+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Lucanna

Dec 14, 2012
Merveille said:
Congratulations! Could you share your timeline?
Sure, I applied September 29th, file transfer November 8th, Request for more documents and RPF March 22nd. Ecas never updated until today. Good luck to everyone still waiting, London seems to be pretty on the ball for the most part

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Lucanna said:
Sure, I applied September 29th, file transfer November 8th, Request for more documents and RPF March 22nd. Ecas never updated until today. Good luck to everyone still waiting, London seems to be pretty on the ball for the most part
It sounds like when you sent in extra documents someone actually reviewed them straight away. The sad thing is that this appears to be a rare case - often the file can sit around for days/weeks/months before this happens - but congrats!

sctv

Jan 30, 2013
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
07-02-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
Korma said:
Logged on to ecas this morning - decision made!! :eek:
Great news!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Morrison2266 said:
Thanks for such a quick response Canuck :)I've spent the last week trying to figure everything out until I got here. We plan on gettin all the sponsor forms sent away at the end of the month once she receive her passport.

My other question is, my partners uncle has said there may be a job available on arrival. Would I be able to start working without the PR being finalised or do I need to wait to start a job?

Also, does anyone know what documents my partner needs to fill in to go back to canada. I believe she needs something called a PR travel document then she has to apply for her citizen card once landed?
There are 2 ways to apply, inland and outland. If you apply inland (you must apply from in Canada), you can submit an open work permit with the PR app; once sponsorship is approved (which is 6 months), you could work. It would then take another 8 months for you to get PR, so a total of 14 months. If you apply outland, you can't work until you have PR but it is a faster process, 10 months is what they say but most straightforward cases are faster (usually around 7 months right now). So outland is definitely the better option but you cannot work until you get PR. The border officer will warn you when you come in that if you are caught working, they will cancel your PR app and kick you out for a few years.

I don't quite understand the second question. Your partner is a citizen who is getting her Canadian passport soon. A citizen only needs a passport to travel to Canada. So why would she need a PR travel doc (which doesn't even apply to her because she's a citizen) and a citizen card?

Binga

Mar 19, 2012
Hi everyone!

I need your help please! My wife lives in Norway and is not a visa exempt. We have filed our files since April 2012 and we finely got an interview requested. She has to travel to Sweden ! What I would really love to ask you is:

1) Since she does not speak English that well neither Swedish. Does anyone who lives in that area (Stockholm) knows how we could find a professional interpreter for Arabic person (English or Swedish to Arabic) ?

2) This is one of the most question asked around: what kind of Questions or info will be asked in such interview. My wife is so scared and so frustrated about what they will ask. Please if you have any idea to share with us, I will appreciate it !

Thanks!

specialdiablo

Jul 10, 2012
So about an hour ago i was reading the Forum (which i do several times a week), i don't comment often but it makes me feel better reading it ;)
Today the doorbell rang mid read and our COPR was delivered!
Best Day Ever.
We intend to flagpole tomorrow at 1000 Island border cause it's prettier than Niagara.
Process was 8 months once application was sent. Total a little over 2 years from when he moved here.
:D :D :D

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
specialdiablo said:
So about an hour ago i was reading the Forum (which i do several times a week), i don't comment often but it makes me feel better reading it ;)
Today the doorbell rang mid read and our COPR was delivered!
Best Day Ever.
We intend to flagpole tomorrow at 1000 Island border cause it's prettier than Niagara.
Process was 8 months once application was sent. Total a little over 2 years from when he moved here.
:D :D :D
Congratulations!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Awesome - another in the bag! There is definitely something to this theory that London works in spurts...

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Binga said:
Hi everyone!

I need your help please! My wife lives in Norway and is not a visa exempt. We have filed our files since April 2012 and we finely got an interview requested. She has to travel to Sweden ! What I would really love to ask you is:

1) Since she does not speak English that well neither Swedish. Does anyone who lives in that area (Stockholm) knows how we could find a professional interpreter for Arabic person (English or Swedish to Arabic) ?

2) This is one of the most question asked around: what kind of Questions or info will be asked in such interview. My wife is so scared and so frustrated about what they will ask. Please if you have any idea to share with us, I will appreciate it !

