+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Thanks everyone! It really is an awesome way to start the weekend :D

Have fun at landing, Korma!

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
SwedentoQuebec said:
Merveille , whats the update on your case? No DM??
Nopp,No DM yet...but our medicals has been extended for another 12 months (happy that we don't have to re-do it). Have you got any update?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
KatieandHarry said:
WOW, MY COPR JUST ARRIVED !!! I ONLY GOT DM 2 MINUTES AGO !! MADNESS !! EVEN THE POSTMAN WINKED AT ME WHILST I WAS SIGNING AND SAID "GOOD LUCK" HAHA! SO HAPPY!

THIS FORUM HAS BEEN SUCH A LIFE SAVER.

CAN I ASK ONE LAST QUESTION TO EVERYONE?! MY DAUGHTERS CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE ARRIVED YESTERDAY ... WE WERE PLANNING ON HER TRAVELLING IN ON HER BRITISH PASSPORT AND APPLYING FOR A CANADIAN PASSPORT OUT THERE AS WE ARE PRESSED FOR TIME. DO YOU THINK THIS WILL BE OK WITH IMMIGRATION?? THAT SHE IS NOT ON MY COPR (BECAUSE SHE IS NOW CONSIDERED A CITIZEN). SO TRAVELLING OUT ON BRITISH PASSPORT AND PRESENTING CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP CERTIFICATE AT IMMIGRATION? I CAN'T SEE WHY NOT, JUST WANTED TO RUN IT BY YOU BEFORE I CAN CELEBRATE! :D SWEDEN WHAT DO YOU THINK ;)
I'm honestly not sure! but since she is visa-exempt she should not have trouble getting onto the plane... then at the border they should be able to look her up in the system? not sure all canadians are registered, I think only PRs are? so I'm not sure that you would be able to prove to the border officer that she is Canadian, but not sure it matters either... as she should be allowed into the country... not sure what your timeline for landing is, but you might want to contact London and see how long it would take to get her passport done - there are some fast procedures, in Canada it takes 10 days, so maybe they have something similar in London.
Worth checking with them I would say!
Congrats on getting the DM and the COPR on the same day! :)
Sweden

davidmarsden38

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-10-2013 (extended)
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hello all,

Well this weekend shall mostly consist of driving down to the BC and Washington border and getting a brand new working visa! Although my PR is being processed, and shall be for quite some time, I can at least start looking for work here in Vancouver again in the meantime.

Congratulations to everyone who is hearing something from CIC!

Have a magical weekend!

David

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Merveille said:
Nopp,No DM yet...but our medicals has been extended for another 12 months (happy that we don't have to re-do it). Have you got any update?
no no update for me neither :( I'm starting to get so bored! God news on your Medicals it means things are moving at least !!

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
SwedentoQuebec said:
no no update for me neither :( I'm starting to get so bored! God news on your Medicals it means things are moving at least !!
I know the feeling, I am lucky to have a 1 year old that keeps me busy. I got an email saying they will proceed to finalize the application....but I do not want to be dissapointed..so I just trying to be patient. Well...try to meet people and do a lot of activities (shopping) to keep you busy...or volunteer. Hope it goes fast or you. Lycka till!

Efoglady

Mar 27, 2013
When I wasn't working, I would literally be refreshing this forum and getting my hopes up whenever someone else got DM. Since I've been working (still in the UK, which makes it worse-can't even be with hubby), I have less time to obsess about my file, but I'm still hoping any day now I'll get that good news..

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Efoglady said:
When I wasn't working, I would literally be refreshing this forum and getting my hopes up whenever someone else got DM. Since I've been working (still in the UK, which makes it worse-can't even be with hubby), I have less time to obsess about my file, but I'm still hoping any day now I'll get that good news..
I thought going back to work would help me and it would pass the time...it didn't work. I don't like my job......lol

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Sweden said:
I think you could also ask your husband to investigate with his MP... to see if he can get some more information.
Does anyone know how I can go about doing this and what is the best way?

