+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
sfeire said:
That's it! It's the inconsistency of these people.. Surely they have to have procedures that are very clear! When we first arrived on our work visas, my husband had only been working a few weeks and they started his OHIP straight away and when I went to get mine I had to wait the 3 months.. Unreal!
Eh yes I think so. Maybe something with your address too just to be on the safe side!
I'm happy to report that my husband had no issues getting his SIN number today. Makes a nice change! ;D

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
Hey, I hope someone can help me out...I have been in process for 3 weeks..(I know there some have been in process longer) I was wondering...when is it OKEY to right to London to asks what is going on? And my medicals is expire in about 2 weeks...I am getting a bit frustrated now..

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Merveille said:
Hey, I hope someone can help me out...I have been in process for 3 weeks..(I know there some have been in process longer) I was wondering...when is it OKEY to right to London to asks what is going on? And my medicals is expire in about 2 weeks...I am getting a bit frustrated now..
I've emailed London a bunch of times :eek:

I know you're not really supposed to, but I did. And they responded each time and were really nice. I would just send an enquiry. The worst that will happen is they don't respond.

Congrats Antz and Baruderu!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Merveille said:
100% email them now. On the BE forum everybody told me 'don't worry the wait is normal' and then I get my GCMS notes only to discover that London was sitting around doing nothing until I emailed them a reminder. I was unfortunate enough to wait 2 months before emailing a reminder, I kick myself every day that I didn't email sooner.

With 2 weeks before your medicals expire it is pretty likely they will have to ask for an extension which will add some time on.

dannypee

Jan 29, 2013
hey mitchey i ve in process for 3 weeks as well !!!! now I cant check ecas because the security cert is out of date !!!! my future is in theses peoples hands !!!!! sigh :mad:

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
dannypee said:
hey mitchey i ve in process for 3 weeks as well !!!! now I cant check ecas because the security cert is out of date !!!! my future is in theses peoples hands !!!!! sigh :mad:
Send them an email. 3 weeks without hearing anything is long enough to suspect they may have forgotten about you.

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
rebecassss said:

I know you're not really supposed to, but I did. And they responded each time and were really nice. I would just send an enquiry. The worst that will happen is they don't respond.

Thank you very much! :)

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
rebecassss said:

Thanks, I have emailed them now..I hope the answer.

Merveille

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2012
AOR Received.
19-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
michty6 said:
100% email them now. On the BE forum everybody told me 'don't worry the wait is normal' and then I get my GCMS notes only to discover that London was sitting around doing nothing until I emailed them a reminder. I was unfortunate enough to wait 2 months before emailing a reminder, I kick myself every day that I didn't email sooner.

With 2 weeks before your medicals expire it is pretty likely they will have to ask for an extension which will add some time on.
thanks mitchey! I have emailed them now and hope they will respond...Hope they have not forgot me..this emigration thing is so hard..sometimes I wish I had find myself a husband in Sweden..or at least I Europe than Canada..oh well. No need to look back Mitchey..you are almost done( have u got ur COPR and landed yet?). All the best

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Merveille said:
thanks mitchey! I have emailed them now and hope they will respond...Hope they have not forgot me..this emigration thing is so hard..sometimes I wish I had find myself a husband in Sweden..or at least I Europe than Canada..oh well. No need to look back Mitchey..you are almost done( have u got ur COPR and landed yet?). All the best
I am hoping my COPR is in the mail when I get home. If it is I will take the afternoon off work tomorrow (Wed) and drive to Niagara falls to land. Then I will do my SIN and Health Card on Thurs. If it comes a day later I will do exactly the same but one day later! Apparently it was posted from London on Monday so I would've thought it would be in Toronto by now...

All the best for you too. I intend to hang around these forums and make sure no-one gets unnecessarily delayed like I have been.

dannypee

Jan 29, 2013
ive emailed to !!! here's a question if they ask for an interview(god forbid)as im a serving soldier in Canada do you think they would organise one in country for me near my base ,as flying back to the UK at the drop of a hat is unfortunately not conducive to Her Majesty's armed forces!!!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
dannypee said:
ive emailed to !!! here's a question if they ask for an interview(god forbid)as im a serving soldier in Canada do you think they would organise one in country for me near my base ,as flying back to the UK at the drop of a hat is unfortunately not conducive to Her Majesty's armed forces!!!
I asked them about this a while ago and they said it is possible, but it's at the discretion of the VO. It probably adds a bunch of time to your application, too. So if it comes up all you can do really is ask.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
michty6 said:
I am hoping my COPR is in the mail when I get home. If it is I will take the afternoon off work tomorrow (Wed) and drive to Niagara falls to land. Then I will do my SIN and Health Card on Thurs. If it comes a day later I will do exactly the same but one day later! Apparently it was posted from London on Monday so I would've thought it would be in Toronto by now...

All the best for you too. I intend to hang around these forums and make sure no-one gets unnecessarily delayed like I have been.
Interesting thought (and a question) on the SIN number thing. Presumably, you currently have a SIN beginning in 9 (i.e a temporary one). And now you shall get a new one that is permanent. Do your SIN numbers have anything to do with state pension contributions? Is that a thing here? If so, would you get your temporary SIN earnings contributions passed on to your permanent SIN?

I know that when I left Australia after working there, I could reclaim my state Super-Annuation Contributions.

It really doesn't matter at all. Just curious!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
dannypee said:
It seems from our data collection that firstly getting an interview is very rare (<1% of people) and of those requested to attend an interview almost all have been non-visa exempt (not from the UK). Of course there is always a chance but there is also a chance you get struck by lightning and I wouldn't worry too much about either of these things if I were you!

DGT said:
Interesting thought (and a question) on the SIN number thing. Presumably, you currently have a SIN beginning in 9 (i.e a temporary one). And now you shall get a new one that is permanent. Do your SIN numbers have anything to do with state pension contributions? Is that a thing here? If so, would you get your temporary SIN earnings contributions passed on to your permanent SIN?

I know that when I left Australia after working there, I could reclaim my state Super-Annuation Contributions.

It really doesn't matter at all. Just curious!
Yup I have a 9 SIN. I already renewed that when I went on to my second IEC. So I know the process fairly well. Your SIN is basically the equivalent of a National Insurance number so yeh your State Pension contributions (called the CPP here) will be tracked through this.

What happens is your old SIN is basically 'linked' to your new SIN, so all your taxes, credit reports, personal info (etc) all comes across. I was actually just looking into this today as one of the things I am going to do once I get a permanent sin is apply for a loan/line of credit to pay off a friend of mine who I borrowed money off. I have faxes typed and ready to go to the credit agencies. All I need is the damn COPR and new SIN!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
michty6 said:
It seems from our data collection that firstly getting an interview is very rare (<1% of people) and of those requested to attend an interview almost all have been non-visa exempt (not from the UK). Of course there is always a chance but there is also a chance you get struck by lightning and I wouldn't worry too much about either of these things if I were you!

Yup I have a 9 SIN. I already renewed that when I went on to my second IEC. So I know the process fairly well. Your SIN is basically the equivalent of a National Insurance number so yeh your State Pension contributions (called the CPP here) will be tracked through this.

What happens is your old SIN is basically 'linked' to your new SIN, so all your taxes, credit reports, personal info (etc) all comes across. I was actually just looking into this today as one of the things I am going to do once I get a permanent sin is apply for a loan/line of credit to pay off a friend of mine who I borrowed money off. I have faxes typed and ready to go to the credit agencies. All I need is the damn COPR and new SIN!
Very interesting info sir. Thanks!