+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scottishmaple said:
Congratulation, spreadsheet has been updated!
Hey Scottishmaple,

I've had a look at the formulas in the spreadsheet and corrected a few errors. Now if you copy them into your row, it should work. However - as long as you don't have a date in the DM column, it will read negative (something like -41 641 ), but if you want to calculate how long it has been, then you can input today's date on the DM column, then copy in the blue part, and then it should work... I'll work on a better formula (with conditions etc) later on, but for now, it should do! :)
Hope you hear really soon,
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
So.. I just spent the last hour catching up on everything I missed!!
Congrats to everyone who has gotten DM, COPR and landed :D
To those still waiting, hang in there! ScottishMaple, I really hope your situation gets sorted soon, so frustrating!!
I've been so so busy with getting back to work and back to my normal routine after a loooong 9 months off!! I really feel like its not real sometimes, like it was all I thought about for so long and now I'm back to work and normality and its like it never happened!! Definitely anticlimactic!!!
I'll be keeping a close eye here making sure I'm up to date! ;D

Efoglady

Mar 27, 2013
!!! DECISION MADE !!! ;D

App received: Oct 5, 2012
Sponsor approved: Oct 31, 2012
Started processing: April 12, 2013
Decision made: April 15, 2013

A few questions:
Has anyone requested their file to be sent back? Would I have to pay the postage fee? I wouldnt mind at least having my police certificate back, as it was my only original.

Also, how long after getting DM can you still order the GCMS notes? I'm just curious as to what they thought about us.

Now I can stop obsessing over ECAS and I can start packing and get flight booked!

Thanks for all the helpful information and for keeping me sane during my increasingly impatient wait (although i have felt like going insane sometimes hoping for my turn to be next!)

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Efoglady said:
!!! DECISION MADE !!! ;D

A few questions:
Has anyone requested their file to be sent back? Would I have to pay the postage fee? I wouldnt mind at least having my police certificate back, as it was my only original.

Also, how long after getting DM can you still order the GCMS notes? I'm just curious as to what they thought about us.

Now I can stop obsessing over ECAS and I can start packing and get flight booked!

Thanks for all the helpful information and for keeping me sane during my increasingly impatient wait (although i have felt like going insane sometimes hoping for my turn to be next!)
Congratulations!!

I'd like to know about getting the file back, too. We sent them our original marriage certificate and I'd quite like it back :)

markstimson

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
File Transfer...
22-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013
Korma said:
So I'm more than a little peeved at the situation with my driver's licence. My parents wisely decided important documents would be kept in a filing cabinet, this includes the paper counterpart to my licence. They've since split and since then apparently this cabinet has disappeared and its contents dispersed, so neither know where it is now.

The DVLA won't issue a replacement with me living abroad now, so now my only option is to say I still live in the UK and have it sent to my old address and forwarded here to Canada. Surely though the person handling my licence exchange would notice that my licence was recently issued and that I've not entered Canada since that date?

Even if I do do that, I'm probably going to be waiting 2 weeks for my replacement licence.

I know this pales in comparison to some of the trouble the London VO are giving you, but it just winds me up that I trusted my parents to look after it and they just lose it. It was a big mistake on my part not to consider this before I came to Canada, so there's a lot of blame on my part too. It just annoys me :mad:
My advice would be try to exchange it again when you go to the next city for your healthcare card as you do it at the same place. I know of many people, myself included, who were not asked for the paper counterpart when maming the exchange. It varies from staff member to staff member whether they will ask for the counterpart so keep trying!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
I never got asked for the paper part when I exchanged my license. It seems only a few service agents bother. So you could go back and see if you get a different one. I'd still apply for a replacement paper license back in the UK though (they will send it no problem to a UK address). Also you can get a SIN from any Service Canada, so if one had their computer down you can just go to another one...

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Interview next wednesday.. Travelling to sweden to be with wife.. Kinda freaking out now... :s

Anyone know why i cant send a private messgae on here? Wanted to contact someone who has an interview this wednesday witht he same officer.. Would help me if i can get some info..

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Ok - I'll give it a shot in another place!

I managed to get my social insurance number today at least, that's something :). I found it somewhat humorous that the guy dealing with me was from England too.

I have a question regarding OHIP - does the 3 month waiting period start from the date I landed, or the date I apply? For example, if I waited another 2 months to apply, would it come into effect 1 month after then, or 3 months? From how the website words it, I take it the waiting period starts from my landing date, but I just thought I'd confirm with some of you very clever people!

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Immigration007 said:
Interview next wednesday.. Travelling to sweden to be with wife.. Kinda freaking out now... :s

Anyone know why i cant send a private messgae on here? Wanted to contact someone who has an interview this wednesday witht he same officer.. Would help me if i can get some info..
You need to make 10 posts to get all functionality of the forum (PMs, signatures, timelines, avatars, etc.)

Wishing you both the best of luck with the interview. I'm sure it'll be fine :).

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Korma said:
You need to make 10 posts to get all functionality of the forum (PMs, signatures, timelines, avatars, etc.)

Wishing you both the best of luck with the interview. I'm sure it'll be fine :).

Ohh ok.. That info helps!
And thanks i hope it goes well too..

Anyone know any cheap places to stay in sweden? This place seems very expensive..

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Efoglady said:
!!! DECISION MADE !!! ;D

A few questions:

Congrats!!

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Good Morning all (or afternoon for you fine folk in the UK),

I woke this morning and checked CIC and my current home address now simply says:

"5109, British Columbia, Canada".

I was wondering why this would have changed to something completely different?

Any thoughts fromt the seasoned posters?

David

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
davidmarsden38 said:
Good Morning all (or afternoon for you fine folk in the UK),

I woke this morning and checked CIC and my current home address now simply says:

"5109, British Columbia, Canada".

I was wondering why this would have changed to something completely different?

Any thoughts fromt the seasoned posters?

David
They seem to mess up on typing or something. I asked for a change of address and it was totaly wrong after.
I sent another email saying it was wrong n they fixed it.
Maybe try the same.

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Im getting really frustrated now. Why is our application taking so long? We've been in process now for almost 2 months? Ive sent numerous enquiries and i got nothing back. I just sent another one today! Could the fact that my husband is RAF be stalling it?

Efoglady

Mar 27, 2013
COPR arrived today! I dislike how it has gotten creased though, they really need to use cardboard in that envelope. Oh well, cant complain!

Thank you Immigration007, best of luck with your interview next week.