+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
jaytir said:
Hi All,
First time posting here. Was curious whether people think I should contact London for an update on my application?
Is it worthwhile to potentially speed the process or along or do you think it will bother them to get in touch. I'd like to just confirm that the app has reached London and to see whether they've started working on it, i.e. a change to 'In Progress'.

We got sponsor approval on 28th Nov. We're row 119 in the 2012 sheet of London vo spreadsheet v2. At the moment on ECAS it just says application received on 15th Oct and medical results have been received too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot
J
Welcome, J.

They ask that you don't contact them unless you're providing new information regarding your application, or it's sat in London for 6 months. There's nothing to stop you asking, but they likely won't reply, and if they did you'd likely get a generic 'we have your application and it's in the works' type message. Even when 6 months has elapsed, that's probably the message they'll give you too!

The office doesn't seem to process applications in the exact order it gets to them (judging by the spreadsheet), but they are roughly done in order. If all goes well, you should be in line to start having your application looked at very soon.

If by the 6 month mark you haven't seen any movement, that's when I'd send them a message. That's what I was preparing to do, but my application was picked up before then.

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
jaytir said:
Hi All,
First time posting here. Was curious whether people think I should contact London for an update on my application?
Is it worthwhile to potentially speed the process or along or do you think it will bother them to get in touch. I'd like to just confirm that the app has reached London and to see whether they've started working on it, i.e. a change to 'In Progress'.

We got sponsor approval on 28th Nov. We're row 119 in the 2012 sheet of London vo spreadsheet v2. At the moment on ECAS it just says application received on 15th Oct and medical results have been received too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot
J
I am a rather cynical sod when it comes to things like the postal service or competence of government functions. In addition, I had not received my own UCI number, which I rather wanted. So, I e-mailed them Easter Monday to check they had received my package, and received an e-mail 2 days later saying yes, and that it was waiting to be processed, along with my UCI. Peace of mind and all that, so go for it.

AfShe

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Hi again everyone,

I have an update FINALLY (Thank GOD)

My husband has been asked to redo medicals as his first one expired in January. Does anyone know how long it takes to get to "Passport Request" stage after we send them the new medical result??

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
I'd apply the following rules to emailing London:

- If others around you on the spreadsheet (those in particular who got sponsor approval after you) are getting to 'In Progress' or 'DM' then send London an email to check they received your file ok and there have been no issues here.
- If your application has changed to 'In Progress' at London and you haven't heard anything within a week then email them.
- If you sent some additional forms/info in and haven't heard anything since doing so, email them about 10 days after the forms were received. Keep emailing them every 10 days to check they are actually doing something and the application isn't sitting idle (this is basically what happened to me). I mean literally every 10 days. From personal experience I can tell you how much I regret not doing this.

I'd say these are pretty good guidelines to ensure you're not emailing London unnecessary whilst also covering you in the case that London is making mistakes/forgetting about files (which happens from time to time).

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
michty6 said:
I'd apply the following rules to emailing London:

- If others around you on the spreadsheet (those in particular who got sponsor approval after you) are getting to 'In Progress' or 'DM' then send London an email to check they received your file ok and there have been no issues here.
- If your application has changed to 'In Progress' at London and you haven't heard anything within a week then email them.
- If you sent some additional forms/info in and haven't heard anything since doing so, email them about 10 days after the forms were received. Keep emailing them every 10 days to check they are actually doing something and the application isn't sitting idle (this is basically what happened to me). I mean literally every 10 days. From personal experience I can tell you how much I regret not doing this.

I'd say these are pretty good guidelines to ensure you're not emailing London unnecessary whilst also covering you in the case that London is making mistakes/forgetting about files (which happens from time to time).
You think ten days is a good rule of thumb? They got my fingerprints 2 weeks ago and I've started to get a bit antsy about it. I emailed them when they first received them to confirm they had them, but they didn't respond (which is unusual because they've been great about replying to me). I thought bugging them now might be a bit premature but I really don't like the thought of my file just sitting idly. What do you think?

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
rebecassss said:
You think ten days is a good rule of thumb? They got my fingerprints 2 weeks ago and I've started to get a bit antsy about it. I emailed them when they first received them to confirm they had them, but they didn't respond (which is unusual because they've been great about replying to me). I thought bugging them now might be a bit premature but I really don't like the thought of my file just sitting idly. What do you think?
2 weeks is long enough to suggest that your file could be just sitting around with nobody doing anything. I'd send them a polite follow up email.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
michty6 said:
2 weeks is long enough to suggest that your file could be just sitting around with nobody doing anything. I'd send them a polite follow up email.
OK done. Thanks for the help :)

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
rebecassss said:
I agree with Mitchy...email them..I emailed a week ago they responded the day after..and today as a woke up the emailed me again to give me an update,although they already responded my email. So do nt hesitate email them.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Merveille said:
I agree with Mitchy...email them..I emailed a week ago they responded the day after..and today as a woke up the emailed me again to give me an update,although they already responded my email. So do nt hesitate email them.
They've actually been really good about getting back to me. The last time I emailed them was the only time they didn't respond, and I think that made me a bit anxious about bugging them again. The time before that I emailed them and went in process two days later.

Hopefully they'll get back to me this time (with a DM lol).

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
jaytir said:
Hi All,

Any thoughts?

Thanks a lot
J

We got sponsor approval on Nov 26th so I feel your pain! At least yours says you have medical results received... ours only says "We have recieved XX's application for permanent residency on Nov 16 2012". Yes that is from memory lol.

Let me know what you end up doing because we're getting antsy over here too :)

Thanks!
Kate

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
AfShe said:
Hi again everyone,

I have an update FINALLY (Thank GOD)

My husband has been asked to redo medicals as his first one expired in January. Does anyone know how long it takes to get to "Passport Request" stage after we send them the new medical result??
Great to see some movement on your file! It's difficult to know how long it will take, because it depends on how far they are on the background checks, but they must be near the end, as they are asking for another medicals... Most people report that it takes somewhere between 2 to 3 weeks to receive the results of the re-meds, then it depends what else is missing for your file. But it's a good sign for sure!
Good luck,
Sweden
katelynlc said:
Hi guys!
I was added to the spreadsheet once ago, but I think with all of the issues there was that I disappeared? All my info is to the left :)

Thanks!
OK I'll add you!

SwedentoQuebec

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Stockholm/Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Med's Done....
10-10-2012
Korma said:
Thanks Rebeca!

Ecas changed to DM on the 4th danny.
congratulations Korma!! I'm so jealous that you got yours so fast but it also means I get to see some red closer to me on the spread sheet ;) crossing my fingers!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
Hello,

I have a quick question about Form 5490 Question 27. My boyfriend and I have lived together since mid 2010, but only became a couple late 2011.

In asking when we cohabited together, should we start when we initially moved in together, or just from when we started dating??

Thanks!

mickmerf1

Jan 3, 2013
Hi everyone can somebody update the spreadsheet for me please, Decision made 27th March, COPR received 30th March. Flights are booked and we will be landing on 13th May, 3 adults 1 dog and lots of suitcases, HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone that contributes to this thread mainly Sweden for being such a massive source of information and having the patience of a saint :D hope you all get the good news that you all deserve, and may I wish you all a very happy DM,
Thanks everyone ;D ;D ;D ;D