Thanks!
Hey

When you filled in the IMM0008 form, question 5b asked for interview language preference, it will be done in whatever language you selected there. If you put Arabic, then an Arabic speaking officer will do the interview; if the office doesn't have one, I believe that they either phone conference with an Arabic speaking officer somewhere in the world or arrange for their own interpreter to come in. There's no need to arrange your own interpreter, they wouldn't be allowed into the interview anyways.

As for the questions, I didn't have an interview, so I can't help with that. Try this post http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t139902.0.html;msg2170885#msg2170885

Binga

Mar 19, 2012
canuck_in_uk said:
Hey

When you filled in the IMM0008 form, question 5b asked for interview language preference, it will be done in whatever language you selected there. If you put Arabic, then an Arabic speaking officer will do the interview; if the office doesn't have one, I believe that they either phone conference with an Arabic speaking officer somewhere in the world or arrange for their own interpreter to come in. There's no need to arrange your own interpreter, they wouldn't be allowed into the interview anyways.
First Thank you so much for taking the time!

Yea that what I thought she asked for Arabic interview in the IMM0008 and I though they would have one for her but she was asked to bring her own interpreter, on the letter she has received. They specially say that he has to be a profession with a licence. we have no clue how to find such professional worker and in a country we (me and my wife) have never been in. It is really frustrating!

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
Lucanna said:
Congrats! We have the same time line for filing and sponsor approval. If only this were a sign of good things to come for me!

Lucanna

Dec 14, 2012
blueboom said:
Congrats! We have the same time line for filing and sponsor approval. If only this were a sign of good things to come for me!
I hope it is! They have definitely sped up in the last little while so I hope your wait isn't too much longer.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Binga said:

Yea that what I thought she asked for Arabic interview in the IMM0008 and I though they would have one for her but she was asked to bring her own interpreter, on the letter she has received. They specially say that he has to be a profession with a licence. we have no clue how to find such professional worker and in a country we (me and my wife) have never been in. It is really frustrating!
Hey!

I lived in Sweden for a while (hence my name!), and I have a few contacts there in the arabic speaking community. Don't panic - I'm sure we can find an official translator for you. I'll have a look at it and let you know by private message.

A few questions for you: when is your interview? where is it? (Stockholm I presume, but just to check), and which interpreter are they asking for? english arabic or swedish arabic?

Let me know,
Sweden.

Morrison2266

Apr 3, 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
There are 2 ways to apply, inland and outland. If you apply inland (you must apply from in Canada), you can submit an open work permit with the PR app; once sponsorship is approved (which is 6 months), you could work. It would then take another 8 months for you to get PR, so a total of 14 months. If you apply outland, you can't work until you have PR but it is a faster process, 10 months is what they say but most straightforward cases are faster (usually around 7 months right now). So outland is definitely the better option but you cannot work until you get PR. The border officer will warn you when you come in that if you are caught working, they will cancel your PR app and kick you out for a few years.

I don't quite understand the second question. Your partner is a citizen who is getting her Canadian passport soon. A citizen only needs a passport to travel to Canada. So why would she need a PR travel doc (which doesn't even apply to her because she's a citizen) and a citizen card?
Thanks again for the reply. I think we will go for the Outland application if it means it all going quicker. See this the problem with me reading to much info on the net. I've more than likely read something and that has confused me. Lol.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Binga said:

Apologies! I'd not heard of them asking someone to arrange for their own interpreter. I suppose that it isn't a very common occurrence to need an interpreter for applications outside Canada, as most people have their interviews in their own country. I'm surprised as well that they didn't give you a list of acceptable professionals to use, like they do with the panel physicians. Hopefully Sweden (the champion member, not the country :)) will be able to help you out. If not, there might be other people on these forums who have needed an interpreter in Sweden, and there are a few others who are from or have lived in Sweden, so someone should be able to help!

Morrison2266 said:
Thanks again for the reply. I think we will go for the Outland application if it means it all going quicker. See this the problem with me reading to much info on the net. I've more than likely read something and that has confused me. Lol.
Yeah, there is a lot of confusing info out there and so much of it is unclear, vague or just plain wrong! I remember reading so many conflicting things before I found this forum :). Just stick to the CIC website and this forum and you should be fine. And good choice on outland, much better than inland