+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Congrats on the DMs and COPRs!

Woffles, thanks for sharing your landing story - it's so good to have an idea of what to expect.

Michty - what the heck are they doing over there? Hopefully it just shows up in the mail when you're least expecting it.

Fingerprints just arrived! Going to post them as soon as hubby gets home from work. Hopefully the VO will get to them quickly and we'll be done! They came exactly a week after I got them done. The form says the search itself was completed the day I went in for the fingerprints, and they posted them the day after. Would definitely recommend the commisionaires service to anyone who gets a fingerprint request.

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
What's the average time again from in process to dm? I really hope we hear soon. Or atleast before June 13th. That's when I have to leave the UK and we booked our tickets!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Uk2Can said:
What's the average time again from in process to dm? I really hope we hear soon. Or atleast before June 13th. That's when I have to leave the UK and we booked our tickets!
The average based on our 2012 spreadsheet is 24 days. However, I added a line to the spreadsheet to show the median for this number - the median is 17 days. The median is slightly more accurate in this case because there are a few people (COUGH COUGH COUGH) who are dragging the average up by being In Process for an obscene amount of time...

dannypee said:
hi michty6 are you common law? I wonder why its taking so long have you emailed them ? that sucks for you buddy.
Yeh I'm CL. No idea they haven't mentioned anything in any emails. I got an unofficial email saying my COPR was on the way and would be with me "within 2 weeks". That was 2 weeks ago lol ;D.

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
michty6 said:
The average based on our 2012 spreadsheet is 24 days. However, I added a line to the spreadsheet to show the median for this number - the median is 17 days. The median is slightly more accurate in this case because there are a few people (COUGH COUGH COUGH) who are dragging the average up by being In Process for an obscene amount of time...

Yeh I'm CL. No idea they haven't mentioned anything in any emails. I got an unofficial email saying my COPR was on the way and would be with me "within 2 weeks". That was 2 weeks ago lol ;D.
Were going on 27 days tomorrow. Fingers crossed we hear soon! And fingers crossed yours comes in the mail TOMORROW :) haha good vibes sent your way, xoxo

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
chopsticks said:
Hi,
We have a DECISION MADE! The spreadsheet can FINALLY be updated for me. It changed sometime over the weekend, but I guess we can put it in as March 24 since I saw it today :D
My husband's home address has also changed to my city, province, and Canada. It does not say my house number and street name though, but I guess that is not an issue?
Total processing time for us was 10 months!
Thank you so much for everyone who helped me through these long 10 months! I really wish everyone waiting hears good news very very soon! :)
Congratulations!! Finally the wait is over for you!

sfeire

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-08-2012
Med's Done....
24-04-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued 25-02-2013, DM 01-03-2013, Rec in Canada 07-03-2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2013, PR card rec 01-05-2013
canuck_in_uk said:
Hey guys!

Just a heads up for all those who will be settling in BC (west coast is the best coast lol). I was having a look about adding my partner to my BC MSP (Medical Services Plan) now that he has officially landed. Normally there is a waiting period, the balance of the month of arrival plus 2 months before a person qualifies for coverage. But in my wanderings of the MSP website, I found this

www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/pdf/covering-a-spouse-or-child-who-is-an-applicant-for-permanent-resident-status-in-canada.pdf

So according to this little publication, spouse PR applicants qualify after the balance of the month the PR APPLICATION IS RECEIVED BY CIC plus 2 months.

Really wish I had found this months ago. My partner arrived in Dec 2012 and could have had coverage straightaway, as his application was accepted by CIC in June 2012 and he qualified as of Sept 1st, 2012.

And I really wish that the MSP call centre had bothered to tell me this info when I asked about the process before we even arrived in Canada.
I just applied for my health card in Ontario (and I'd had one previously on my work permit) and te same thing - I have to wait 2 months or so until it kicks in!

Korma

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2012
File Transfer...
06-11-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2013
LANDED..........
12-04-2013
Does anyone know if you need the paper counterpart of your driver's license when exchanging your UK one for an Ontario one?

I ask because mine's all the way back in England and even then I don't know exactly where it is.

Lee J

Feb 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30th April 2013
Korma said:
Does anyone know if you need the paper counterpart of your driver's license when exchanging your UK one for an Ontario one?

I ask because mine's all the way back in England and even then I don't know exactly where it is.
You will need your photocard licence AND the counterpart. If you need to apply for a replacement licence (you can't just apply for the counterpart), you will need to have a UK address and be able to provide 3 years of UK address details. Unless of course the DVLA has changed the rules in the last 6 months.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Korma said:

A friend of mine just exchanged her UK license for an Ontario one, she said the guy didn't even mention the counterpart, just asked for the photo card. I think it basically comes down to how much the person at the counter knows, some people are asked to provide the counterpart and some aren't. Give it a try, and if there is more than 1 office near you, try them all :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
We have also received our SA late last night. (25th March).
Please could the spreadsheet be updated. Our classification should be "Married".

Z.

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
sfeire said:
I just applied for my health card in Ontario (and I'd had one previously on my work permit) and te same thing - I have to wait 2 months or so until it kicks in!
So it's from the day you landed (and not the day you apply for OHIP) that they start counting the 3 months Sfeire? May I ask which documents you took with you to apply for OHIP? Just want to be sure we don't forget anything. Thanks!

Lee J

Feb 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30th April 2013
canuck_in_uk said:
A friend of mine just exchanged her UK license for an Ontario one, she said the guy didn't even mention the counterpart, just asked for the photo card. I think it basically comes down to how much the person at the counter knows, some people are asked to provide the counterpart and some aren't. Give it a try, and if there is more than 1 office near you, try them all :)
Good luck with that. Legally you are required to surrender both parts.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
baruderu said:
So it's from the day you landed (and not the day you apply for OHIP) that they start counting the 3 months Sfeire? May I ask which documents you took with you to apply for OHIP? Just want to be sure we don't forget anything. Thanks!
It is from the day you landed (if you landed in Ontario), or 3 months after you take up residence there. You'll need you Passport, COPR, Supplemental ID (like a credit card), and some proof of address. :)

baruderu

Star Member
Oct 29, 2012
DGT said:
It is from the day you landed (if you landed in Ontario), or 3 months after you take up residence there. You'll need you Passport, COPR, Supplemental ID (like a credit card), and some proof of address. :)
Great, many thanks!! :)