+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Sweden said:
it's good news indeed, because they only extend the medicals if it's the only thing preventing them from issuing the visa... so you're near the end! difficult to say how long it takes, but at least in your case they have been pro-active, as your meds are expiring in 10 days, and they have asked for the extension... it's difficult to know how long it takes. I would "guestimate" that your PR should be issued in a month, or less... maybe 2 more weeks for them to get the medical extension back (depending on when they asked for it), and maybe 2 weeks to get everything together. but of course - it's only a guestimate...
Good luck,
Sweden
Thank you Sweden..I am telling myself that it might be done around June...in about 2 months..so I do not get too excited and then get dissapointed..like you said you never know, but hopefully this whole thing will history soon.

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
michty6 said:
My medical extension was done in just over a week pretty much. As soon as that's done the COPR is ready to go.

COPR ARRIVED TODAY. At last.
Congratulations Mitchy, it has been a long wait..hope you get a great landing experience!

Morrison2266

Apr 3, 2013
Thanks for such a quick response Canuck :)I've spent the last week trying to figure everything out until I got here. We plan on gettin all the sponsor forms sent away at the end of the month once she receive her passport.

My other question is, my partners uncle has said there may be a job available on arrival. Would I be able to start working without the PR being finalised or do I need to wait to start a job?

Also, does anyone know what documents my partner needs to fill in to go back to canada. I believe she needs something called a PR travel document then she has to apply for her citizen card once landed?

AfShe

Apr 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
File Transfer...
04-07-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-05-2013
LANDED..........
31-05-2013
Hello everyone,

I have been reading and following this forum from last year, and have found very helpful information.

Finally, I thought of posting here and get more information regarding my specific case. I am sponsoring my husband who lives in UK under a student visa. Our application was sent to London on July 4, 2012 and it went "in process" on November 29, 2012. It has been complete 9 months (over a year in total) since we are waiting. We had no interview, but we were asked to provide extra documents for proof of relationship in late October. We were also asked to pay the "right of permanent residence fee" on January 29, 2013 which we did on the very same day, but we haven't heard anything from the London office since then.

Now, the problem is that my husband's UK visa is expiring in mid-May (next month) and we are very unsure about our next step. I am also currently living with him in UK and we both plan to go to Canada together from UK, but now we are very uncertain about out situation and what should be our next step. Has anyone been in similar situation?? I really don't want to go back to Canada without my husband, is there any way he can extend his UK visa so we can both wait out the process in UK??

We emailed the london office asking for the status of our file on March 4, 2012, but haven't heard anything back from them. It is now a full month since we sent the email and no reply yet.

I will really appreciate any helpful information!

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Logged on to ecas this morning - decision made!! :eek:

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Thanks guys, glad it's now just about over...

Sweden said:
it should still be fine... the 30 days is more of an indication as it takes a while to process all the requests, but quite few people have sent it a bit late, and they got it without troubles. I suspect the 30 days is there to make sure that people allow for at least 15 to 20 days for their extension! :)
yeah!! congrats, finally!! are you landing tomorrow??
No I already tried to book Wed afternoon off work but then my COPR didn't arrive Tues so I didn't want to piss my boss round again - especially since there was the chance that CIC may have just lied to me again about it being posted out. So I'll probably land on Saturday as there is no advantage to landing on Friday afternoon since Service Canada/Ontario will be closed all weekend and I'd have to wait till Monday to do my stuff with them anyway...

At the border, since I'm not bringing any stuff in with me, I basically just need my COPR and passport right? Also of the 2 COPR forms only one had a photo on it, I assume this is normal?

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Korma said:
Awesome! It seems to me that CIC basically goes missing for weeks and then actually starts doing stuff in spurts...

You're the first October applicant to turn red on the spreadsheet!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Korma said:
Yaaay! Congrats!

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
michty6 said:
Thanks guys, glad it's now just about over...

No I already tried to book Wed afternoon off work but then my COPR didn't arrive Tues so I didn't want to piss my boss round again - especially since there was the chance that CIC may have just lied to me again about it being posted out. So I'll probably land on Saturday as there is no advantage to landing on Friday afternoon since Service Canada/Ontario will be closed all weekend and I'd have to wait till Monday to do my stuff with them anyway...

At the border, since I'm not bringing any stuff in with me, I basically just need my COPR and passport right? Also of the 2 COPR forms only one had a photo on it, I assume this is normal?
Yes it's normal for the one copy of the COPR to have a photo and the other one not to have a photo.

You might want to bring something with your address on it as well. We were asked for something with our address but not sure if it was simply to help the agent enter the address in their system or used as proof.

You also may wish to bring a B4 list with you for stuff you may (or may not) import in the future. The customs agent we had was extremely helpful and told us to put anything we could conceivably think we may bring over in the future. Even if you don't bring the stuff over it doesn't matter.

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Thanks! :)

Now I'm facing a dilemma. Do I extend my visitor's visa? I arrived here on the 29th October, so it would expire on the 29th April, yeah? You'd think that my COPR would have arrived by then, but it seems London aren't always on the ball with mailing them...

If it wasn't $75 to apply for an extension I wouldn't sweat it, but that's not small change (for me, anyway).

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
baruderu said:
Yes it's normal for the one copy of the COPR to have a photo and the other one not to have a photo.

You might want to bring something with your address on it as well. We were asked for something with our address but not sure if it was simply to help the agent enter the address in their system or used as proof.

You also may wish to bring a B4 list with you for stuff you may (or may not) import in the future. The customs agent we had was extremely helpful and told us to put anything we could conceivably think we may bring over in the future. Even if you don't bring the stuff over it doesn't matter.
Cool thanks for the response. Pretty much everything I own I have with me in Canada now. I took all my other belongings to the charity shop in the UK a while back.

I have an Ontario driving license with my address on it so that should do but I'll bring a bill too - better safe than sorry!

Lucanna

Dec 14, 2012
I logged into to ecas this morning and DM! Address changed to city, province, Canada today. They never even said I was in process!

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Lucanna said:
I logged into to ecas this morning and DM! Address changed to city, province, Canada today. They never even said I was in process!
I went straight to DM too! It says they started processing on the 28th March.