+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

jbkon

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
chopsticks said:
Hi,
We have a DECISION MADE! The spreadsheet can FINALLY be updated for me. It changed sometime over the weekend, but I guess we can put it in as March 24 since I saw it today :D
My husband's home address has also changed to my city, province, and Canada. It does not say my house number and street name though, but I guess that is not an issue?
Total processing time for us was 10 months!
Thank you so much for everyone who helped me through these long 10 months! I really wish everyone waiting hears good news very very soon! :)
Congrats! :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
chopsticks said:
Hi,
We have a DECISION MADE! The spreadsheet can FINALLY be updated for me. It changed sometime over the weekend, but I guess we can put it in as March 24 since I saw it today :D
My husband's home address has also changed to my city, province, and Canada. It does not say my house number and street name though, but I guess that is not an issue?
Thank you so much for everyone who helped me through these long 10 months! I really wish everyone waiting hears good news very very soon! :)
Yeah! congrats!! and the "city/province/Canada" is common to everybody who got DM - they never update to the real address, for whatever reason! Hope the passport comes back soon, so you can be done with the process! great news!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Woffles said:
Just looking at MSP stuff, because I've lived here for so long now (Nov 2009-April 2011, back to UK for a month then back to BC June 2011-present, during this time I've had two working holiday visas and two visitor records), do I still have to wait the three months before I'm covered? I'm presuming so.

And if anyone does know what travel restrictions are in place before you get the PR card, please could you let me know? The guy who did my landing said the card could take 3-6 months, but I know people are getting them way quicker.

Thanks, and congrats to all the recent DMs and COPRs :)
PR cards are being sent out in 35 days for now, see here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp so it should be fairly quick. The timeline on the website is actually pretty accurate (for once! :) )

Also - because you're visa-exempt, it doesn't really matter. You can leave Canada, and travel back on your british passport (you won't be denied boarding on a plane for example), just don't mention that you are a PR to the airline staff if you don't have the card with you. They are not trained to read a COPR, so that won't help. Just pretend that you're a tourist. You don't need a visa for Canada so there is no reason to deny you boarding. Once you get to Canada, at the border, tell them that you are a PR but without your card, and they can look you up in the computer without troubles. Fairly easy.
Congrats on becoming a PR!
Sweden

Needhelpplease

Aug 15, 2012
Evening all!!

Can i be added to the spreadsheet please? I tried adding it myself, but wont allow me??

Misisaga has received the sponsorship part - Friday 22nd March.
Common-law

Many thanks,
Lee.

dannypee

Jan 29, 2013
In process for three weeks now coooooooooooooomon!!! had to provide a letter from the army regarding when I leave the service though ??????? anyone want to guess why??? because its not on the check list ??????? got asked to provide the info asap which is encouraging!!

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
dannypee said:
In process for three weeks now coooooooooooooomon!!! had to provide a letter from the army regarding when I leave the service though ??????? anyone want to guess why??? because its not on the check list ??????? got asked to provide the info asap which is encouraging!!
Hey Danny! I do understand that further scrutiny is given to applicants with a military background, so don't worry! Seems absurd really though, given you're in "Her Majesty's Service", she's Canada's head of state too!

Don't worry though. I'm sure you'll be done soon!

chopsticks

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2012
Doc's Request.
November 2012
File Transfer...
July 17, 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012 (extended until Feb, 2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 13, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 21, 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Thank you so much Merveille, jbkon, and Sweden! :D
Special thanks to Sweden for always helping me out!

kaede1977

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
Dublin Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
File Transfer...
27-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-02-2012
chopsticks said:
Hi,
congrats chopsticks...great news for you guys!!!

jbkon

Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
July 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
dannypee said:
My application has been in process over 50 days! and some people are in process for months! It takes a while... :(
They normally need to know everything lol they're very nosy!! :p

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
Grats Chopsticks!

michty6

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-05-2012
AOR Received.
'In Progress' at London from 10/12/2012
File Transfer...
15-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision made 28/3/2013. GCMS notes show London forgot about my file until I emailed them in February...
^ 3 weeks 'in progress' is nothing. I'm at 3.5 months and still going... They have not requested a single document since the one I sent them on Dec 11th too, so literally 3.5 months to process the documents that they have...

Uk2Can

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
uk
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/08/2012
File Transfer...
19/10/2012
Med's Done....
15/04/2012
Passport Req..
EXEMPT
dannypee said:
this makes me think my husband will get this as well. Hes ex RAF. Great!

Kristina1987

Mar 14, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi can anyone enlighten me about my application. I applied under living in caregiver last october 01, 2011 its been 5 months now. I don't know why it took so long to process my application. I am a student visa here in the UK and as much as possible I wanted to move to canada before my visa expire on march 2014. Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Kristina1987 said:
Hi can anyone enlighten me about my application. I applied under living in caregiver last october 01, 2011 its been 5 months now. I don't know why it took so long to process my application. I am a student visa here in the UK and as much as possible I wanted to move to canada before my visa expire on march 2014. Thank you.
Hi

This thread is for people sponsoring their spouses for permanent residency. You should try the Foreign Workers section http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-b10.0/ and there will be people that have more experience with this type of application. What I do know is that the Live in Caregiver program processing time is currently 38 months, which is the average time that 80% of apps are processed, so you are still well within the normal processing times

michty6 said:
^ 3 weeks 'in progress' is nothing. I'm at 3.5 months and still going... They have not requested a single document since the one I sent them on Dec 11th too, so literally 3.5 months to process the documents that they have...
That just totally sucks michty6 :(. Crossing my fingers for you!

I'm think we were lucky that we skipped the In Process and went straight from Application Received to Decision Made

antz21

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
26-10-2012
Med's Done....
16-05-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-13
LANDED..........
02-04-13
Not been on here for the past week or so, busy times!!

Congrats to all those who got DM's and landed as PR's in the last couple of weeks!

Michty I can't believe you are still waiting :( hopefully you will have a good story at the end of it??? Or maybe your COPR will just turn up randomly one day... I hope you hear soon though!

Woffles, I too was wondering about the travel restrictions once landing - but thank you Sweden for clearing that up.

So my newest news is that I will be landing this weekend at the Windsor border crossing. Anyone had any experience with this border? Just curious as what to expect, and hopefully I don't have too many problems as I have to come back into the states to finish my last 2 months of work after I land!!