+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Michty, how did you order your GCMS notes?

I want to do it online, do I print the application form and then just scan it back in? I can't think of another way to get a signature on the thing... Unless I do it in Photoshop....

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
rebecassss said:
Michty, how did you order your GCMS notes?

I want to do it online, do I print the application form and then just scan it back in? I can't think of another way to get a signature on the thing... Unless I do it in Photoshop....
Yeh I printed, signed and then scanned it back in. I don't know if they'd accept a signature if you did it in paint or something!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
For anyone moving here, Red Flag Forums (a forum attached to the reg flag deals site) is a great forum not just to find amazing deals in Canada but for information - the 'Personal Finances' section is excellent on everything from CPP to Mortgages to taxes to line of credits.

Also if anyone needs to transfer money to the UK from Canada or vice versa shoot me a PM and I can give you some good info on this.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
michty6 said:
Yeh I printed, signed and then scanned it back in. I don't know if they'd accept a signature if you did it in paint or something!
Oh bugger... The printer is on the fritz.

I have a wacom (it's like an electronic pen) so I can do a proper signature - I wouldn't be using a mouse or anything - but I'll just go to Staples and use their printer lol.

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Hey everyone! My husbands medical expires in 2 weeks and were still in process. Should I write an enquiry and if so what should I say? I did enquire about this about a month and a bit ago and their response was that I should wait until I hear from them! I'm in panic mode for some reason? My nerves are getting the better part of me......

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
No need to panic, just send them another email and mention the medical situation. They will probably have to apply for an extension but this is largely an administrative procedure.

So I just got home and checked the mail. No COPR. But I did have a wedding invitation posted from Scotland the day AFTER CIC apparently posted by COPR. Makes me wonder if that was just a lie and CIC didn't post it when they said they did. So angry just now.

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:
No need to panic, just send them another email and mention the medical situation. They will probably have to apply for an extension but this is largely an administrative procedure.

So I just got home and checked the mail. No COPR. But I did have a wedding invitation posted from Scotland the day AFTER CIC apparently posted by COPR. Makes me wonder if that was just a lie and CIC didn't post it when they said they did. So angry just now.
Thanks for your response so quick. It can get quite frustrating all of this nonsense. You'd think there would be an office of common sense somewhere!! Hang in there.....:)

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Uk2Can said:
Thanks for your response so quick. It can get quite frustrating all of this nonsense. You'd think there would be an office of common sense somewhere!! Hang in there.....:)
Trust me when I say nobody in the world was as pissed or frustrated at CIC as I was (and still am) the day I got my GCMS notes and found out my 'delay' wasn't a delay at all but just pure sheer incompetence on the part of CIC... Or when CIC told me (over 3 weeks ago now) that I'd have my COPR "within 2 weeks"... Or that they told me it was posted last Monday, yet today I get mail from the UK posted last Tuesday...

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:
Trust me when I say nobody in the world was as pissed or frustrated at CIC as I was (and still am) the day I got my GCMS notes and found out my 'delay' wasn't a delay at all but just pure sheer incompetence on the part of CIC... Or when CIC told me (over 3 weeks ago now) that I'd have my COPR "within 2 weeks"... Or that they told me it was posted last Monday, yet today I get mail from the UK posted last Tuesday...
That is beyond ridiculous! Surely you'll get it soon, i.e this week!! I'd have some serious words for them if not! Definitely keep us updated! Why again did they say was the reason for the delay?

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Uk2Can said:
That is beyond ridiculous! Surely you'll get it soon, i.e this week!! I'd have some serious words for them if not! Definitely keep us updated! Why again did they say was the reason for the delay?
There was no reason for the delay, it was basically because they forgot about my file till I sent them an email reminder. By then it was close to my medicals expiring, so they then had to ask for these to be extended. Just one ongoing mess.

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
You're officially allowed to send a CSE and ask them what the hell they're up to after the 6 month mark, aren't you?

If that's the case and I hit that point with no sign of movement, I'll certainly be sending them a message. I'm seeing so many people get messed about :/.

Efoglady

Mar 27, 2013
Korma said:
You're officially allowed to send a CSE and ask them what the hell they're up to after the 6 month mark, aren't you?

If that's the case and I hit that point with no sign of movement, I'll certainly be sending them a message. I'm seeing so many people get messed about :/.
I know it's easy to panic. I always do! My app was sent start of Oct and sponsor approved by the end of Oct. Looking at other people's timeline, I'd say it's too slightly too early to worry yet. I notice that apps were processed at diff timelines last year though- the norm maybe being 3 months for sponsor approval, 3 months for decision made.
Maybe it's a good thing we havent heard anything yet. Some people get a decision with no contact. I hope thats us..
If you send them a message, please let us know the reply!

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Efoglady said:
I know it's easy to panic. I always do! My app was sent start of Oct and sponsor approved by the end of Oct. Looking at other people's timeline, I'd say it's too slightly too early to worry yet. I notice that apps were processed at diff timelines last year though- the norm maybe being 3 months for sponsor approval, 3 months for decision made.
Maybe it's a good thing we havent heard anything yet. Some people get a decision with no contact. I hope thats us..
If you send them a message, please let us know the reply!
I'm not expecting any movement just yet, but I'm certainly prepared to give London a nudge when the time comes! :)

It's almost been 5 months since sponsor approval... how time flies!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't gone to 'in progress' yet. Once that happens my advice would be to constantly email CIC every 2 weeks or so to check they are actually doing something with your application and not leaving it sitting around for months (like mine)...

So yesterday I went home after work - I don't normally go home on a Tues because I play in a sports league - just to see if my COPR had arrived. It hadn't. Then I went to the Post Office to ask if it was there. It wasn't. And in frustration I sent an email to CIC to see if it had been posted when they said it had been, will see what they say...

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
Hello everyone! Need help! I emailed cic and they emailed me back with this. We require the following fee inorder to finalize your application.
Right to permenant residency fee 490 can dollars. This payment cannot be paid in the UK and needs to be paid in Canada. Please advise your sponsor to pay this in Canada. Your medical has been extended until 1/2/2014