+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Outland LONDON, UK Applications!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
So my partner flagpoled through Port Angeles yesterday. When we went through Canada Immigration, it was pretty relaxed and easy. There was a funny moment when the officer asked me if I was alright with him landing as a PR.....I laughed and just said that I hoped so otherwise sponsoring him was a complete waste :), which made the officer laugh. And he let me come into the office with my partner to process everything.

The only annoying moment of the day came courtesy of US immigration. The officer was in her late 50's or early 60's and was tech challenged. She didn't know how to look up ESTAs in the computer and said it was our responsibility to provide my partner's ESTA number....I said we had went through the US at least a dozen times in the past few years and had NEVER been told to provide it ourselves. She called over someone else, who had to show her how to look it up and it still took her ages to do it. Then when she had to print off the paper to stick in his passport, she couldn't figure out how to load the paper into the printer...again, someone else had to come over and show her how to do it. And when she asked where we were staying overnight and we said it was only a flagpole trip, she got pissed off and we could hear her muttering under her breath "all this work just for a day trip" blah blah. The other officers processed a few dozen people in the time it took her to process us. Then when we hit US Customs, the officer took one look at the covers of our Canadian and British passports and our lack of luggage and before we even said anything, guessed that we were flagpoling and just waved us through :).

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Got my COPR today :D just a quick one as I'm about to go shred some powder, can I walk across the border and flagpole? Just that I'm looking after friends dogs and obv won't be able to drive through with them so was wondering if I could park up and walk through?

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Woffles said:
Got my COPR today :D just a quick one as I'm about to go shred some powder, can I walk across the border and flagpole? Just that I'm looking after friends dogs and obv won't be able to drive through with them so was wondering if I could park up and walk through?
Parking up and walking through is absolutely the best thing to do! Quickest and easiest from what I've heard. Also, "shred powder"? Is that legal? Don't take that stuff to the border! ;)

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Haha, perfectly legal when you're a snowboarder and live in Whistler and they open up the Peak after it's snowed a whole bunch in the last couple of days :D I always laugh when people moan about the snow. It's the thing I love the most hahaha

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Oh! Snow! Of course. I knew that's what we were talking about....

Sniprat

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
14-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
MapleCross said:
:) I wasn't expecting it to be this quick either actually! But I'm glad. And thanks Sweden!

I live in Truro, and it's a lovely little town. Halifax is great too. I think the city looks a lot like Newcastle actually (where I went to Uni), and I loved that! My husband is actually from Saint John in New Brunswick though, and we're hoping to move back there in the upcoming months.
Good grief... I live in Newcastle and I hate coming back here from Halifax. I passed through Truro once and had to get out and take a look around since it is a very nice town.

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
DGT said:
Oh! Snow! Of course. I knew that's what we were talking about....
hahaha of course!

Anyway, thank you for the reply. A friend is gonna take the dogs anyway so don't have to worry about dragging them down there.

Leaving very soon, so nervous and excited!

rebecassss

Jan 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
In process 13-03-13
Med's Done....
22-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
07-05-2013
Is there any way to get them to send your file back to you when you're finished and have COPR? We sent in originals for everything, and while it's not a big deal to get them back it would be nice.

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
I just made a little note on the envelope with my greetings cards and stuf in that I would like them to return them if possible, and they did.

Driving down now. I just need my passport and the COPR right? I don't have a B4 form, hopefully I can just fill one out there. Not that I really know what I'm gonna put on there as I haven't seen my belongings in a good couple of years.

DGT

Dec 5, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-12
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
13-11-12
File Transfer...
14-11-12
Med's Request
11-03-13
Med's Done....
23-04-13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-13
LANDED..........
29-06-13
Woffles said:
I just made a little note on the envelope with my greetings cards and stuf in that I would like them to return them if possible, and they did.

Driving down now. I just need my passport and the COPR right? I don't have a B4 form, hopefully I can just fill one out there. Not that I really know what I'm gonna put on there as I haven't seen my belongings in a good couple of years.
It doesn't even necessarily have to be a B4. Any kind of list with the goods and values can be accepted!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
canuck_in_uk said:
So my partner flagpoled through Port Angeles yesterday. When we went through Canada Immigration, it was pretty relaxed and easy. There was a funny moment when the officer asked me if I was alright with him landing as a PR.....I laughed and just said that I hoped so otherwise sponsoring him was a complete waste :), which made the officer laugh. And he let me come into the office with my partner to process everything.

The only annoying moment of the day came courtesy of US immigration. The officer was in her late 50's or early 60's and was tech challenged. She didn't know how to look up ESTAs in the computer and said it was our responsibility to provide my partner's ESTA number....I said we had went through the US at least a dozen times in the past few years and had NEVER been told to provide it ourselves. She called over someone else, who had to show her how to look it up and it still took her ages to do it. Then when she had to print off the paper to stick in his passport, she couldn't figure out how to load the paper into the printer...again, someone else had to come over and show her how to do it. And when she asked where we were staying overnight and we said it was only a flagpole trip, she got pissed off and we could hear her muttering under her breath "all this work just for a day trip" blah blah. The other officers processed a few dozen people in the time it took her to process us. Then when we hit US Customs, the officer took one look at the covers of our Canadian and British passports and our lack of luggage and before we even said anything, guessed that we were flagpoling and just waved us through :).
Congrats! and officially welcome to Canada and the island! :) it must have been a pretty rough ride on the ferry, I thought about you with the crazy wind yesterday! glad it all went well - it was the same for us - without luggage they were like "flagpoling eh?" - and a super nice Canadian officer on the way back, also making jokes and giving a nice welcome to Canada!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Sweden said:
Congrats! and officially welcome to Canada and the island! :) it must have been a pretty rough ride on the ferry, I thought about you with the crazy wind yesterday! glad it all went well - it was the same for us - without luggage they were like "flagpoling eh?" - and a super nice Canadian officer on the way back, also making jokes and giving a nice welcome to Canada!
The ride back was verrrrry rough lol. The boat rolled up and down and side to side the entire way. Sheeting rain, big waves, crazy wind :). But the ride down was beautiful, calm and sunny, so at least we got to enjoy that.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SaMoS said:
So my COPR arrived in Toronto a couple of days ago and I landed at the Niagara crossing yesterday. I drove over the border and it was as simple as everyone else has indicated. In fact it was a bit of an anti-climax for me...the drive to Niagara took longer than the landing process.

In total my simple one person, married, application took just under 7 months.

The information shared on the forum by like minded individuals has been a godsend. I think we all know how easier the experience has been by sharing our highs and lows. For that I thank you.
Mark.
Congrats and welcome to Canada :) well - welcome back! as you were already here... and good luck for the next steps!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Woffles said:
yeah! congrats - almost done ( and not much mailman stalking necessary!), enjoy the trip to the border! and - even without dog, it might be easier to walk across the border - you won't have to get the car searched etc ( doesn't always happen, but just in case!).
Sweden