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
scottishmaple said:
Does anyone know how I can go about doing this and what is the best way?
I wondered about this, too. I think you literally just call their office (you can find all the information here http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parlinfo/Compilations/HouseOfCommons/MemberByPostalCode.aspx?Menu=HOC ) or email them and go from there. I'm curious to hear from someone who has actually done it though.

elmo11

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt!
Hey Everyone,

Regarding the RPRF, so after I paid it and I got the receipt and just replied to the email they had sent. However, being so excited to hear from them I didn't actually fill in any of the information boxes.

So should I fill it in and just send them another reply? I was also thinking I'd sent a CSE just to make sure they've gotten it. I really don't want this to delay anything.

Also, I remember Sweden talking about how you should send the receipt to both London and Mississauga, is that the case?

Thanks for all the help in advance.

elmo11 ^^

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
elmo11 said:
Hey Everyone,

Regarding the RPRF, so after I paid it and I got the receipt and just replied to the email they had sent. However, being so excited to hear from them I didn't actually fill in any of the information boxes.

So should I fill it in and just send them another reply? I was also thinking I'd sent a CSE just to make sure they've gotten it. I really don't want this to delay anything.

Also, I remember Sweden talking about how you should send the receipt to both London and Mississauga, is that the case?

Hey, that's what I've done. The first time I sent the email with receipt they said they didn't receive it once I followed up a week later with an email to see if they got it. I'd recommend you email them to see. I had to resend it again, even though I have mailed them direct as well. Anyways bottom line, send them as many emails as you want.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
elmo11 said:
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for all the help in advance.

elmo11 ^^
ONly Mississauga can see that the payment has arrived. So you should send them the receipt by email, so they can match it to your file and confirm that they have received the money. Email the receipt to London to let them know it's done and then they can get the confirmation from Mississauga that the money has actually arrived.
Good luck!
Sweden

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Well I landed yesterday! Despite the fact my wife and I were the only ones in the US border waiting room for a large portion of our wait, it took them ages just to turn us around.

It was a very anticlimactic affair coming back and landing. I handed over my forms and passport, waited a few minutes, the lady asked if I'd had any criminal convictions or been made to leave the country, I signed, she signed, done!

My copy of the COPR was stapled in my passport and the lady confirmed that while I'm waiting for my PR card to arrive, I can use that to get into Canada fine by land (but not by air as the air staff aren't trained to read the form - not that it would matter for me as I'm visa exempt).

I am so amazed that an idiot like me managed to fill in all the forms and include all necessary documentation for my application to their satisfaction. This time 7ish months ago I was buried in papers and had no clue what I was doing! ;D

We'll hopefully be getting my SIN and exchange my driver's licence next week.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Korma said:
Well I landed yesterday! Despite the fact my wife and I were the only ones in the US border waiting room for a large portion of our wait, it took them ages just to turn us around.

It was a very anticlimactic affair coming back and landing. I handed over my forms and passport, waited a few minutes, the lady asked if I'd had any criminal convictions or been made to leave the country, I signed, she signed, done!

My copy of the COPR was stapled in my passport and the lady confirmed that while I'm waiting for my PR card to arrive, I can use that to get into Canada fine by land (but not by air as the air staff aren't trained to read the form - not that it would matter for me as I'm visa exempt).

I am so amazed that an idiot like me managed to fill in all the forms and include all necessary documentation for my application to their satisfaction. This time 7ish months ago I was buried in papers and had no clue what I was doing! ;D

We'll hopefully be getting my SIN and exchange my driver's licence next week.
Congrats and welcome to Canada as a PR! :) glad to hear it all went smoothly at the border... The card should come in about a month, more or less... but the only thing you really need to COPR for is to get the SIN, after that I have never been asked for my COPR... now it's somewhere in a safe, because apparently whenever you want to claim a pension, later on, that's the only paper that says when you landed exactly! that's what the lady at Service Canada told me when I went to get my SIN...
Sweden