+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
specialdiablo said:
So about an hour ago i was reading the Forum (which i do several times a week), i don't comment often but it makes me feel better reading it ;)
Today the doorbell rang mid read and our COPR was delivered!
Best Day Ever.
We intend to flagpole tomorrow at 1000 Island border cause it's prettier than Niagara.
Process was 8 months once application was sent. Total a little over 2 years from when he moved here.
:D :D :D
What a great surprise!! Congratulations!! 1000 islands is always the border we cross, it's lovely!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Immigration007 said:
She was born in norway so her Norwegian is great. And the officer told me that he understands and can communicate in Norwegian.. So maybe i shudnt bother getting one?
Your suggestions?

To All,
Also, I am looking for possible questions they might Ask???
And would it help if i go with her for the interview? Cause im assuming the reason for the interview is they have doubts about our marriage..
If she speaks norwegian then she won't need an translator... swedish and norwegian are close enough that it's easy to understand (oral version, written swedish is a bit trickier for norwegians), so she will be fine.
If you're in Norway and want to go with her - then yes, I think it is a good idea. You might not be allowed in the room with her, but you showing up with her for the interview is a good sign of course. Type of questions are usually about your history, where you have been to school, if she has met your family etc. basically - any information that was in your application she should know about. She can also prepare additional proofs of communication since the application was filed, until now. Any communication, and if you went to visit her, then she should take that as well. If you went on holidays somewhere, etc.
Lykke til!
Sweden

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
scottishmaple said:
Not sure if you have one in your area but 'Mail Boxes etc' were helpful they told me that I could ship my daughters bike (might need to take the wheels off to fit into the box). They said for a 30lb box it would cost £100

http://www.mbe.co.uk/pack_ship/
THANKS ScottishMaple! :) Thats great!

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
mic_midd86 said:
I'm flying air transit in a few weeks...its £20 for a bike and £65 for an extra bag, so depending how much stuff you have you could just take it with you.
Were flying iceland air in june! Im going to contact them to see!! Thanks alot !

Lee J

Feb 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30th April 2013
specialdiablo said:
Just got home from the border. We drove to Thousand Island Bridge, it took about 15 min for the USA to give us Admin Refusal, then over to Canada side, another 10 min and done. They only asked for his passport, COPR and something with his address on it (we ended up giving them the envelope that the COPR was mailed in). No marriage cert.
Monday morning heading to Service Canada office for SIN number.

Next step in the health care. Anyone know what we need for that? I just read on the forum that his name on a utility bill in necessary. He has lived here 2 years and his name is on the mortgage and house. Is that enuf?

The house deed or mortgage papers will be fine for healthcare (passport & COPR too). He only needs his passport with the stamped and signed COPR for the SIN number.

Immigration007

Apr 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 april 2012
File Transfer...
11 July 2012
Med's Done....
10 april 2012
Interview........
24 april
Sweden said:
If she speaks norwegian then she won't need an translator... swedish and norwegian are close enough that it's easy to understand (oral version, written swedish is a bit trickier for norwegians), so she will be fine.
If you're in Norway and want to go with her - then yes, I think it is a good idea. You might not be allowed in the room with her, but you showing up with her for the interview is a good sign of course. Type of questions are usually about your history, where you have been to school, if she has met your family etc. basically - any information that was in your application she should know about. She can also prepare additional proofs of communication since the application was filed, until now. Any communication, and if you went to visit her, then she should take that as well. If you went on holidays somewhere, etc.
Lykke til!
Sweden
Thanks alot for the info! I will send her without an interpreter... As for me going, i will go from canada as i am fue for my 2 weeks vacation from work.. So i was thinking of going with her. I think i will go, if i can arrange everything in time.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
zardoz said:
We have also received our SA late last night. (25th March).
Please could the spreadsheet be updated. Our classification should be "Married".

Z.
Is the London VO spreadsheet not being updated any more?
I have seen no recent changes and my details have not been updated on it.

Z.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Uk2Can said:
Were flying iceland air in june! Im going to contact them to see!! Thanks alot !
just so you know - if you're flying icelandair to North America, you can also stay a few days in Iceland for free - you can "split" your ticket for up to 7 days (I think) and have a long lay over in Iceland, and go for a little tour... we did that, it was great! a very good experience, I had never been to Iceland before, and apart from the fact that everything was VERY expensive, we have a great 5 days holidays! I can definitely recommend it...
Sweden

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Sweden said:
just so you know - if you're flying icelandair to North America, you can also stay a few days in Iceland for free - you can "split" your ticket for up to 7 days (I think) and have a long lay over in Iceland, and go for a little tour... we did that, it was great! a very good experience, I had never been to Iceland before, and apart from the fact that everything was VERY expensive, we have a great 5 days holidays! I can definitely recommend it...
Sweden
+1 to this. Iceland is terrific. Though the women were all so beautiful I found my eyes wandering a little too much for my wife to let go....

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
zardoz said:
Is the London VO spreadsheet not being updated any more?
I have seen no recent changes and my details have not been updated on it.

Z.
it is now... there are a few of us who can edit it, and sometimes it's difficult to follow what is happening. Anybody who want to have access to it to be able to edit (your own details, or just edit for changes when they are posted in the thread), send me a private message, and I'll add you to the list of editors.
Thanks,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Immigration007 said:
Thanks alot for the info! I will send her without an interpreter... As for me going, i will go from canada as i am fue for my 2 weeks vacation from work.. So i was thinking of going with her. I think i will go, if i can arrange everything in time.
if it works out that way, it's probably a very good thing that you can be with her at that time, it will help prove that your relationship is genuine, and it will also help with the stress of course - good luck to both of you, hope all will go well!
Sweden

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sweden said:
Sweden
We did this too! When we went from Canada to the UK with IcelandAir, we took a 4 day layover in Reykjavik :). It was in the middle of winter and absolutely freezing but such a beautiful country and so much to see for such a tiny country. The Blue Lagoon hot springs were gorgeous, my favorite. We stayed in a hostel with a kitchen and bought food at the supermarket down the road instead of eating out to keep costs down and save more money for fun excursions!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
canuck_in_uk said:
We did this too! When we went from Canada to the UK with IcelandAir, we took a 4 day layover in Reykjavik :). It was in the middle of winter and absolutely freezing but such a beautiful country and so much to see for such a tiny country. The Blue Lagoon hot springs were gorgeous, my favorite. We stayed in a hostel with a kitchen and bought food at the supermarket down the road instead of eating out to keep costs down and save more money for fun excursions!
Same same ! :) Blue Lagoon indeed was gorgeous and amazing, we were there mid-October and it was already cold, but really sunny, very beautiful! so much to see... I'll definitely try it again next time I fly back to Europe!

for those wondering what it is, see here ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Lagoon_%28geothermal_spa%29 then try and see pictures of it.... just makes you want to go now!!

mario12345

Mar 16, 2013
michty6 said:
Yeh in 2004 you could get 2.5 to 1. However, as someone who now lives in Canada and gets paid in Canadian dollars I am happy to see the Canadian dollar flourish against the pound - in fact I think it should move to 1:1 ;D
what about bank money order paid to yourself?u cash it when u arrive in canada. sounds possible? thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mario12345 said:
what about bank money order paid to yourself?u cash it when u arrive in canada. sounds possible? thanks
It's definitely possible but not the best option because you are still using the bank's exchange rates, which aren't as good as the rates from the online exchange companies.