+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
ghunter said:
If an application has been rejected, how long would it be until you know? Do you have to wait until the 'decision made' tells you?
You would technically find out at Decision Made, but it's highly unlikely you would be rejected without lots of requests for more information and/or an interview! Are you worried about your case? Share your concerns! :)

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
I don't really have any real reason to be nervous (other than the 1 month gap in our living arrangements as mentioned previously).

We are also currently living with my parents, but have gotten a notarized letter stating that we live there.

This whole process just makes me so nervous. I get so scared that we will for some reason be rejected, and my partners current visa will expire in September so time is of the essence!

We are hoping to submit our application early April (we have been working on this for what seems like years, trying to get as many letters of proof etc together).

I have been reading through this forum for months, I find it so helpful!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
ghunter said:
I don't really have any real reason to be nervous (other than the 1 month gap in our living arrangements as mentioned previously).

We are also currently living with my parents, but have gotten a notarized letter stating that we live there.

This whole process just makes me so nervous. I get so scared that we will for some reason be rejected, and my partners current visa will expire in September so time is of the essence!

We are hoping to submit our application early April (we have been working on this for what seems like years, trying to get as many letters of proof etc together).

We also stayed with my partners parents - for a whole 2 months. These 2 months were in the 12 months preceding our application. We did the same as you - notarised letter (we didn't even bother to get ours notarised, I don't think they care so much about this). Also sent copies of letters addressed to both of us for the dates we lived there.

If your partner's IEC expires in Sept you'd be better to apply ASAP and get the ball rolling. April to Sept is unlikely to happen, probably only ~20% get it that fast. Also from this year April and May were the slowest times for people to apply by a country mile (sigh).

If you don't have it by Sept he can also apply for a temporary work permit while he waits for it - the only catch with this is that he needs his companies support to apply for this. But most companies are nice and understandable - if you told them you just need the temporary permit until your PR arrives they are usually fine.

Don't panic!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
ghunter said:

Believe me, I feel your pain. We've had to do the visa process twice now. Once for my wife to stay in the UK, and now for me to stay in Canada. It's a horrible feeling having your future in the hands of bureaucrats. But try not to panic! Your case is genuine, and if they do have any questions or doubts about the application they will give you plenty of chance to explain it all out. And with any luck, you'll have him landed in September. It seems that London is picking up the pace so hopefully you won't have to wait as long as some poor unfortunates on here!

So, keep calm, and carry on!

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
DGT said:
Believe me, I feel your pain. We've had to do the visa process twice now. Once for my wife to stay in the UK, and now for me to stay in Canada. It's a horrible feeling having your future in the hands of bureaucrats. But try not to panic! Your case is genuine, and if they do have any questions or doubts about the application they will give you plenty of chance to explain it all out. And with any luck, you'll have him landed in September. It seems that London is picking up the pace so hopefully you won't have to wait as long as some poor unfortunates on here!

DGT- a slightly off topic question for you. When your wife left the UK did she inform UKBA? We were in a similar situation where I was in the UK on a Highly Skilled Migrant Visa, and now that we're back in Canada I'm wondering if I need to let them know. The tax office knows, but I'm not clear on if they share that information with the UKBA.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
baruderu said:
DGT- a slightly off topic question for you. When your wife left the UK did she inform UKBA? We were in a similar situation where I was in the UK on a Highly Skilled Migrant Visa, and now that we're back in Canada I'm wondering if I need to let them know. The tax office knows, but I'm not clear on if they share that information with the UKBA.
That's a good question, and one that I don't rightly have the answer to. We notified HRMC for our tax returns, and we did contact the UKBA to tell them that we were not applying for my wife's ILR in the UK, and that I was moving to Canada. We never received any further communication regarding that matter though. It's definitely better to contact them though! You wouldn't want to get trouble at customs going back for a wee holiday!

ghunter

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2013
AOR Received.
03-05-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2013; re-issued 16-12-2013
LANDED..........
08-01-2014
michty6 said:
We also stayed with my partners parents - for a whole 2 months. These 2 months were in the 12 months preceding our application. We did the same as you - notarised letter (we didn't even bother to get ours notarised, I don't think they care so much about this). Also sent copies of letters addressed to both of us for the dates we lived there.

If your partner's IEC expires in Sept you'd be better to apply ASAP and get the ball rolling. April to Sept is unlikely to happen, probably only ~20% get it that fast. Also from this year April and May were the slowest times for people to apply by a country mile (sigh).

If you don't have it by Sept he can also apply for a temporary work permit while he waits for it - the only catch with this is that he needs his companies support to apply for this. But most companies are nice and understandable - if you told them you just need the temporary permit until your PR arrives they are usually fine.

Don't panic!
DGT said:

Thanks guys, this is very encouraging. We are waiting on a police check from the UK and a letter from my partner's parents in Scotland, then we will join the waiting game!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
ghunter said:
Thanks guys, this is very encouraging. We are waiting on a police check from the UK and a letter from my partner's parents in Scotland, then we will join the waiting game!
Excellent. Fear not! And congratulations on choosing a Scotsman. You can't go wrong.

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
^^ Hear hear

I have Monday booked off work. I was going to cancel it and go in but now I'm thinking if my COPR arrives I can go to Niagara for the day. Ahhhh not sure what to do. CIC said it was posted Monday so it should be here (Toronto) by Monday but then if it isn't I've wasted a holiday day!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
DGT said:
That's a good question, and one that I don't rightly have the answer to. We notified HRMC for our tax returns, and we did contact the UKBA to tell them that we were not applying for my wife's ILR in the UK, and that I was moving to Canada. We never received any further communication regarding that matter though. It's definitely better to contact them though! You wouldn't want to get trouble at customs going back for a wee holiday!
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll send them a note!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
baruderu said:
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll send them a note!
Best do it before they are dissolved! UKBA are being shut down after all. :p

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Congrats michty6 - good to read you finally got yours!

Border crossing for me on Sunday, a bit nervous, I don't know why, but exciting at the same time! Anything I need to take with me except the COPR, passport, B4 and marriage cert(well I have a copy of it)??

mickmerf1

Jan 3, 2013
Decision Made!!!!!! Just checked ecas, as you do 10 times a day and got the shock of my life, can't quite believe it :D
It says:- A decision has been made on *********** application. The office will contact ************* concerning the decision. Does that mean its all done and dusted? Now where is that Postman!!!!!

scottishmaple

Oct 9, 2012
Where it always rains
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-09-2012
File Transfer...
25-09-2012
Med's Done....
21-06-2012
Interview........
HOPE NOT
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
mickmerf1 said:
Decision Made!!!!!! Just checked ecas, as you do 10 times a day and got the shock of my life, can't quite believe it :D
It says:- A decision has been made on *********** application. The office will contact ************* concerning the decision. Does that mean its all done and dusted? Now where is that Postman!!!!!
congratulations