+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

dannypee

Jan 29, 2013
They did the same with my medical!!! all I did was send them the doctors name, address and the tracking number that they sent my results by,dont worry they will match your medicals up soon enough its annoying though if it was a free service you might be able to swallow it but we have all paid through the nose so some sort of service would be nice !!!However I must say my VO initials CDD has been nothing more than helpful . ;D

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
dannypee said:
They did the same with my medical!!! all I did was send them the doctors name, address and the tracking number that they sent my results by,dont worry they will match your medicals up soon enough its annoying though if it was a free service you might be able to swallow it but we have all paid through the nose so some sort of service would be nice !!!However I must say my VO initials CDD has been nothing more than helpful . ;D
Publicly sucking up to VOs will not get your COPR issued any faster... :p

jbkon

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
dannypee said:
Just wondering did you email that information on their website or did you just reply via your email client?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jbkon said:
Just wondering did you email that information on their website or did you just reply via your email client?
You can just reply to the email that they sent.

jbkon

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
canuck_in_uk said:
You can just reply to the email that they sent.
oh okay, thank-you!

Morrison2266

Apr 3, 2013
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but I can clearly see that there is a lot of very useful information here. I'm just looking to clarify a couple of things to do with my situation. Here goes.....

I'm a British citizen and currently have been living with my partner for 3 years, been together 5. My partner was born in Montreal, Quebec then here parents brought here over to scotland in 95. Since then she has not had a Canadian birth cert or passport due to family situations. We are currently in the process of applying for her canadian passport. The main reason for this is My partner has spoken with an uncle who has said he would be more than willing to put us up for a while if we wanted to come over and start a life over in ontario. This is something we would very much like to do as there are far more opportunities over there.

My main question being as we have been together so long and living together for 3 years ( all of which can be proved with pictures, bills, letters etc) will it be possible for my partner to sponsor me for PR through common law? Also we are hoping to go sometime in the next 6 months as we have
Money coming to us and also can sell our belongings here. Will I be able to go over and start getting established with my partner at the same time?

If anyone can help with this query that would be great as I'm going crazy reading all the different information on the net.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Morrison2266 said:
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but I can clearly see that there is a lot of very useful information here. I'm just looking to clarify a couple of things to do with my situation. Here goes.....

I'm a British citizen and currently have been living with my partner for 3 years, been together 5. My partner was born in Montreal, Quebec then here parents brought here over to scotland in 95. Since then she has not had a Canadian birth cert or passport due to family situations. We are currently in the process of applying for her canadian passport. The main reason for this is My partner has spoken with an uncle who has said he would be more than willing to put us up for a while if we wanted to come over and start a life over in ontario. This is something we would very much like to do as there are far more opportunities over there.

My main question being as we have been together so long and living together for 3 years ( all of which can be proved with pictures, bills, letters etc) will it be possible for my partner to sponsor me for PR through common law? Also we are hoping to go sometime in the next 6 months as we have
Money coming to us and also can sell our belongings here. Will I be able to go over and start getting established with my partner at the same time?

If anyone can help with this query that would be great as I'm going crazy reading all the different information on the net.
Welcome to the forum :)

Yes, you qualify for common-law sponsorship, as the requirement is minimum of 1 year of living together. Your partner will have to prove that she intends to return to Canada permanently. A letter from her uncle saying that he will put you guys up, letters form family and friends that show you want to move here, university acceptance, job offers, evidence of looking for a place to live, etc. Start the sponsorship app now and get in in as soon as possible, as it does take some time to both prepare and then be processed. As you are British, you don't need a visa to enter Canada as a tourist for 6 months; that tourist status can then be extended. Some people have extended their tourist status 2 or 3 times while waiting for PR approval. Just so you know, you will be unable to work in Canada until you get your PR.

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Hey again..I emailed London and I got a respons saying that they have already applied for my medicals to be extended...I guess that is a Good thing Right?? Does anyone know how long it takes? Thanks soo much to everyone on this forum WHO contributes to give me a piece of mind!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Merveille said:
Hey again..I emailed London and I got a respons saying that they have already applied for my medicals to be extended...I guess that is a Good thing Right?? Does anyone know how long it takes? Thanks soo much to everyone on this forum WHO contributes to give me a piece of mind!
it's good news indeed, because they only extend the medicals if it's the only thing preventing them from issuing the visa... so you're near the end! difficult to say how long it takes, but at least in your case they have been pro-active, as your meds are expiring in 10 days, and they have asked for the extension... it's difficult to know how long it takes. I would "guestimate" that your PR should be issued in a month, or less... maybe 2 more weeks for them to get the medical extension back (depending on when they asked for it), and maybe 2 weeks to get everything together. but of course - it's only a guestimate...
Good luck,
Sweden

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Just wondering... how important is the 30 days in advance they recommend you extend your visitor's visa? A few things have cropped up and mine expires at the end of this month. By the time I get to submit my application, there'll like be around 15-20 days left on it rather than the 30 they say. Does it matter much?

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
My medical extension was done in just over a week pretty much. As soon as that's done the COPR is ready to go.

COPR ARRIVED TODAY. At last.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
FINALLY! Congrats, Michty, you must be so pleased :)

Korma, I would think it doesn't make a difference, but they can be so finnicky maybe apply for restoration of status anyway just to be on the safe side? (I had to do this for my first extension because I forgot about it until like 80 days after my visa expired - oops)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Korma said:
Just wondering... how important is the 30 days in advance they recommend you extend your visitor's visa? A few things have cropped up and mine expires at the end of this month. By the time I get to submit my application, there'll like be around 15-20 days left on it rather than the 30 they say. Does it matter much?
it should still be fine... the 30 days is more of an indication as it takes a while to process all the requests, but quite few people have sent it a bit late, and they got it without troubles. I suspect the 30 days is there to make sure that people allow for at least 15 to 20 days for their extension! :)
michty6 said:
My medical extension was done in just over a week pretty much. As soon as that's done the COPR is ready to go.

COPR ARRIVED TODAY. At last.
yeah!! congrats, finally!! are you landing tomorrow??

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
I figured so. I'll be submitting online so I won't lose the time it would take to arrive in Mississauga (or wherever the postal applications get sent).

Thanks Sweden!