+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, 4 weeks today and I will be in Canada! Just wondering can I volunteer while waiting for COPR? I never not worked and feel I may go crazy :) happy Easter!

Lee J

Feb 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30th April 2013
mic_midd86 said:
Hi all, 4 weeks today and I will be in Canada! Just wondering can I volunteer while waiting for COPR? I never not worked and feel I may go crazy :) happy Easter!
Where will you be in Canada?

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Thanks for the help Rebeca! I'm doing this online so the forms are a little more strict with what I can enter. Oddly enough it doesn't want us to show our marriage certificate or anything like that, but I'm giving the opportunity to add a 'letter of explanation', so I think I'll include a copy of our marriage certificate, sponsorship approval and and brief explanation of my intent there.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Korma said:
Thanks for the help Rebeca! I'm doing this online so the forms are a little more strict with what I can enter. Oddly enough it doesn't want us to show our marriage certificate or anything like that, but I'm giving the opportunity to add a 'letter of explanation', so I think I'll include a copy of our marriage certificate, sponsorship approval and and brief explanation of my intent there.
Yeah, I used the letter of explanation to include screenshots of bank statements and the stage 1 approval etc. because there was no other way to upload anything. It makes no sense that you're asked for all this documentation but are only allowed one upload?! lol ::)

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Quick question to those in the know. My wife (the sponsor) was given a UCI number. Do I get one as well? If so, how long does it take for them to be issued? Ta muchly.

elmo11

Jan 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
File Transfer...
18-12-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt!
Sniprat said:
Quick question to those in the know. My wife (the sponsor) was given a UCI number. Do I get one as well? If so, how long does it take for them to be issued? Ta muchly.
Hey Sniprat, as far as I know. Only the sponsor gets the UCI. The applicant (sponsored person) receives an application number. Regularly, after you've passed Stage 1, in the email they sent, it has the UCI and application number.

I can log into ECAS with the UCI and my sponsor details and I see both statuses (i.e. the sponsorship application and the PR application), while my partner uses her application number and her details to log in and she can only see the status of her PR application.

So, right. Forgive the segue, but ya, check the email that said you've got sponsorship approval. That file number is yours!

elmo11 ^^

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
rebecassss said:
Yeah, I used the letter of explanation to include screenshots of bank statements and the stage 1 approval etc. because there was no other way to upload anything. It makes no sense that you're asked for all this documentation but are only allowed one upload?! lol ::)
That's reassuring to know it's the same for you! I was thinking I'd filled out that questionnaire wrong or something. How come you're on your second extension? :eek:

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Sniprat said:
you'll get one as the applicant, but if you don't hear from London at all, you'll only get it "at the end", as it's written in the COPR. It's issued by London once they open your file. So if you have any dealings with them (for extra documents etc), you can always ask them for your own UCI, otherwise it will be on your COPR. Then on your PR card! it will follow you as it's your own number - the File number starting by F corresponds to this application, but if for example you apply for citizenship in 3 years, you will keep the same UCI, but have a new file number.
Good luck,
Sweden

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
baruderu said:
Thanks Sfeire! :D I'm so glad it's over.

We went to get my husband's OHIP yesterday and had another adventure. They insisted on using the day he landed as the start of the 3 month waiting period instead of the day listed on his COPR. This is after I had this information confirmed by two different Service Ontario staff members on the phone. Grrrr! It's only 11 days difference but I just have a problem when the rules are not applied consistently.

Tuesday he goes to get his SIN. Let's hope there's no issues there. As far as I understand he only needs his passport and COPR.
That's it! It's the inconsistency of these people.. Surely they have to have procedures that are very clear! When we first arrived on our work visas, my husband had only been working a few weeks and they started his OHIP straight away and when I went to get mine I had to wait the 3 months.. Unreal!
Eh yes I think so. Maybe something with your address too just to be on the safe side!

Lee J

Feb 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30th April 2013
mic_midd86 said:
I will be in Kelowna BC.
I can't help you then sorry. I'm in Ontario, I've been volunteering at the Durham Region Humane Society while I was waiting for PR. I'm sure there are similar organisation in BC if it floats your boat.

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Korma said:
That's reassuring to know it's the same for you! I was thinking I'd filled out that questionnaire wrong or something. How come you're on your second extension? :eek:
I think the form is just stupid lol.

I was here for a year before my husband and I got married and then we waited a year to apply for PR after we were married, so I've been here 3 years in July! I only needed 2 extensions because I left Canada and returned after my first 6 months and they gave me a new stamp so the first year was kinda free lol

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
So I officially landed as a PR on Sunday!! Here's a little bit to how it went...

I started in the States, I drove 3 hours with my American friend to the Ambassador Bridge border crossing. We waited in the line of cars to show our passports, I said I wanted to land as a PR so they directed me to park and go into the building/office area. There were a couple of people already waiting but I got seen straight away, they took my passport and COPR and then I sat down until they called me up to the desk.
The officer processing me hadn't done a landing before so I had 3 or 4 immigration/customs people helping out! It was quite funny and entertaining watching them work out what codes to put in and what to do.
Anyway, they asked me a few of questions, one about criminal convictions, one verifying my address and one about what I was importing. I said I was importing stuff later so I filled out form B4a at the desk with the officer, really easy and quick. They then stamped my passport and stapled the COPR without the photo in. They told me it would take 6-8 weeks for the PR card to arrive at my Canadian address. And then I got 'Welcome to Canada'! YAY!

Asked where the nearest Tim's in Windsor was (3 blocks on the left) and got myself an iced cap then drove 3 hours back again!!

As a side note for anyone that is landing and needing to exit Canada again, I asked if I was allowed to go back to the States and travel without the PR card, and they said yes I can cross back over and re-enter via land. I do believe it is just the airlines that require the PR card. However I am a dual national so have a US passport too so when I leave the States I use the US passport... gets a little complicated, but thought I would add in my experience/response with regards to flagpoling the opposite way around :)

And in 7 weeks time my current job will be over I will finally be able to call Canada home for real! :D

Such a relief to have the paperwork and landing done and dusted!! I think the hubby is happy too ;)

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
Thanks Elmo and Sweden.

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lee J said:
I can't help you then sorry. I'm in Ontario, I've been volunteering at the Durham Region Humane Society while I was waiting for PR. I'm sure there are similar organisation in BC if it floats your boat.
Yeah, I will look out for it.
Thanks.