+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Merveille said:
Indeed...now I have to stalk the postman? Thanks!
it's better than obsessing over ecas ;) do you have a job waiting or what is the plan now?! I'm so jealous!!

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
SwedentoQuebec said:
it's better than obsessing over ecas ;) do you have a job waiting or what is the plan now?! I'm so jealous!!
That is true..but the best thing will be when everything is OVER! No job waiting for, haven't really applied for one either...I am not stressed yet since our son just turned 1, and the hubby is working for the two of us(poor guy,but he loves his job). The first plan is to find a " garderie" for the son, and study...but we will see. What about you..when this immigration thing is done? Hope that u are next one up!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Merveille said:
I took a break from ecas yesterday since We were out of montreal, as I logged in today I see the magical words Decision Made! I had to log in multiple times to ensure that it was what I was seeing.The home address was also there. The funny thing is that on our way home my husband told me that in his dream yesterday he was looking to rent a car to drive me over to the us boarder to LANd as a PR! What a coincidence.

Great way to start of the week!
I have a question..does it mean that the documents are already sent? I live in Montreal..how long can it take?
Awesome News....Congrats

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
DGT said:
In new and confusing news, my wife has just been offered a job in California! If I have to apply for another visa I may jump out of a window! ARGH!
An interesting twist in your immigration story.... ;D

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
I think CIC are now irritated by me....they have stopped replying to my CSE's lol

ghunter said:
Hello,

We are trying to get this in the mail, and found somewhere that we need to have a copy of my parner's birth certificate....is this true? I can't find it anywhere in the guide, but seems like lots of people sent them.

Did everyone here send their birth certificate (for the person being sponsored)??

Thanks!
Yes, it asks you for it in the documents checklist.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
CIC asked me 4 weeks ago to to help them by providing information about where and when my daughter had her medical done. I not only provided this information but I also attached a copy of her passport used for the medical and a copy of the receipt of the medical. Not only this I pretty much told there where they could possibly find her medical results.

I sent them another CSE a week ago and this is there reply....

We have not yet been able to locate (daughters name) medical results, if you could forward us details such as where and when the medical took place this would be of great help.

What am I to do?? Just keep sending them the same email over and over. They havent even read my previous response and they wont contact me for anything...we can't talk to anyone.

I am completely at a loss....

in fact im in tears

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
scottishmaple said:
CIC asked me 4 weeks ago to to help them by providing information about where and when my daughter had her medical done. I not only provided this information but I also attached a copy of her passport used for the medical and a copy of the receipt of the medical. Not only this I pretty much told there where they could possibly find her medical results.

I sent them another CSE a week ago and this is there reply....

We have not yet been able to locate (daughters name) medical results, if you could forward us details such as where and when the medical took place this would be of great help.

What am I to do?? Just keep sending them the same email over and over. They havent even read my previous response and they wont contact me for anything...we can't talk to anyone.

I am completely at a loss....

in fact im in tears
Urgh, what a nightmare.

If I were in your situation, I'd offer to do a new medical. It's probably quicker than waiting for them to send an intern down to the mailroom to glance at envelopes while he picks his nose (this is how I envision the inner workings of the CIC anyway).

I would do it in response to the email you received, and write urgent in the tagline.

As much as it would be great to give them the telling off they totally deserve, or to have them find the medicals that you already paid for, this just might be the quickest route.

I hope this gets sorted quickly for you.

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
rebecassss said:
Urgh, what a nightmare.

If I were in your situation, I'd offer to do a new medical. It's probably quicker than waiting for them to send an intern down to the mailroom to glance at envelopes while he picks his nose (this is how I envision the inner workings of the CIC anyway).

I would do it in response to the email you received, and write urgent in the tagline.

As much as it would be great to give them the telling off they totally deserve, or to have them find the medicals that you already paid for, this just might be the quickest route.

I hope this gets sorted quickly for you.
Thank you. My hubby said that if they needed her to get another medical we would just do that. I'm a little worried going down this route as I don't know how much time this would add to my timeline?!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
scottishmaple said:
Thank you. My hubby said that if they needed her to get another medical we would just do that. I'm a little worried going down this route as I don't know how much time this would add to my timeline?!
I think that if you warn them that they're coming, and let it be known (politely lol) that losing the other ones was unacceptable they'll probably push it through quicker. So time will be added for getting the medical and posting it out, but other than that I think they'll probably be right on top of it, and altogether is probably quicker than waiting around for them to decide to look for the old one whenever they feel like it.

elmo11

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt!
ghunter said:
Hello,

We are trying to get this in the mail, and found somewhere that we need to have a copy of my parner's birth certificate....is this true? I can't find it anywhere in the guide, but seems like lots of people sent them.

Did everyone here send their birth certificate (for the person being sponsored)??

Thanks!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf

You only need to if your partner is co-signing on the application.

elmo11 ^^

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
elmo11 said:

elmo11 ^^
Thank you!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
elmo11 said:

elmo11 ^^
There is also a request for a birth certificate in the London Immigrant Checklist...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scottishmaple said:
Why is it that when I am calculating DM days on the spreadsheet with the formula (just copying the formula) it is coming up as a negative number? Are my settings different from others maybe? It is doing it to me all the time...
I'll have a look at it tonight, and I'll try and fix it.
Hopefully London finds your medicals soon!
Fingers crossed,
Sweden

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Maple - almost certainly email them back and let them know you have been through all this before. Ask for it to be escalated to a manager because you are starting to get really concerned. I would probably volunteer to do another medical but don't do one until they've contacted you in response to this email.

Just email them something like 'I contacted you on XXX date to give you the information that you are requesting and I am now starting to get concerned that this issue continues to be unresolved. I would appreciate it if you could escalate my case to a manager or someone more senior to take a look at. I am willing to help provide you with whatever is necessary to help you find this paperwork or even go through another medical - but I would be concerned that the latter option would add considerable time on to my application. You can contact me by email on XXX or telephone on XXX.'

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Merveille said:
I took a break from ecas yesterday since We were out of montreal, as I logged in today I see the magical words Decision Made! I had to log in multiple times to ensure that it was what I was seeing.The home address was also there. The funny thing is that on our way home my husband told me that in his dream yesterday he was looking to rent a car to drive me over to the us boarder to LANd as a PR! What a coincidence.

Great way to start of the week!
I have a question..does it mean that the documents are already sent? I live in Montreal..how long can it take?
Congrats! I would guess 7-9 days. It appears from the timelines around here that you usually go to DM after your COPR has been posted (hence why some people in the UK get their COPR before ECAS changes to DM) so it is most likely already on the way.