during this entire time from what I understand, otherwise your application is void.

I'd certainly say that applying outland is the way to go. The wait time is a lot shorter and you're more than welcome to visit - emphasis visit, you can't 'live' in Canada during this time. Some people like myself visit for almost, or all of the entire application process. So I was in Canada with my wife pretty much the entire time. The only disadvantage is that I wasn't able to work, so she was supporting us both.

The 9 month processing time for stage 2 is how long it takes London to process 80% of their applications, so many applications are processed much quicker - my application was just recently approved and it took roughly 5 months in total. The thing is, the London VO processes applications from countries other to those in the UK, many of those aren't visa exempt, so those applications take longer than ours, and in turn push the overall average up. It's not as bad as it looks!

If you're a UK citizen and your application doesn't have any complications (such as previously being deported from Canada, any criminal activity, etc.), you could probably expect the entire process to take about 6 months, maybe a little more if things slow down.

There is a fair amount of paperwork to do, unfortunately. Depending on how much evidence of your relationship you choose to submit, it might take you a while to get it all together. Again, if you're a UK citizen, you don't have to go too over the top with supplying evidence of your relationship as there's less reason to enter a fraudulent marriage just to get into Canada than someone from a poorer or country currently in war. Just supply what you can!

---

So you can find all the paperwork you need to fill in here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp

There are two stages to the application. Stage 1 is about your sponsor (the person you're marrying who is a citizen or PR of Canada), so your SO will fill these forms in generally (although you have to sign one of them as the applicant, from what I remember). This is just general information about your sponsor's family, education, travel history, any criminal convictions, employment history, etc.

Stage 2 will be your set of forms to complete. It's a bit more in depth than the forms in stage 1 and will ask you all sorts of questions about your life and your relationship with your sponsor.

It's probably best to have a read of them all and try and soak it all in. It's a lot to take, though! You'll likely have a lot of questions that only crop up when you come to fill in all the forms. When that happens just come here and ask, that's what I did :).

Don't forget to check out part 3 of that page - click the appropriate geographical region (again, assuming you're applying through London, West Europe would be the one to click). The PDF it opens will give you a checklist of everything you need to send as part of part 2 (there's additional stuff like photos and copies of birth certificates, etc. you need to send as well as the forms). I can't remember where the checklist for part 1 is! :p

Again, have a read of it all and ask from there!

---

Once you've got everything together, you'll send your forms and documents to your SO in Canada. He or she will then bundle it all together with their forms and documents to form a complete application (parts 1 and 2). Your SO will send everything to the office in Mississauga, who will process stage 1 sponsor approval, which will take around 15-30 days normally. Once sponsor approval is done, they forward your application to London who put it in a pile and let it gather dust for a few months!

In total, all application fees come to $1,040 I think.

Here's a tip - if you can, do your medical in Canada. It's about half the price of what they charge in England! You can get your medical done anywhere in the world, as long as it's done at an approved physician (there's a list of them all on the CIC website somewhere, but where it is exactly escapes me). Bear in mind though that once your medical is done, you have to submit it alongside your application within 3 months, otherwise you'll have to do another. Medicals are valid for a year, but have to be submitted within 3 months.

---

I hope I've not thrown too much information at you. There's plenty more I could say! Please feel free to ask any more questions.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
davidmarsden38 said:
Hey there,

David
Congrats David!! The addition of the home address in that format means that you should be changing to Decision Made pretty quick! CIC adds that field on their own when they decide that you are allowed to come to Canada ;)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Immigration007 said:
Ohh ok.. That info helps!
And thanks i hope it goes well too..

Anyone know any cheap places to stay in sweden? This place seems very expensive..
It is very expensive. Have a look at hostels instead of hotels, much cheaper http://www.hostelworld.com/search?city=Stockholm&country=Sweden

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
canuck_in_uk said:
Congrats David!! The addition of the home address in that format means that you should be changing to Decision Made pretty quick! CIC adds that field on their own when they decide that you are allowed to come to Canada ;)
It seems to be positive news in the world of visas for me. I just received my new work visa and so the job hunt began yesterday and now some activity on my PR application.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Let's hope I can get this part of my life out the way!

Cheers,

David

Binga

Mar 19, 2012
Hi Immigration007

My wife is going to do the interview as well in Sweden, I cant send any PM lol sorry , still Under 10 post but I ll be updating you and everyone ! I think this forum is amazing place. Anyone can profite of these info.

Congrats to all !

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
davidmarsden38 said:
It seems to be positive news in the world of visas for me. I just received my new work visa and so the job hunt began yesterday and now some activity on my PR application.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Let's hope I can get this part of my life out the way!

Cheers,

David
My partner's changed to Decision Made the day after the home address was added, this seems to be pretty standard for most people. So check ECAS again tomorrow and let us know :)